Mk6 Mods Arrival

Prev1
maraJade789
289 posts Member
edited June 2018
Been hearing alot of rumors on this topic.

Games, especially the best ones like SWGOH, need constant improvement. We are pretty certain ship dogfights were not one. Hearing of a potential nerf to HSR Rewards is definitely not one. Releasing Hi-Grade PtP characters like Enfy’s Nest is just the nature of business and alot of the player base is restless or ready for a change of positive aspect.
So, bringing Mk6 Mods to the community is along awaited and perhaps over-due improvement that the community is looking forward to.

There’s a Question in here, just be patient.
With the increasing challenges of the game and obvious paywalls to the player base as a whole even veteran players like myself who have continued to invest thousands in the game since inception. What are the new features that will really excite the player base and SWGOH community as a whole?

I, for one would be happy with the return of 8 battles on hard nodes AND, most definitively the hallmark of g13 as well as *Mk6 Mods*

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    So, bringing Mk6 Mods to the community is along awaited and perhaps over-due improvement that the community is looking forward to.

it is?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • The game needs constant evolution or it dies a slow inglorious death. That’s why we have needed increasing gear levels. Better mods are really like almost another level of gear. There’s only so high the player base can go with mk5 mods and g12.
    Mind if I check your mods?
  • I have played for 2 years and I don't have any good mods yet. Sure bringing more mods to farm would make a huuuuge difference...
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    wh00t i didn't know i missed those mk6 mods, good thing you told me what i lack.
    many thanks, i can't wait to start the modfarming process again though i'm still not finished with the mk5 mods :D
  • Carlmac
    54 posts Member
    Has this been announced or just another click bait title?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    The game needs constant evolution or it dies a slow inglorious death. That’s why we have needed increasing gear levels. Better mods are really like almost another level of gear. There’s only so high the player base can go with mk5 mods and g12.
    Mind if I check your mods?

what the game needs and what the community is looking forward to are often entirely different things.
    be my guest: https://swgoh.gg/u/leef/mods/
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    No, just no.

Majority of the user base still aren’t happy with their 5*’s. Why on earth would you want the 6* mods to be introduced and start the credit and energy famine into even deeper depths??

Lunacy.
  • Haha as a member of the community it I say no
  • Lonit
    35 posts Member
    no. no. NO! marajade789 what planet are you from mate?
  • Spend your energy and credits more wisely then.
    There’s always bound to be a few disgruntled guys like yourself struggling to keep up.
    Leef very decent speed secondaries. Have aboit same. 130 or so mods with over 10 speed.
    But we’re more than tip of the iceberg type that the game wants to keep happy.
  • JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    Releasing a new mod tier (essentially rendering the current tier obsolete) is in my opinion one of the very few things that could actually « kill the game », as people like to say about everything they don’t like.
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Omg. Game just stays where it’s at then? Slow grind into obscurity. How bored some players will get with that.

There’s always been progression in the game. Prepare for it we do. Maybe not enough.
    Post edited by maraJade789 on
  • All you guys except for Leef and I have lacklustre mods?
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    And I suppose most of you would also tell me that parity isn’t dumpster diving either. We can all share the same rewards on a planet happy to be equally boring and homogeneous.

Or would you like to hear the story of 2 mice instead?
  • I would prefer a level cap increase first before the 6/7dot mods arrive.
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    Or would you like to hear the story of 2 mice instead?

no, but you could tell the story of the waynetrain departing for mount whateverest
  • Most of the people I have talked to, and many posts that I've seen on here, seem to feel that the arrival of new mods would not be welcomed.

I don't entirely disagree with you, though, as it would shake things up. If you believe that people without decent mods are the only ones who are against it, I'd imagine it would be the opposite. People who are happy with the mods they have are the ones who would then have to start the farming process all over for the improved ones. People without decent mods already stand to lose nothing and gain everything by having a new set of improved mods released for farming.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Spend your energy and credits more wisely then.
    There’s always bound to be a few disgruntled guys like yourself struggling to keep up.
    Leef very decent speed secondaries. Have aboit same. 130 or so mods with over 10 speed.

i don't know if this entire comment was aimed at me, but i wouldn't mind mk6 mods. I'm only pointing out that mk6 mods aren't something the playerbase unanimously is looking forward to. The "disgruntled few" are usually overrepresented on the forum, but its not difficult to imagine why people dont want to farm mods all over again.
  • Doesn’t change the fact that mk6 mods will make every part of the game more fun.

