Introducing SWGOH.GG - Updated with Collection Sync!

Prev134
SWGOHGG
53 posts Member
edited May 2016
We're happy to announce SWGOH.GG - a little database / squad builder site.

http://swgoh.gg/

Update: We've added Collection Sync!

https://swgoh.gg/sync/

Why (yet another) SWGOH Database?
  • For fun! We love websites and datamining.
  • We wanted to focus on having the easiest to use, most mobile friendly SWGOH site out there.
  • We are able to update the data extremely quickly, many times before the patches are live.
  • News! http://swgoh.gg/news/

The site is in it's infancy currently and under daily development, but we have a ton of features planned, guilds included. We're also working with the legendary /u/shrimpburger to bring his insights to the site! Many thanks to him for his help.
Our team on the site is reddit users /u/sanktanglia , /u/blaseter , and myself (/u/danpaulson).

For now, let's introduce this March's(?) Daily Reward Character - Magmatrooper!
http://swgoh.gg/characters/magmatrooper/
Post edited by SWGOHGG on

Replies

• Thanks. Great work. Which other data mined characters are there on the website?
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    Thanks. Great work. Which other data mined characters are there on the website?

We haven't currently released any others. We're going to try and strike a balance of not spoiling too much - that said, we're expecting another addition this week :)
  • Cool I like this - I was going to SWGCantina but your new site has a much cleaner interface. Would be nice if you could maybe link synergistic characters together - or characters that are useful if played together.
  • DiscoSlice wrote: »
    Cool I like this - I was going to SWGCantina but your new site has a much cleaner interface. Would be nice if you could maybe link synergistic characters together - or characters that are useful if played together.

You can click the Ability Classes on the left, but yeah - synergies is something we want to identify and add. Maybe a 'Best With' category.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    I use this all the time, thanks!
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Already check it out , really nice design, looking foward to upcoming updates from you guys, you seem to be ahead of the game. Congrats!! @SWGOHGG
  • Sweet!

Thanks I will use this, looks good also on my iPhone!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Cool site :)

Only thing I want to caution a little on is:
    For fun! We love websites and datamining.

What goes on outside of these forums is your business, but let's try to keep conversations here to only what has been officially announced.

Keep up the good work!
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Best SWGoH in my opinion, nice job! Favorited.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Cool site :)

What goes on outside of these forums is your business, but let's try to keep conversations here to only what has been officially announced.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Jesse - will do. We're definitely mindful of what we do and don't release, if there's ever any issues, reach out and we'll be more than happy talk. For now, will keep posts here released-content only.
  • EwokJedi1
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Nice site. What I wish I could look up when looking at abilities is how many MK2s MK3's it takes to level each skill.
  • EwokJedi1 wrote: »
    Nice site. What I wish I could look up when looking at abilities is how many MK2s MK3's it takes to level each skill.

We've got that almost in, hopefully it's out soon.
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    SWGOHGG wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Jesse - will do. We're definitely mindful of what we do and don't release, if there's ever any issues, reach out and we'll be more than happy talk. For now, will keep posts here released-content only.

@SWGOHGG but will you at least post
    Datamine/news/rumours on your website?
  • VIII wrote: »
    SWGOHGG wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

Keep up the good work!

@SWGOHGG but will you at least post
    Datamine/news/rumours on your website?

We'll try and find a healthy balance between game health / hype and having a little fun on the site. Here we'll definitely keep it to Jesse's wishes.
  • DarthBalls
    518 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Pretty cool.
  • @SWGOHGG pretty cool
  • The hush hush policy cracks me up. Knowledge of coming changes, even if they are just potential changes, should be allowed.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    RollTideTA wrote: »
    The hush hush policy cracks me up. Knowledge of coming changes, even if they are just potential changes, should be allowed.

Didn't Jesse tell him just to avoid it on this forum? This is a very typical stance that developers make. They want to release the info themselves to their customers. If GG wants to show something, it should be on their site and not here.
  • Thx. Good HP *thumbs up*
  • It's also very typically against terms of agreement to reverse-engineer code.
  • I wish we could have the 'Squads' section more categorized. It would seem a bit straightforward to present a 'Speed' team, 'Attack', 'Multi Attack' team, etc.

This is still a tad random due to nature of game but it could be presented as an 'Estimated Average Attack' power in in examples.

For instance, calculate the # of turns a team could take as a baseline using - take those turns and do an average amount of total offense the team could distribute within an average amount of turns.. let's say 4-5 dependent on the 'team type.'

A calculation runs the total amount of estimated 'base damage', not factoring abilities, synergy or leadership.

Calculate that for most squads and create a 'base squad average.'

Then as each new squad configuration is added, it can be compared to a 'base squad average' and a 'base squad type average'(QGJ Speed, Multi Attack, Droid Team, etc.

That way the cross-configuration types might see at least glaringly obvious disparities...

Such as Squad A headed by QGJ, Rey, GS, Poggle, Leia theoretical
  • Looking forward for your flourishing guys!
    Team Instinct - #1 PvP Powerhouse, dedicated with the strongest compassion to dominate.
  • Nice, work, cool site. Keep it up. @SWGOHGG

For suggestion, I would like to see a database for the gears each toon needs in each gear level. That way I can plan my farming for a character I am going for unlocking so that I have a head start on gearing it up.

Thanks.
  • Arijit wrote: »
    Nice, work, cool site. Keep it up. @SWGOHGG

For suggestion, I would like to see a database for the gears each toon needs in each gear level. That way I can plan my farming for a character I am going for unlocking so that I have a head start on gearing it up.

Thanks.

Essentially a 'Gear Tree' of geats may be found where and how many locations each gear is accessible through? Maybe even what are most 'fruitful' battles with multiple common gears for 'elite character's? Maybe hover around character page and in gear tables it shows locations can be obtained from?

I guess we could crowdsource too information, determining locations with the best drop-rate and/or determine if it's truly random...

• DarthCyren wrote: »
    Arijit wrote: »
    Nice, work, cool site. Keep it up. @SWGOHGG

Thanks.

Essentially a 'Gear Tree' of geats may be found where and how many locations each gear is accessible through? Maybe even what are most 'fruitful' battles with multiple common gears for 'elite character's? Maybe hover around character page and in gear tables it shows locations can be obtained from?

I guess we could crowdsource too information, determining locations with the best drop-rate and/or determine if it's truly random...

That's the eventual goal, and we can definitely get all that from the game data. Just need time to get there, but we will!
  • Very nice layout. I really like it!
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    beautiful! :)
  • Awesome and clean site! Thanks a lot for this I use it daily!

I do have one question though...
    Can we have more than 1 squad? I am playing around with various squads and wanted to see their turn/speed graphs (great job btw) but I noticed that I can only make 1 squad. Also I cannot edit it or delete it.

Is it possible to edit/delete/create new squads?

Thanks!
  • bleeaauuh
    1006 posts Member
    Is there anywhere you can see all the gear each character needs through each gear level
    Such as magma trooper so we can farm it all before we get them?
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Is there anywhere you can see all the gear each character needs through each gear level
    Such as magma trooper so we can farm it all before we get them?

Thats what I was talking about. All the gears needed by toons in each gear level. That will be the coolest thing and make you separate from other sites out there. @SWGOHGG