NS in 2018

Prev1
Hey, everyone! Wanna ask some tips on running NS on competitive lvl in arena (top 10, why not?)
Here is my arena team, and it’s strange:
https://swgoh.gg/u/metlazhizni/
It’s Daka+Assaj+Zombie...and KRU with Bobba.
So, here are the questions to help me create true NS team for arena.
1. MT or Assaj lead?
2. Assuming Daka+MT+Zombi+Assaj who should be the last? Acolyte? Spirit? Top2 guy in my shard have Talia:)
3. Should I keep Zombie as low as possible? (Looks like the answer is yes, according the other treads)

Also would love to see some advices on tactics. Right now my shard is 90% Empire/Smith, and i could make it to top 50 only with good control from 2Turn stun from KRU, and mass ability block with Bobba, because looks like if Empire starts to hit, they wouldn’t stop until you die:(
With pure NS team looks like you relies even more heavily on Daka and Assaj stuns, but they’re random...
So would love to know from pro NS runners how to beat that Emperors, Trawns, DNs and Vader’s)

Replies

• I've been running NS in arena, but I'm nowhere near Top 10.

I use Asajj lead because I have both her zetas and I used to find KRU impossible to kill when I ran Talzin. This might be less of a concern now since my toons are more developed and have better mods than they did when I ran MT. Also, I see less FO teams in my shard (mostly some variation of Nightmare) these days.

In both Asajj and MT lead teams, you're probably going to want zombie in there. Ditto for Daka. If you run a MT lead, especially with her leadership zeta, you'll want Acolyte as the 5th. I think you can probably get away with any of Talia/Acolyte/Spirit under Asajj. I use Talia for her cleanse, but I'm thinking of the damage and foresight from Spirit might be better especially since Talia's cleanse just feeds TM to the opponent when EP gets his zeta.
  • Talzin (L) - Asajj - Daka - Zombie - Spirit is probably the strongest NS team, it can defeat anything on offense with similar mod level and holds decently on def. You will want to have a strong General Kenobi to switch in against troopers if you run a weak zombie. If you run with a strong zombie you will defeat troopers as well.
  • Spirit is faster than Vader. That means you have a reliable stun to prevent the Vader-Palpatine combo that will make them go first and stun and kill off your team before you get to move. Talia is slow, and she will likely not get the chance to cleanse anything if the opponents Palp and Nihilus are allowed to move before them.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Smygelfh wrote: »
    Spirit is faster than Vader. That means you have a reliable stun to prevent the Vader-Palpatine combo that will make them go first and stun and kill off your team before you get to move. Talia is slow, and she will likely not get the chance to cleanse anything if the opponents Palp and Nihilus are allowed to move before them.

Spirit is by no means faster than Vader in a full sith/empire squad. Spirit's base speed is 153, Vader's base speed is 121, but Vader gets +8 speed for each Empire and Sith ally so in a full sith/empire team (with himself and EP double counting) his effective base speed is already 177. Equal modding Spirit will never go before Vader....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Some players add in Zolo as their 5th versus sith teams on offense for hist initial stun.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Spirit is faster than Vader. That means you have a reliable stun to prevent the Vader-Palpatine combo that will make them go first and stun and kill off your team before you get to move. Talia is slow, and she will likely not get the chance to cleanse anything if the opponents Palp and Nihilus are allowed to move before them.

Spirit is by no means faster than Vader in a full sith/empire squad. Spirit's base speed is 153, Vader's base speed is 121, but Vader gets +8 speed for each Empire and Sith ally so in a full sith/empire team (with himself and EP double counting) his effective base speed is already 177. Equal modding Spirit will never go before Vader....

You forgot +30 speed from lead for whole NS team. Spirit (153+30 = 183 speed) and Asajj (at start vs nightmare 104+75+30 = 209 speed) will be faster.
  • XKurareX wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »

You forgot +30 speed from lead for whole NS team. Spirit (153+30 = 183 speed) and Asajj (at start vs nightmare 104+75+30 = 209 speed) will be faster.

