Ship 2.0 is a joke

I didn't complain before since I want to give CG time to adjust it. But I cannot bear it after today's LSTB. A lot of us lost the battle and earned 0 point. It seems that AI not only has the intelligence advantage but also the stat advantage over us (for example, my AA capital ship is faster than my Tarkin capital ship. Both are 7* g12. Yet in this cm the enemy Tarkin capital ship is faster than my AA capital ship). I guess CG just forgot to tell us about this change in the update?

Let me reiterate what most of the gamers think about ship 2.0. Change is good; too much of a change is bad. Turning the table upside down is not the way this game is supposed to go forward.

Replies

• I've been saying that the AI is too smart, they over focus your best ships, ignore tanks unless they have taunt, they generally seem to be making very smart decisions. For those who have maxed out fleets this is no issue but for most of us who are doing mostly mirror matches this makes it too RNG dependent. I can win a fight very easily or I miss one target lock and the whole fight can spin out of control! This isn't good
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    They either didn't test the TB battle, or intentionally made it impossible so you'll buy their new shiny ships, and forget about your old outdated ones.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    They either didn't test the TB battle, or intentionally made it impossible so you'll buy their new shiny ships, and forget about your old outdated ones.

Actually its look like they did test something, but forgot to put everything back...
  • MoBlaq
    580 posts Member
    i had no problems with it
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    i had no problems with it

>Looks at continuous stream of complaints already

>Reads as good RNG
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    The ai capital ship is always faster, it makes ships impossible.
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    adding that ai can deploy multiple ties ... why ??
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    LordInuy wrote: »
    adding that ai can deploy multiple ties ... why ??

and they all have protection
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I beat it. It was a much longer battle. Really had to think the battle ahead a lot more. I liked it. It’s not an auto battle anymore. 5’s, Rex, clone sergeant as my opening squad. Plo,cassian,ghost, Ashoka as reinforcements. These are more my scrub ships and pilots as well lol. Long match but no timer so perfect for taking your time and chip away at each ship.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Planning on getting hit by tarkin special, was out with 5 ships and cleaned up after no issue.

Not RNG, just good planning. No not easy, I'm ok with that it was simple before.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Planning on getting hit by tarkin special, was out with 5 ships and cleaned up after no issue.

Not RNG, just good planning. No not easy, I'm ok with that it was simple before.

My complaint is not that it is difficult. It is the combination of difficulty and all-or-nothing system
  • I also see NO specs on slave one having the ability to ignore foresight. H should not be able to hit tie when tie has foresight
  • I've been able to get around before the update, now I can't get anywhere. Even after I level or improve both toon's and ships. I got two stars on an event just before the update to 2.0, I've upgraded my ships to get the three stars and I can't even complete the event at all now after. Waist of time.
  • SO thrilled with the changes. I mean, considering how much I hate winning battles, I'm in heaven-I went from 3-5 wins a week to, so far, ONE since the "revamp". If they do the same with the arena and Galactic War there will be no point to playing as a free player. Way to try to force more crystal purchases, guys, should've expected this after the Battlefront debacle.