What is the best reinforcement to fully upgrade?

Prev1
Lilpup
403 posts Member
I haven't spent a single reinforcement material and have saved up 100. I'm running the Home One capital ship so would like to know which would be the best for me? Thanks

Replies

• Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    You either care about the ships, so you run the standard Boba, fotp, scimitar, reaper reinforcements, or you care about the reinf abilities, in which case Plo, fives, sf are the better options. Theres no clear must have abilities any more.
  • sipi22
    20 posts Member
    We'd need to know your ship lineup and reinforcements to be helpful.
    I'd also like to know the answer :)
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Slave 1 is one of the best, especially for Home One. Gives him Crit Immunity, and with the counters he gets Prot Up under Home One and can't be bursted down.

Check out Cassian's U-Wing as well. VERY powerful.

• Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Thanks, so my lineup has been either Biggs, Vader and Kru's Tie Silencer or Biggs, Vader, and Bistans U wing. I tend to lean the silencer just because KRU is G12 max gear and my Bistan and Scarif Rebel Pathfinder are only G8.

For my reinforcements I have been doing a bunch of different combinations trying to figure out the best. I have used Slave 1, Sunfac, Poe, Cassian, and the two Phoenix Ships. All those those ships Pilots are undergeared though, except for Boba Fett and poe who are gear 11.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »
    Slave 1 is one of the best, especially for Home One. Gives him Crit Immunity, and with the counters he gets Prot Up under Home One and can't be bursted down.

Check out Cassian's U-Wing as well. VERY powerful.

Thanks yeah I saw in Warriors video that he had gone with Cassian reinforcement first I'm just not sure how it's working out for him still. That coupled with the fact that my Pilots are only here 8 or 9 I didn't know how well it would hold up.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Clone Sergeant's ARC-170 is also very good since he taunts until he loses protection. He regains taunt even if dispelled. Kind of improved version of Biggs' ship in reinforcement.
  • I found Ashokas ship not too shappy
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    I also considered Clone Srgt ship because I have him G10 already.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Assuming that you don't really have problems on offense climbing, the best ship to spend reinforcement mats on is the ship that AI defense calls for you. No point buffing a ship that the AI never calls lol.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Assuming that you don't really have problems on offense climbing, the best ship to spend reinforcement mats on is the ship that AI defense calls for you. No point buffing a ship that the AI never calls lol.

Thanks, How do I know which Ship would the AI call? I've been able to stay top 50 with playing minimal attacks a day(2-3).. I'm not sure how I would do vs the top 5 fleets as I really haven't upgraded my ships with the prestige an omegas yet, just hoarding them until I decide what is the best thing to do.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Well it's definitely no longer the Ship in the first reinforcement slot. AFAIK, AI prioritised Maul and Boba ships. I've personally upgraded Scimitar reinforcement abilities to max.
  • I think AI prioritises support types then attackers for reinforcements
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Cassians maxed out reinforcement is ridiculous when paired against the right enemy team.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Cassians maxed out reinforcement is ridiculous when paired against the right enemy team.

Thank you...So Cassian at Gear 8 would work fine? What is the right enemy team?
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Don't believe the Slave 1 hype. Maxxing his reinforcement ability is about as useful as zetaing Cassian. All it takes is a single dispell...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Clone Sergeant's ARC-170 is also very good since he taunts until he loses protection. He regains taunt even if dispelled. Kind of improved version of Biggs' ship in reinforcement.
    I loooooooooooove Clone Sgt, it's one of my new favorite ships. But you can get by with just the level 1 and level 2 versions for now. I assume the OP is talking about which one to bring up to level 3 first, so I think you can rule out the ARC for now. (Also, to the OP, I would suggest upgrading four abilities to level 2 before upgrading one to 3, but you do you!)

Assuming you want to go from 1 to 3 on one ship right now, I think there are two really strong options depending on what you need:
    1) Wedge. His level 3 reinforcement ability is an undodgeable, irresistable buff immunity and heal immunity. This is perfect for getting rid of those troublesome Biggses out there, especially considering Wedge's special will get an additional 40% damage right from the jump. It won't cleanse a taunting Biggs, but that's probably for the best--if two taunts becomes the meta, you'll want Biggs to be taunting so you can rip through him.

2) Plo Koon. His level 3 reinforcement ability heals both health and protection for a significant amount. In and of itself that's pretty good, but right now there are two very important ultimates that this counters--Tarkin and Thrawn. Both do a boatload of AoE, so late game this will keep your ships up. More importantly, Thrawn will pick one of your ships and instantly destroy it, but Thrawn can't ignore taunts. Bring in Plo Koon, throw his taunt on a ship you don't mind losing (someone with low health, for instance) and you can get through that ult.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    jackaldo20 wrote: »
    I think AI prioritises support types then attackers for reinforcements

I swear they made an announcement about it a few days after 2.0 launched, but now that I look in Dev Announcements and News I can't find it... I needed to read it again because it listed three priorities for the AI, but I only remember two.