Precisely. This also makes the other NS really fast. With equal speed mods, if you manage to disable Vader, your entire team will move before the opponent. Since Spirit is reliable, you can usually stun Thrawn as well with Daka, and then Talzin assist-attacks to kill off Palpatine (or at least brings to low hp with a stun and plague on him) before the opponents take a turn. Which, barring misplays or really bad RNG, is a win.
  • Thanks a lot, that really helps! I think I need to farm spirit, to have that stun, without it it would be really lack of control abilities
  • I play NS on a very young Shard (only some 85s and Zetas in there). I constantly rank between 5 and 20, even without my first Zeta... Which will definately be Talzin Lead. I played most of the time TalzinL, Ventress, Daka, Talia, Ako, but switched Ako out for low gear Zombie. Talia is imo far underrated, since she will mostly be focused after Zombie (who then revived without taunt), killed, revived (by Daka or Talzin Group Hug) and is afterwards ready to dispel all the debuffs, breaks their TM chain and you can easily kill them off.
    Anyways, if you look at the Meta Report, there are not many Spirits listed. So if you want to focus on competitive Arena, Spirit might not be what you need.
  • PS: Meta Report obviously favors Ako for 5th Spot...despite my pro-Talia-Speech :D
  • Acolyte is only good if other teams dont have aoe dispeller. NS is very good in attacking - together with Spirit its very deadly. Talia is far better in most cases than acolyte. As soon more Sions/Baze etc grow up you get no chance for the hiding timeout game and they will just run over the ns team with acolyte in less than 60 seconds.
  • Sion is the main reason I prefer Talia. You can't stun him for like 6 rounds, but you can easily dispel his Debuff and ignore him, while you kill EP and stunlock Thrawn. After EP Death and 2-3 Zombie Deaths (and maybe Talia) Ventress is gone full enrage and can deal with the rest of the enemy team. Yes, it's a 70/30 Coin Flip for Daka Stun on Thrawn and obviously all of your NS need to go before opposing Team.
  • The biggest problem you will run into running nightsisters is Traya anywhere in the nightmare team. She essentially makes stun nearly useless with her passive abilities. MT is very important for plague, but you will have a very difficult time controlling the match. With her in mind I would tend to favor Talia or acolyte over spirit. The top end guys aren’t running Vader anymore.
  • Abflexer wrote: »
    Anyways, if you look at the Meta Report, there are not many Spirits listed. So if you want to focus on competitive Arena, Spirit might not be what you need.

This is imho a wrong conclusion from the data.

Remember that until recently, Spirit was behind a paywall, while Acolyte is an easy farm and easy gear. Of course, lots of people will play their maxed Acolyte while gearing up the Spirit. Also, given that NS is not a popular pvp team noways, they don't want to invest in the Spirit. We also have the synergy with the Sith Raid, where Spirit has no place (neither does Acolyte, but it's still a case against investing in Spirit).

Don't get me wrong here, Acolyte isn't bad. You can claim #1 on most shards with a maxed Acolyte as 5th. However, you have to rely more on RNG to win against the current meta without a reliable early stun. Spirit is simply a better option in most cases. If she is killed, she also has a good use (TM reduction) in her grave-assists which Acolyte does not.
  • I think they're all not that bad, as long as you don't put Initiate in Leader Spot or try grabbing Top 10 Ranks without speed secondaries.
    On a shard, where Traya starts to emerge in Arena, we can propably say goodbye to our Sisters anyway or at least have a secondary Anti-Traya Team in spare.
  • Abflexer wrote: »
    Talia is imo far underrated, since she will mostly be focused after Zombie (who then revived without taunt), killed, revived (by Daka or Talzin Group Hug) and is afterwards ready to dispel all the debuffs, breaks their TM chain and you can easily kill them off.

That argument sounds a bit weak as I believe it would be a misplay to kill Talia before anyone (though the AI works in mysterious ways). She's no threat. The current meta is mostly Palp teams, they love the TM if she dispels. And she is again slow. She will quite likely be either stunned, ability blocked or have everything on cooldown when it's finally her turn.
  • Smygelfh wrote: »
    though the AI works in mysterious ways
    Yep. It's definately not clever, but it happens. If Zombie Taunt is up, Thrawn fracture-kills Zombie. If not, he fractures Talia, she's near death and gets finished some seconds later. Rez, cleanse, wipe out enemy team.
  • Doesnt Plague stop Traya cleansing stuns and other debuffs?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    The key to getting near top with NS is Talzin zeta..... Nothing more frustrating than killing Daka only to come back and revive herself and get healed by asajj......
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    swgoh.gg/u/adapting/

This is the best NS team right now /thread
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

Top 10 daily on a launch shard. Don't fall below 20-25 overnite. They face down Traya leads, EP leads...beat JTR on auto. It's a beast and I highly suggest it if u wanna run NS and b successful.

All the tmr plus the self-damaging skills Talia has just give her god speed under an Asajj lead and that cleanse...so handy. The tm gains and tmr r insane. Topping off the team w/ her basic so they gain 50% tm when they fall below full again just speeds them along even more and enssures u beat the mirror match (MT lead NS) on auto. Talia is the secret sauce for NS but she is meh under a MT lead...

MT lead is garbage btw. U r banking on your team dying. I may lose a NS other than zombie in 10% of my fights and when I do, Daka has her right back up or MT special gets a kill and brings back Daka if she's the 1 I lost but I have her so prot/health heavy, that w/ her zeta and Zombie deaths...she's a pseudo tank.

Bank on your team dying...or keep their team from going...easy choice. O.o the +30% offense under Asajj is handy as well. Watching Talia's special pull off a 30k crit makes me smile.
    Post edited by Poxx on
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Abflexer wrote: »
    Talia is imo far underrated, since she will mostly be focused after Zombie (who then revived without taunt), killed, revived (by Daka or Talzin Group Hug) and is afterwards ready to dispel all the debuffs, breaks their TM chain and you can easily kill them off.

That argument sounds a bit weak as I believe it would be a misplay to kill Talia before anyone (though the AI works in mysterious ways). She's no threat. The current meta is mostly Palp teams, they love the TM if she dispels. And she is again slow. She will quite likely be either stunned, ability blocked or have everything on cooldown when it's finally her turn.

The current meta is Palp teams? Um... :dizzy:

My arena has maybe 1-2 Palp teams left in the top 20. The rest is Rex/Enfys/Wampa, Rex/Talzin, Traya, and JTR.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    @Smygelfh What star level does spirit need to be viable in TW? I had no idea she was that fast.
  • Dryff wrote: »

The current meta is Palp teams? Um... :dizzy:

My arena has maybe 1-2 Palp teams left in the top 20. The rest is Rex/Enfys/Wampa, Rex/Talzin, Traya, and JTR.

Yes, the meta might be changing. On your shard before others possibly. Not on mine, yet. Not on swgoh meta report either where Palp is still dominant. There are Trayas around, but that's usually in Palp-led teams still, though without Vader, which makes the initial stun slightly less important, but doesn't really make Talia more useful.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    @Smygelfh What star level does spirit need to be viable in TW? I had no idea she was that fast.

Depends on what you're facing... I started having better success with her over Acolyte around 5*/G11 I think. As with many arena chars, enough speed to get off that stun is of course most important.
  • Poxx wrote: »

MT lead is garbage btw. U r banking on your team dying. I may lose a NS other than zombie in 10% of my fights and when I do, Daka has her right back up or MT special gets a kill and brings back Daka if she's the 1 I lost but I have her so prot/health heavy, that w/ her zeta and Zombie deaths...she's a pseudo tank.

Bank on your team dying...or keep their team from going...easy choice. O.o the +30% offense under Asajj is handy as well. Watching Talia's special pull off a 30k crit makes me smile.

I'm not "banking" on anyone dying, but it's not a bad thing if they do :)

And indeed, Asajj lead is also very strong, stronger against some teams. I'm having less success with that overall though. And yes, Talia is better in a Asajj team compared to a Talzin team, especially if the opponent plays it wrong (which again, the AI usually does). I'm not saying she's trash. I still consider Spirit better though as I find Talzin the better lead overall for arena.

But again, if you're still building and looking at raids as well and not only arena, it's probably a good idea to focus on Asajj lead instead, as Talzin's lead is quite useless in raids. And Talia is pretty much required for the Sith Raid.
  • Smygelfh wrote: »
    Poxx wrote: »

I'm not "banking" on anyone dying, but it's not a bad thing if they do :)

And indeed, Asajj lead is also very strong, stronger against some teams. I'm having less success with that overall though. And yes, Talia is better in a Asajj team compared to a Talzin team, especially if the opponent plays it wrong (which again, the AI usually does). I'm not saying she's trash. I still consider Spirit better though as I find Talzin the better lead overall for arena.

But again, if you're still building and looking at raids as well and not only arena, it's probably a good idea to focus on Asajj lead instead, as Talzin's lead is quite useless in raids. And Talia is pretty much required for the Sith Raid.

Poxx forgets he has God mods which again are better suited to an AV lead than Talzin , there is no better lead and you should have both zetad.

If you have superior mods go AV, inferior talzin.

If you go against First Order go AV, JTR nest go talzin, nightmare doesn't matter , Talia cleanses pain spirit stuns Vader at the start, take your pick they both work

Vs rex who cares they lose to any NS lead

• I am not familiar with NS as I am just starting to build mine for STR.
    I have learned a lot from this thread.
  • Yeah, very interesting discussion appeared) and what i’ve learned here - I need to farm them all:)
  • I have learned a lot from this thread.

Me too. Thanks a lot to @MetlaZhizni for starting it and everyone else contributing to it.

I tend to only look at the Meta when they're no longer Meta (I'm weird), and so a look at NS right now is really fascinating. Great to read a real in-depth, intelligent discussion with no whinging and arguing.