Speed ​​Mods are destroying this game

Speed ​​mods exert a great influence on the game, most of the time the team that attacks first wins. And it's exactly this mechanics that are making the whole strategy of the game collapse.
I've noticed in my squad arena that many players are simply ignoring other types of mods, they just use speed mods with secondary speed, and nothing else, they do that because it really is effective. Squads with other types of Mods are easily neutralized by squads with higher velocity mods, all other mods have become obsolete for most of the characters, I say most because some tanks still use some Health Mod and defense Mod .
Those who think that the goal of the game is to possess the best characters, the goal of the game in reality are the Speed ​​Mods. In other words, positions in the arena are led by players who have robust speed mods.
Okay, okay, there are some subterfuges to defeat some high-speed enemy squads such as using Han Solo to paralyze Vader before he first attacks, but this is a very risky move, it is not always that this leads you to the victory and defense in the squad arena is compromised because AI makes no distinction of attacking the fastest character.
Also I believe many of you may have noticed some annoying speed bugs during arena battles, these bugs are now more subtle but in the past they were quite obvious.
I do not really see a solution to this anomaly in the game, players with higher speed mods will always lead the arena. The only solution I can see for the Speed ​​Mods problem would be to ban them permanently from the game, and of course that will never happen and it would not be well accepted by players who have Speed ​​Mods higher than the others. Without further ado the game is no longer a game of strategy and tactics to simply be a game of luck in which players who gain better mods of speed will always be superior.

Replies

• Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Your only figuring out now that the real name of the game is Star Wars Galaxy of Speed
  • Darthpedro wrote: »
    Your only figuring out now that the real name of the game is Star Wars Galaxy of Speed

I agree, lol.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    You're right in a way, but in another way you're not. If everyone's running the meta then the highest speed wins, but if you're fighting a nightmare team with jawas, you'll lose even if your speeds are double their's.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Also, the Devs are starting to put in mechanics to counter speed and TM reduction. Sion/Nihilus, Vader Unique, Enfys, the Vets, Vandor's protection buff, etc. I imagine this will continue.

Its also much easier to get speed mods from the mod shop. So at least its not as bad as before. I was a little lucky but got 2 +14 speed secondaries yesterday.
  • It requires thought, but it is possible to win with slower squads. Sometimes this requires changing characters or just switching leader. I have won battles against teams where every character on the opposing team is faster than mine, and I’ve also lost battles where my characters are the fastest. The strategy in this game is in finding the different counters to each team. That includes setting up teams to counter faster mods. Obviously, fast mods make your team better. But there is more to the game than just mods.
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    At the same time, it was only through moving around some mods with a bit of extra speed that allowed me to get T7 Thrawn. Go figure.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    VonZant wrote: »
    Also, the Devs are starting to put in mechanics to counter speed and TM reduction. Sion/Nihilus, Vader Unique, Enfys, the Vets, Vandor's protection buff, etc. I imagine this will continue.

Its also much easier to get speed mods from the mod shop. So at least its not as bad as before. I was a little lucky but got 2 +14 speed secondaries yesterday.

+14 are mods for a "D" team, maybe a "C" team, but +14 is nothing in Arena unless u r on a fledgling shard. I run a speed lead and between +111 and +123 (b4 lead bonus) on my Arena toons and still get outsped...top 10 is insane.

Now, Speed kills...true enuf, but u only have so many disables. If your opponent survives the initial onslaught and u aren't packing 216% cd backed by +500 or more offense, u face a slim chance of killing someone out-the-gate. Speed needs to get u to a 5v4 quickly as it has serious diminishing returns bcuz of the damage/survivability u sacrifice to attain it.
  • Your part of the problem bro ^ ruining the game like that