Grand Master Luke Skywalker Hero's Journey and Kit

Calastar
304 posts Member
edited June 2018
This is what I believe Jedi Luke's Hero's Journey will be. It may not be in game.

The Return of the Jedi: Grand Master Luke's Hero's Journey

Required Units:
Commander Luke Skywalker
Han Solo
Chewbacca (OT)
Princess Leia
R2-D2
Darth Vader

All rewards are: 33 Grand Master Luke Skywalker shards, 20 crystals, and 50k credits

Tier I
Required Units:
Commander Luke Skywalker 7*
Recommended Level 85, Gear 12, Superior Mods
Defeat the Wampa to escape. Captain Han Solo is your forced ally in phase 2 and must revive Luke and defeat a Taun Taun. Luke starts with 10 DoTs and is at low health in phase 2.

Tier II
Required Units:
Fight Darth Vader in the cave at Dagobah. Once he is defeated, Luke finds out he us Vader.

Tier III
Required Units:
Fight waves of Stormtroopers and Darth Vader to free Luke's friends. In the final phase Darth Vader has another ability. Join Me Starts on cooldown 4. Darth Vader cuts Luke's hand off and asks Luke to join him. Cutscene where Luke finds out Vader is his father.

Tier IV
Required Units:
Princess Leia, Chewbacca 7*
Fight through waves of Stormtroopers to get to the Millennium Falcon. Cutscene where Luke calls out to Leia with the force and the Millennium Falcon saves Luke.

Tier V
Required Units:
Commander Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, R2-D2 7*
Fight Jabba and his guards aboard Jabba's sail barge. Lando Calrissian (Sail Barge) is your forced ally. Separate phases with separate characters. In Princess Leia's phase she has ability block on everything but Choke foe Jabba. Lando must save Han from Boba Fett and the Sarlacc. Lots of cutscenes.

Tier VI
Required Units:
Commander Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca 7*
Fight Stormtroopers to get to the shield generator bunker. Scout Troopers are in the final phase and they have the ability Escape on cooldown 1.

Tier VII
Required Units:
Commander Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia 7*
Battle Scout Troopers aboard speeder bikes. Cutscene where Leia falls off the speeder bike and then Luke finishes the other Scout Troopers. Cutscene where Leia meets Wicket.

Tier VIII
Required Units:
Princess Leia, Han Solo, R2-D2 7*
Capture the bunker to disable the Death Star shields. Wicket and Teebo are your forced allies. Chewbacca will save them in the final wave with an AT-ST after all characters are reduced below 70% Health.

Tier IX
Required Units:
Fight Darth Vader in the throne room and bring him back to the light. When Vader's Health drops below 30%, Emperor Palpatine comes in and stuns Luke.

Tier X
Required Units:
Darth Vader 7*
Defeat Emperor Palpatine and save Luke from the Emperor. Cutscene where Vader throws Palpatine into the reactor.

Here is GMLS's kit

Grand Master Luke Skywalker - 330 shards - Light Side, Jedi, Rebel

Basic - Flurry Strike - Zeta
FINAL TEXT: Deal physical damage to target enemy and remove 50% Turn Meter if they gained Turn Meter from this attack. This effect is unresistable. Luke attacks again and has a 30% chance to attack again and then a 15% chance to attack again.

Special - Rooted in the Force - Cooldown 5 - Omega
FINAL TEXT: Luke's speed is reduced by 50% for 1 turn and gains the undispellable buff, Immovable for 1 turn.

Immovable - Unit cannot be reduced below 1 Health and is immune to Turn Meter Reduction. When this buff expires, unit gains 70% Health and dispels all debuffs on themselves, gaining 7% Protection for each debuff dispelled this way.

Special - Unknown Presence - Cooldown 3 - Omega
FINAL TEXT: Luke gains Stealth, Offense Up, Advantage and Defense Penetration for 2 turns, and has a 60% chance to inflict Expose on all enemies for 1 turn. Luke gains 40% Turn Meter for each enemy without Expose.

Special - Golden Flames - Cooldown 6 - Zeta
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and remove 35% Turn Meter which is unresistable. Dispel all buffs on all enemies and Stagger them for 2 turns. Inflict two stacks of undispellable Burning for 3 turns. This attack deals triple damage to Burning enemies. This attack cannot be Evaded.

Leader - Force Mastery - Zeta
FINAL TEXT: All Jedi and Rebel allies have +40% Max Health and Max Protection. Whenever an ally suffers a detrimental effect, Jedi and Rebel allies gain 15% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount. Whenever an ally gains a buff, all allies gain that buff for 1 turn (excluding Stealth and Taunt). All allies have +40% Speed whenever they don't have any buffs.

Unique - Oneness - Zeta
FINAL TEXT: Luke calls a Jedi ally to assist whenever he attacks outside of his turn. Luke's Max Protection and Max Health is increased by 30% for each Jedi and Rebel ally. Luke has +20% Speed for each Jedi ally and +20% Offense for each Rebel ally. Luke has a 40% chance to reduce his cooldowns by 1 whenever an ally suffers a detrimental effect. Luke recovers 20% Health whenever he gains a buff.

He is the Legends version so here is the website I used for his abilities: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker/Legends
I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
Post edited by Calastar on

Replies

• This is a very good kit AND event! Pretty remarkable I gotta say. You know, I run an entire discord server about these kind of speculations and kit making. You should join. Link is https://discord.gg/D94UuNz.
  • How about no more free LS heroic toons till we get a free DS one. LS is gifted so much it’s absurd.
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    It isn't free.

He is supposed to be immensely hard to get with the tiers being very difficult. You have to be at end game to do this event.

What Dark Side characters do you recommend?
  • I love it all except having the Falcon. We don't even have an OT Falcon.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    No fighting Wampa and/or snowtroopers on Hoth? Otherwise I do like the event excluding the falcon (it's Luke's journey he didn't do much with the falcon at all), and his Jedi assist makes little sense as he was he only Jedi of his time
  • Too easy. Throw in a 7* wampa and a 7* hermit yoda and you might have just done something. If they make ships a req ill start flipping stuff over.
  • Thanks for putting all that thought into GM Luke's kit, but based on the film it should be more like:
    • Lightsaber Toss: Throw lightsaber over shoulder.
    • One for the Road: A thala-siren appears. (zeta) Luke milks it and has a pull.
    • Force Projection: Gain taunt for 1 turn. Immune to damage and other status effects. Die when taunt expires. This ability starts on cooldown and happens automatically when the cooldown expires. (zeta) Cooldown 0.
    • Epic Fail: At the beginning of each enemy unit's turn, cleanse all debuffs from them and apply every possible positive status effects in the game. At the beginning of each allied unit's turn, dispell all buffs from them and apply every possible negative status effect in the game. These effects cannot be evaded, resisted, prevented, or dispelled. (zeta) These effects persists after Luke has been defeated.
  • I left out Hoth because Luke didn't train with Yoda until after Hoth.

The other abilities are more for Old Luke. I used the Wookiepedia's Legends Luke.

The event is supposed to be really really hard.

What do you recommend instead of the Millennium Falcon? I was trying to follow his Jedi storyline.
  • I fixed his Hero's Journey Tiers.
  • Calastar wrote: »
    This is what I believe Jedi Luke's Hero's Journey will be. It may not be in game.

The Return of the Jedi: Grand Master Luke's Hero's Journey

Required Units:
    Commander Luke Skywalker
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca (OT)
    Princess Leia
    R2-D2
    Darth Vader

All rewards are: 33 Grand Master Luke Skywalker shards, 20 crystals, and 50k credits

Tier I
    Required Units:
    Defeat the Wampa to escape. Captain Han Solo is your forced ally in phase 2 and must revive Luke and defeat a Taun Taun. Luke starts with 10 DoTs and is at low health in phase 2.

Tier II
    Required Units:
    Fight Darth Vader in the cave at Dagobah. Once he is defeated, Luke finds out he us Vader.

Tier III
    Required Units:
    Fight waves of Stormtroopers and Darth Vader to free Luke's friends. In the final phase Darth Vader has another ability. Join Me Starts on cooldown 4. Darth Vader cuts Luke's hand off and asks Luke to join him. Cutscene where Luke finds out Vader is his father.

Tier IV
    Required Units:
    Princess Leia, Chewbacca 7*
    Fight through waves of Stormtroopers to get to the Millennium Falcon. Cutscene where Luke calls out to Leia with the force and the Millennium Falcon saves Luke.

Tier V
    Required Units:
    Commander Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, R2-D2 7*
    Fight Jabba and his guards aboard Jabba's sail barge. Lando Calrissian (Sail Barge) is your forced ally. Separate phases with separate characters. In Princess Leia's phase she has ability block on everything but Choke foe Jabba. Lando must save Han from Boba Fett and the Sarlacc. Lots of cutscenes.

Tier VI
    Required Units:
    Commander Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca 7*
    Fight Stormtroopers to get to the shield generator bunker. Scout Troopers are in the final phase and they have the ability Escape on cooldown 1.

Tier VII
    Required Units:
    Commander Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia 7*
    Battle Scout Troopers aboard speeder bikes. Cutscene where Leia falls off the speeder bike and then Luke finishes the other Scout Troopers. Cutscene where Leia meets Wicket.

Tier VIII
    Required Units:
    Princess Leia, Han Solo, R2-D2 7*
    Capture the bunker to disable the Death Star shields. Wicket and Teebo are your forced allies. Chewbacca will save them in the final wave with an AT-ST after all characters are reduced below 70% Health.

Tier IX
    Required Units:
    Fight Darth Vader in the throne room and bring him back to the light. When Vader's Health drops below 30%, Emperor Palpatine comes in and stuns Luke.

Tier X
    Required Units:
    Darth Vader 7*
    Defeat Emperor Palpatine and save Luke from the Emperor. Cutscene where Vader throws Palpatine into the reactor.

Here is GMLS's kit

Grand Master Luke Skywalker - 330 shards - Light Side, Jedi, Rebel

Basic - Flurry Strike - Zeta
    FINAL TEXT: Deal physical damage to target enemy and remove 50% Turn Meter if they gained Turn Meter from this attack. This effect is unresistable. Luke attacks again and has a 30% chance to attack again and then a 15% chance to attack again.

Special - Rooted in the Force - Cooldown 5 - Omega
    FINAL TEXT: Luke's speed is reduced by 50% for 1 turn and gains the undispellable buff, Immovable for 1 turn.

Immovable - Unit cannot be reduced below 1 Health and is immune to Turn Meter Reduction. When this buff expires, unit gains 70% Health and dispels all debuffs on themselves, gaining 7% Protection for each debuff dispelled this way.

Special - Unknown Presence - Cooldown 3 - Omega
    FINAL TEXT: Luke gains Stealth, Offense Up, Advantage and Defense Penetration for 2 turns, and has a 60% chance to inflict Expose on all enemies for 1 turn. Luke gains 40% Turn Meter for each enemy without Expose.

Special - Golden Flames - Cooldown 6 - Zeta
    FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and remove 35% Turn Meter which is unresistable. Dispel all buffs on all enemies and Stagger them for 2 turns. Inflict two stacks of undispellable Burning for 3 turns. This attack deals triple damage to Burning enemies. This attack cannot be Evaded.

Leader - Force Mastery - Zeta
    FINAL TEXT: All Jedi and Rebel allies have +40% Max Health and Max Protection. Whenever an ally suffers a detrimental effect, Jedi and Rebel allies gain 15% Turn Meter and other allies gain half that amount. Whenever an ally gains a buff, all allies gain that buff for 1 turn (excluding Stealth and Taunt). All allies have +40% Speed whenever they don't have any buffs.

Unique - Oneness - Zeta
    FINAL TEXT: Luke calls a Jedi ally to assist whenever he attacks outside of his turn. Luke's Max Protection and Max Health is increased by 30% for each Jedi and Rebel ally. Luke has +20% Speed for each Jedi ally and +20% Offense for each Rebel ally. Luke has a 40% chance to reduce his cooldowns by 1 whenever an ally suffers a detrimental effect. Luke recovers 20% Health whenever he gains a buff.

He is the Legends version so here is the website I used for his abilities:

Here’s the version I came up with:
    (Basic) (Zeta) Battle meditation:
    Deal Physical Damage to Target enemy and inflict Offense and Defense down for 1 turn, with a 40% chance (doubled on Sith and Empire) to remove 30% turn meter,

(Special) (Zeta) Electric Judgement:
    Deal Special Damage to all Enemies and Remove 20% Tenacity (doubled on Empire and Sith) and a 20% chance (stacking for each empire or Sith enemy) to inflict Shock for 2 turns, in addition, for each enemy inflicted with shock, a random ally will gain offense up, or Defense Penetration until shock wares off

(Special) (Zeta) Still Good In You- Deal Special Damage to target enemy and Remove all buffs from Empire and Sith enemies and Inflict Speed down, Damage over Time (stacking for each buff removed) Remove 20% Turn Meter and inflict ability block for 2 turns and the target enemy is stunned for 1 turn

(Special) (Zeta) Like my Father before Me- Remove all DeBuffs from Jedi and Rebel Allies and gain Speed Up, Critical Chance up, and Critical Damage up for two turns, in addition, select one ally to attack and gain the fallowing:
    Support: +50% Tenacity and +60% potency
    Attacker: +50% Accuracy and +60% counter chance
    Tank: +50% of their max health and Taunt for 2 turns
    Healer: Defense Penetration Up and all allies recover 10% of their max health

(Special) (Zeta) Pass on what you have learned:
    All ally’s gain Ancient Knowledge until the end of the encounter, allies who already had this buff will gain 50% Tenacity
    Ancient Knowledge:
    +100% counter chance, Accuracy, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Tenacity, Potency, Offense, Defense and +40 Speed
    Until the end of the of the encounter.
    This ability starts on cool down.

(Unique) (Zeta) I’ll never join the dark side:
    At the start of each encounter, Luke gains Speed up (stacking for each active Empire or Sith enemy) for 3 turns, and whenever GMLS suffers a critical hit or falls below 50% health, he gains Stealth for 2 turns

(Leader) (Zeta) Grand Master of the Jedi Order:
    Jedi and Rebel Allies gain 30% Tenacity and 20% Critical Chance and gain Masters Training for 2 turns at the start of each encounter
    Whenever an enemy resists a detrimental effect, Jedi and Rebel allies gain 10% Tenacity and turn meter, with a 20% chance (stacking for each empire or Sith enemy) to gain Defense Penetration up
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker/Legends
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Lol. It took me a bit to find the kit, it was hidden in the quote. I like it
  • Yeah, he’s a little over powered, but he has to one-up Commander Luke if this is Grand Master Luke, and in the EU, GM Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Jedi to ever live. I would still rather see Darth Malgus or Revan or some of the other Sith.
  • The Jedi squad still sucks in the game. GM Yoda is pretty good now. Maybe they’ll finally make the Jedi as powerful as they are in the rest of the Star Wars Universe.
  • Hopefully in the fall when nothing is happening.