1 Wave Ship Battles in TB and You, How Was Your Guild Effected?

My original post that was buried in 2 other “mega threads” be the micromanagement dept:

So by creating a one wave format you’ve essentially made it more difficult to accru points in TB fleet battles since u now only get points if you win. At least before when u made it to the final round you still received some points for completing the first two waves. Now you either get all the points or 0. Pretty sure they didn’t reduce the number of points needed for stars in the fleet territories so in a sense, they’ve also nerfed our ability to gain fleet stars by taking away the 3 waves. Haven’t seen any other threads about that particular little piece of info but I find it pretty underhanded.

As this is a singular discussion about how one lone wave Battles in TB effected your guilds and has nothing to do with p1 fleet battles not paying the correct territory points or has anything to do with the fleets 2.0 mega thread maybe we can leave it alone because I for one and the slew of others who posted in my original discussion would like a response to this issue in particular.

The major trickle down of the one wave system is the point impact on your guilds overall *s earner during a Territory Battle. As posted by numerous others in the original thread, even high end guilds found themselves struggling to maintain their previous mark achieved in the LS TB. Middle of the pack and smaller guilds struggled even more.

What I find most disturbing about the change in general is the outright destruction of the basic function of the wave system in territory battles. The wave system allows all sizes of guilds and all sizes of members to contribute points in each phase wether that’s is completing 1/6 waves in a combat missionin 6/6 thus allowing every member of the guild to contribute in some way. This will have trickle down effects on guilds as now those members whose fleets were soso and could maybe do a wave or two in p5/6 are now taking zeros. Guild brass will take notice and either motivate said player or replace said player with someone who is able to complete the content. This along with the ridiculous STR rewards that have already torn so many guilds apart will continue to degrade the struggling mid level guild base which is already struggling. Believe me, I recruit for a guild that been hanging around a 100mil gp, it’s tough out there and this only encourages members to jump ship for higher guilds.

What are your and your guilds reactions to these changes in the TB system? Do you feel this change should be addressed? Thoughts? What say you @CG_SBreadcrumbs?

Replies

• gufu21
    335 posts Member
    It's total kitten.

It means that unless you have a very strong fleet (and are expecting a MUCH harder fight than you've ever had before in previous TBs), you will get ZERO points. I'm in a guild of about 95 mil GP, and it cost us 2 stars.

CG can't seem to stop screwing things up.
  • cost us a star. 125 million GP. 10 people failed the mission. Missed 3rd star by 500k.

People didn't think about what they would platoon and what they would save for battles because there was no information shared that would prepare us for the difficulty of the last phase's ship battle.
  • It cost us 2 stars... And also another star in the first ship map cuz the bug :S (we got 2* and like 25kk from the 26kk needed to get 3*).
  • 111mgp guild. It cost us a star in phase 6. The majority of the people in my guild who could 3/3 the battle previously failed the battle. The all or nothing aspect meant a huge loss in territory points.
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    we lost 1 star, 41th star, much important...i'm very hungry for this nonsense change
  • Philan81
    190 posts Member
    lost 2 stars that we got last time. cost us 50 crystals per member and a better prize box. Only 1 person in the guild managed to do phase 6 battle where we usually have 15-20 and those that couldnt do wave 3 got points. So we missed out on phase 6 by around 6mil for the 2nd star.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Not affected, 3* on all fleet territories. Personally failed the p5 and p6 fleet mission though, so i feel like a noob =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    Not affected, 3* on all fleet territories. Personally failed the p5 and p6 fleet mission though, so i feel like a noob =D

This,but was able to beat both missions no issue. I always feel like a noob when things chnage.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Interesting to make a good system adapting your strength and change it back to a **** win or loose it all system. Nothing else to tell to this change - its rubbish 100%
  • The difficulty increase from phase 4 to phase 5 ship mission is ridiculous.

Phase 4 completed in about 5 clicks.

Phase 5 a slug-out.

As people upgrade their LS cap ship / normal ships it will get easier.
  • Couldn't beat tarkin in time and got ultimate'd even though I was winning otherwise. As is so often the case with anything ship related the game says 4 star ships when it actually means level 85 7* ships with gear 25 pilots.

Before one of the lovely resident pedants chimes in, that last part was exaggeration.

0 points, if it was the old way I would have probably got some points.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF