Everything EA Showed At E3 2018

https://kotaku.com/everything-ea-announced-at-e3-2018-1826699199

"This morning in Los Angeles, Electronic Arts kicked off E3 2018 with a press conference in which they announced a new Star Wars game, an Unravel sequel, and took a longer look at BioWare’s upcoming RPG Anthem, which is out next February."

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    We really need a "yawn" emoji....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Disney XD is doing nice coverage of E3. I'd be watching it on dvr now if news wasn't really interesting at the moment.
  • I'm excited they're doing everything but look into the Sith Raid.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i might give C&C rivals a shot for old time's sake.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »

I bust out C&C every now and then. Love that game.
  • It was by far the worst conference...a far off Star Wars game that doesn’t sound very promising by a studio that has only developed one meh multiplayer game. Anthem looks like another garbage Destiny clone. Bioware is going down the dumpster.
  • It would seem reports of EA putting everything into Anthem were correct, given they don't have much else going. Subscription based Anthem, could be a bad move, but no loot boxes is a good thing.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    What we need is a good strong single player immersive star wars game that just knocks your socks off!

But that isn't likely if they can't get the movies right, lol
  • One of my favorite memories of a PC SW game was Phantom Menace. I got stuck at one part where I had to jump from one platform to another. I finally caved and contacted support for help. The woman that replied was really helpful and even offered to send me a save game just beyond that point. I was thrilled, and moved on to finish the game. I know, so..? Well I was watching a Star wars movie and in the credits I saw her name!! She wasn't just a CSR. I was blown away. Friends were like, "What?" I smiled and said I talked to her! Life's little smiles.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

my laptop doesnt have a CD-rom drive -_-
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

Network with PC?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I bought an external one.
  • Boo wrote: »
    What we need is a good strong single player immersive star wars game that just knocks your socks off!

I don’t understand why they can’t figure out this is what everyone wants...
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

They know that's what many people wants, but it doesn't make money. Instead, they avoid making single player games, and make games with microtransactions and games-as-services, because when we're devoid of good single player games, most will break down and play what's offered because it's SW.
    And yes, that is baloney.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    kalidor wrote: »

They know that's what many people wants, but it doesn't make money. Instead, they avoid making single player games, and make games with microtransactions and games-as-services, because when we're devoid of good single player games, most will break down and play what's offered because it's SW.

It's not only that, single player games are 1 time things. Multi player element allows the game to "evolve" as more/different players play it. It extends the life with "less work" because the players are what create challenges and not the code.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member

It's not only that, single player games are 1 time things. Multi player element allows the game to "evolve" as more/different players play it. It extends the life with "less work" because the players are what create challenges and not the code.

Yes - one time things to them. I've played many games through dozens of times. But they only get my money once. So from a return-on-investment POV, single player games are risky. That's why I'm leaning towards a lot more indie and crowdfunded games these days, than those from big publishers. Playing wildly different games is better than playing reskinned games with the same gameplay (IMO).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yes - one time things to them. I've played many games through dozens of times. But they only get my money once. So from a return-on-investment POV, single player games are risky. That's why I'm leaning towards a lot more indie and crowdfunded games these days, than those from big publishers. Playing wildly different games is better than playing reskinned games with the same gameplay (IMO).

Yeah, I'm always on an indie hunt. When I have the time.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Yeah, I'm always on an indie hunt. When I have the time.

You spend too much time babysitting us. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*