I definitely remember that the first and most important thing to the AI is survivabilty, so it will try to bring in a ship that will protect your other ships first--Scimitar stealthing them, Slave-1 or Clone ARC taunting, not sure where healing falls in that prioritization, though. Then the second or third priority was destroying enemy ships.

I'm pretty sure it also said that if you were up 3-to-2 it recognizes that and tries to push your advantage by bringing in attackers. But, as I said, I can't find that post and memory is unreliable :(
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    NicWester wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    I loooooooooooove Clone Sgt, it's one of my new favorite ships. But you can get by with just the level 1 and level 2 versions for now. I assume the OP is talking about which one to bring up to level 3 first, so I think you can rule out the ARC for now. (Also, to the OP, I would suggest upgrading four abilities to level 2 before upgrading one to 3, but you do you!)

Assuming you want to go from 1 to 3 on one ship right now, I think there are two really strong options depending on what you need:
    1) Wedge. His level 3 reinforcement ability is an undodgeable, irresistable buff immunity and heal immunity. This is perfect for getting rid of those troublesome Biggses out there, especially considering Wedge's special will get an additional 40% damage right from the jump. It won't cleanse a taunting Biggs, but that's probably for the best--if two taunts becomes the meta, you'll want Biggs to be taunting so you can rip through him.

2) Plo Koon. His level 3 reinforcement ability heals both health and protection for a significant amount. In and of itself that's pretty good, but right now there are two very important ultimates that this counters--Tarkin and Thrawn. Both do a boatload of AoE, so late game this will keep your ships up. More importantly, Thrawn will pick one of your ships and instantly destroy it, but Thrawn can't ignore taunts. Bring in Plo Koon, throw his taunt on a ship you don't mind losing (someone with low health, for instance) and you can get through that ult.

Thanks for the reply. I normally kill Biggs before he gets a turn so he isn't an issue since I use AA team. I had considered doing my 4 reinforcement, but not sure which 4 ships work the best? I definitely want Poe as one of them...not sure who to pair with...definitely want a 2nd taunter like SunFac, Slave One, or Clone Srgt as a 2nd reinforcement.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Lilpup wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

Thank you...So Cassian at Gear 8 would work fine? What is the right enemy team?

Any team that runs considerable buffs. Ghost/Phoenix. Taunts. Retribution. Bring it in right after either Mace or Ackbar do their specials and it's all gone. It clears all of it from everyone.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Cassian at G8 works great. Im using him top 10-30 range.

I will say I dont think I have ever ever seen him counter. But his reinforce and assist are awesome.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    Kylo Rens command shuttle also look good at tier 3 - removes tm from enemy reinforcements and gaining tm for itself and FO allies.
  • banjo1071 wrote: »
    I found Ashokas ship not too shappy

Very not too shappy indeed.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Cassian's is good even at level 1. I like to bring him in right after my opponent brings in Slave 1.
  • Don't underestimate Ghost and Phantom =).
    Ghost can speed up reinforcements, and both ships could inflict TL upon arrival.
    Tie Advanced is nice too, although we often use it as starting ship.

I guess, there is no best...it depends on what you need or what you want to do.
    For me, I run Ghost followed by Phantom. Starting is Biggs, Tie Adv, ITF.
    Utility reinforcements are Cassian and Poe.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I'm taking a long look at Phantom. The ability to bring in ships on turns 2 and 3 is pretty strong.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Yeah, Phantom's is one of the best for sure, but it needs to be maxed for it to really be great.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The OP has 100 available.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    I will say that my buddy's account that I sometimes get to run can place first in fleet arena provided enough battles, and he runs Biggs, Vader, Imperial TIE - Boba, FOTFP, Poe as ships. He only upgraded Boba's reinforcement which is enough to take 1.

On offense it's amazing as the AI doesn't save dispels. On defense, it's mediocre as it is likely being dispelled by a human controlled fleet.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Yeah, I kinda forgot the theme of the thread and was just talking reinforcements in general. Phantom would get my vote for maxed ability. Plo Koon's is amazing too, but I don't know how many people actually use his ship.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    Yeah, I kinda forgot the theme of the thread and was just talking reinforcements in general. Phantom would get my vote for maxed ability. Plo Koon's is amazing too, but I don't know how many people actually use his ship.

I think we’ll see more. Plo is pretty niche, but very good against Thrawn.