Qi'ra leader ability...

Semi
133 posts Member
edited June 2018
Is recovering 10% of protection on a critical hit feels weird for a level 1 ability?
I mean.... Other factions needs zeta material for this add-on ( Cody/krennic for exemple )
It seems a bit............WAY too much for a level 1...
I know I am comparing apples with pears but hey.... They are all fruits so....
I am not complaining at all but I am asking for your opinions into this one. :)
If this is a new era of release I can't imagine what it will be next :#

Replies

• Power creep. 'Nuff said.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Its way easier to use a basic( Cody), and considering how powerful an ability block is (which comes at level 1 of kedric) the added protection is a great bonus for the upgrade.

scoring a critical is not a guarantee and while it can be improved with mods, its never going to be that solid of a leader skill. more because of all the anti crit abilities floating around.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Its way easier to use a basic( Cody), and considering how powerful an ability block is (which comes at level 1 of kedric) the added protection is a great bonus for the upgrade.

scoring a critical is not a guarantee and while it can be improved with mods, its never going to be that solid of a leader skill. more because of all the anti crit abilities floating around.

Mods + 20% crit chance from leader ability, plus all the "guaranteed to crit if ____" skills and plenty of scoundrels have crit chance built into their uniques. It's pretty easy for them to score critical hits. Even with Crit Immunity Qi'ra has an AOE dispel, Nest has a dispel on basic for that sort of thing as well. It's pretty easy to score a critical hit.

I honestly thought that the protection regen was a zeta upgrade until I read this thread.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Eh, it's good to have some nice things that aren't gated behind zetas.
    Still not a he.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Eh, it's good to have some nice things that aren't gated behind zetas.

I agree to an extent, but it just makes me really question how they assign zeta abilities... Some zetas are just so bad, and there can be non-omega'd leader abilities that are just flat out better....

I feel as though there is a precedent that has been set as to what makes something "zeta-tier" and what isn't, and well that sure seems like it should be zeta tier.... Feels like they're making other zetas seem like a waste.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Other zetas are a waste.

There are always winners and losers in games like this. There was never a point where zeta Clone Wars Chewie seemed like a good idea.
    Still not a he.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member

I get your point.
    But don't forget that there are many scoundrel out here with aoe attacks.
    And there are not that many characrer that are immune or gains/gives Crit immunity.
    General Kenobi
    Shoretrooper
    Ahsoka Tano paired with Anakin
    Krennic paired with zeta Deathtrooper
    And some else that I forgot....

But the fact that for arena Kenobi is almost everywhere... Hm.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Semi wrote: »

I get your point.
    But don't forget that there are many scoundrel out here with aoe attacks.
    And there are not that many characrer that are immune or gains/gives Crit immunity.
    General Kenobi
    Shoretrooper
    Ahsoka Tano paired with Anakin
    Krennic paired with zeta Deathtrooper
    And some else that I forgot....

But the fact that for arena Kenobi is almost everywhere... Hm.

My point is that healing and protection gain are not meta for a reason. Teams based on crits are not meta for a reason. Her leader while good, is not the best of similar leads, and there are many reasons its counter productive to put a team like that in arena, you will feed the other side TM, offense, or some other benefit to them.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    But I was not talking about arena or meta but in general and balance. I think you are right for all you said but I still think it should not be on a level 1 ability =\ .
    Still , I asked for opinions =]
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Semi wrote: »
    But I was not talking about arena or meta but in general and balance. I think you are right for all you said but I still think it should not be on a level 1 ability =\ .
    Still , I asked for opinions =]

In the interest of balance, if she is not meta, that means that arena and TW are still in balance.

She may be solid in PvE, but honestly many teams can be built for PvE.

So not sure where else you are looking for her to be balanced. On paper? Sure it sounds a little OP, but Cody sounds more OP than that. ATF is a goddess on paper.

But yeah, just my opinion. (You did ask :smiley: )
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Other zetas are a waste.

There are always winners and losers in games like this. There was never a point where zeta Clone Wars Chewie seemed like a good idea.

Which almost makes me want to do it just in case he becomes Meta :D