Solo villain release?

I didn't watch Solo (the first time I didn't watch a SW movie) but I'm not here to get into that... I just want to know, is this going to be like Phoenix where we need the new team to unlock a bad to the bone Thrawn class character? I watched the trailers, I don't even know if Nest is against Han or not because they're both LS. Just wondering if we'll see some beastly villain released that needs the Han crew. Also, how about that Nest? She is a huge pain, I love her. Instantly made CLS teams viable in arena again, even though I can't use her ;-; nice to see more non zEP teams (my arena seems less diverse than others, JTRs don't do so well)

Replies

• crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    I don't think anyone is actually able to answer this question.
  • There are villians to be released... however we will not expect them to be released until 1 day before the next DS TB.

Cheers
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There are many possible events that could transpire over the next few months, but what will happen is just speculation based on what we have seen.
  • Basically nothing DS gets will be free. Thrawn was the last one as far as character releases go that I can remember. How long ago was that? Required heavy investment (as in 5 x 7* toons) in PS to get him too. Would be nice for them not to basically bribe players to spend for characters because they weren’t good enough for them to want in the first place. PS later became pretty awesome but what they are now is what they should have been when they were released. Releasing them in mass also makes that an issue. I’ve seen Gold new solo teams that basically cost the same amount to make as someone would pay for a mortgage or rent. They have several avenues by which they could tempt players to spend more but a lot of characters I absolutely hate with every fiber of my being, then being necessary for one I actually wanted gets old cause that’s $ gated.

Anyway... i suspect s DS character released requiring the new solo toons most people didn’t bother with because they all wanted enfys nest. That’s what release history would suggest.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Solo doesn't really have a big bad. It's a heist movie, with an untrustworthy employer and few definitively evil proper nouns.

There really isn't a major event-worthy villain in there.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Solo doesn't really have a big bad. It's a heist movie, with an untrustworthy employer and few definitively evil proper nouns.

There really isn't a major event-worthy villain in there.

Pretty true. But I would say Dryden Vos and
    Maul
    are pretty BA villains. I think eventually they will release a
    Maul
    , or at least i'm hopeful they do.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Oh, Vos is a no brainer to include as the dark side unit for this movie. I would just only tenuously describe him as a villain.

Still, I suspect the next two toons we'll see are Vos and Beckett (who might be dark side, who knows?). After that, you're kinda reaching. Maybe spoiler and Therm Scissorpunch, but after that, you're out of proper nouns to make into dark side toons, and if you wanna balance things out, generics are the only option from the movie.
    Still not a he.
  • Thanks! I believe I heard somewhere that they're done or almost done adding new Solo characters in conjunction with the movie (not that they will never add more, but like how Rogue One came out to support the movie)