Guys new to the game, maybe they don’t have many good characters or mods yet. Mods would probably help them alot and separate big gaps in player levels. At least fo an arena squad per say.

But the cream always rises to the top and so did the little mouse who churned it to butter and climbed out.

Keep your Mt Whatevermore.
  • Change, new stuff are ofc welcome to the game, but are you serious ? Mk6 mods would be new?
    Ok, +50 speed arrows, +35 speed sec ? come on, that's open door for even more galaxy of speed...
    Where is the novelty to the promised grind ?

But I follow you on new content, level cap for instance, new missions, new game play but stronger mods ?
    Never knew that was something everyone waited...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It all very much depends on the way we could get those Mk 6 mods. If it is the same as Mk 1-5, it would mean just more of the same mod grind, which is a huge pain in the butt already. That's not my idea of more fun. If they are only obtainable through some raid or something like that, it would only increase the gap between whales and the rest. If they figure out a slow but steady way of distribution to a larger amount of players, it will all be dictated by who gets lucky with speed secs. Oops, just came up with a few bad ways and no good one. Guess it isn't such a good idea overall...
  • Okay spoke from the hip there (a bit) guys. No, I don’t represent the entire player base. That would be impossible.

Would be awesome to have 50k critical hits from a few more characters. That brings me huge joy already when my roster just zings and pops. And I want more of that. Would also love to just pants Nihilus in Sith Raid. Hate facing him where he drains force g12s to death.
  • From raids sounds great!!!
  • leef wrote: »

i don't know if this entire comment was aimed at me, but i wouldn't mind mk6 mods. I'm only pointing out that mk6 mods aren't something the playerbase unanimously is looking forward to. The "disgruntled few" are usually overrepresented on the forum, but its not difficult to imagine why people dont want to farm mods all over again.

There would be some outcry against new mods, to be sure, but more powerful mods would make every aspect of the game easier, including raids, so perhaps the positives would outweigh the negatives in this instance?
  • Yes!!!!!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

There would be some outcry against new mods, to be sure, but more powerful mods would make every aspect of the game easier, including raids, so perhaps the positives would outweigh the negatives in this instance?

"some outcry" may turn out the be quite the understatement ;)
    Eventually it's going to happen, so it's just a matter of time. Personally i feel like it's a bad time currently just after fleet 2.0 to effectively nerf all the previously farmed mods. Keep in mind that before you can benefit from the possitives you'd still have to farm those darn mods, wich in all likelyhood isn't going to be easy at first, fueling the outrage even more.
    It all also depends on how the mods are implemented, wich can go either way with ea/cg haha.
  • Personally I feel that now wouldn't be a good time. Also, simply introducing 'mk 6' without reworking mods probably wouldn't go down so well.

The devs have already stated that mods have ended up being used differently from how they planned. The imbalance between stats is far too marked - speed is all anyone cares about (OP, you judged leef's mods purely on the basis of speed secondaries). There's scope for a lot more personalisation if stats can be rebalanced so that more are equally important, then we might actually see the same characters built differently being used in arena and finally moss playing an interesting rather than simply frustrating role in PvP.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • I really don’t understand why people would think « it’s going to come eventually ». Mods exist in a lot of games (with different names of course) and I haven’t seen a single instance of a tier sudenly being added like this.
    Mods are an infinite farm. You will never get the perfect mod set with perfect, max rolls everywhere. People have been spending a lot of ressources for month and years slowly improving their mods collection. It’s the most important end game content. Erasing all of this for absolutely no reason makes no sense whatsoever and will of course cause a massive outrage. Look at all the people whining everytime the meta change and they have to farm a few characters (or ship currently)

That’s like 0.0001% of what a new mod tier would do.

And for what ? Wow look at all this new, refreshing and so interesting content : 1 more dot.

Not even talking about balance.
  • maraJade789
    289 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Just want my roster to do more. Always have.
    @Leef. Think I have a few as well worth keeping.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/marazarousjade/mods/?stat2_5=1
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    JohnAran wrote: »
    I really don’t understand why people would think « it’s going to come eventually ». Mods exist in a lot of games (with different names of course) and I haven’t seen a single instance of a tier sudenly being added like this.

The devs said they will release mk6 mods in the (near) future. That is why i said its going to happen eventually.
    Leef. Think I have a few as well worth keeping.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/marazarousjade/mods/?stat2_5=1

How good those mods will be after the mk6 release all depends on how much better mk6 mods will be in comparisson.