Nihilus Unique zeta

FailingCrab
1155 posts Member
edited June 2018
I currently run zEP/Vader/Thrawn/zSion/Tarkin in arena (Dec '17 shard, I can just about take #1 if I'm lucky and on at payout) but I'm building up Nihilus as we speak. If I'm lucky I'll have my 3rd zeta ready in about a week and the consensus seems to be that Nihilus' unique should be next.

What I don't understand is what that zeta brings to the table? Health down doesn't seem like the most game-changing debuff and applying a single debuff (which looks like it might be resistible) at the start of a turn also doesn't seem gamechanging. The only usefulness I see is that it will hopefully (ie if not resisted) replace itself at the start of each enemy's next turn, meaning that 85% of the time my opponent takes a 2nd turn my team will get 5% TM.
https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
Discord: Iona Starbound#5299

Replies

• Options
    I currently run zEP/Vader/Thrawn/zSion/Tarkin in arena (Dec '17 shard, I can just about take #1 if I'm lucky and on at payout) but I'm building up Nihilus as we speak. If I'm lucky I'll have my 3rd zeta ready in about a week and the consensus seems to be that Nihilus' unique should be next.

What I don't understand is what that zeta brings to the table? Health down doesn't seem like the most game-changing debuff and applying a single debuff (which looks like it might be resistible) at the start of a turn also doesn't seem gamechanging. The only usefulness I see is that it will hopefully (ie if not resisted) replace itself at the start of each enemy's next turn, meaning that 85% of the time my opponent takes a 2nd turn my team will get 5% TM.

The only use is that it will confuse AI thrawn lead teams.
    It is a nuance which can also be gamechanging in mirror matches.
    I personally use EPz zSion Vader Thrawn Nihilus team and I dont feel it necessary to invest any more zeta into it. If i would anyway, I would rather choose Vader's unique.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, not necessary. But it does give a chance to have a debuff on every toon that goes before him to help him get CD increase on them and CD decrease on himself.

Toons without protection or being hit by attacks that ignore protection it is an advantage but not sure about that being worth a zeta.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yeah, not necessary. But it does give a chance to have a debuff on every toon that goes before him to help him get CD increase on them and CD decrease on himself.

Toons without protection or being hit by attacks that ignore protection it is an advantage but not sure about that being worth a zeta.

Ah I forgot about the interaction with his unique. That means that in mirror matches, after the enemy Vader uses Force Crush and it becomes a 50/50 over whether he or your nihilus goes next, if your nihilus goes it will definitely reduce his CD and therefore you'll almost definitely win. Basically brings your chance of winning vs a faster EP team to 50%, which seems kind of useful given the prevalence of those teams in arena.

Beyond that I'm still not seeing it.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, there are a few minor interactions that it does help, but do they add up to a zeta..... probably not.