TW Clarification Request: "Forfeit a Battle"

Weltall
98 posts Member
Greetings,

Apoligies for not making a Matchmaking complaint like all other threads.

Question:
What happens exactly when i attack someone's squad in TW and during the battle choose to go to the options and "forfeit" (retreat) the battle?

a) Killed Enemies:
After having used "forfeit", are enemy team's killed squaddies still dead after the battle?

b) Turn Meters:
After having used "forfeit", are enemy team's Turn Meters reverted to their original value (as it was when the encounter started), or are the enemy team's Turn Meters fed ?

c) Ability Cooldowns:
After having used "forfeit", are enemy team's Ability Cooldowns reverted to their original values or do they stay "modified" (e.g. Nihilus' Annihilate impending on next turn / Fracrure used up etc.)

d) Timing out VS. Forfeit:
Does letting the battle time out have the same results (above questions) as using the "forfeit" option?

A lot of our Guild Members are interested in a rock-solid answer to these issues.

Thanks in advance !

Replies

• CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    • a) If you forfeit, everything you killed gets reset back to like it was at the start of that battle. IE No progress at all.
    • b) Same for Turn Meter. If you forfeit, your enemy's TM will be reset back to what it was when you entered the battle. Not to zero but to whatever they had when you entered the battle.
    • c) Same for Cooldowns. If you forfeit, your enemy's cooldowns will be go back to what it was when you entered the battle.
    • d) Forfeiting battle resets everything to where it was when you attacked, IE the next person will get the same starting scenario as you tried. Timing out is different though, it will keep Health, TM, Cooldown, etc. Timing out will "save" the state of the battle and anyone who attacks again will resume the battle
    To be clear, forfeiting resets the enemy team back to what they were when you initiated this battle.
    Forfeiting DOES NOT reset the enemy team back to full health, TM back to zero, cooldowns to zero (or whatever their starting cooldown is). The next player to attack will start with the same enemy starting conditions you began with.
    • Your team is lost if you ever forfeit and the number of attacks in increased by 1
    • If you killed 2 characters and then the battle timed out: Those two characters remain dead in the next attack
    • If you killed 2 characters and then forfeited: Those two characters come back as they were when you started the battle in the next attack

I hope that clarifies it!
    Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on
  • Clear answers, exactly what we were looking for. Thanks a lot, Master Crumb !
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    To be clear, forfeiting resets both team's back to what they were when you initiated this battle
    Isn't the attacking team considered "used" if the player forfeits?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Globuhl wrote: »
    To be clear, forfeiting resets both team's back to what they were when you initiated this battle

Yes it is. I believe this was a mis-speak by @CG_SBCrumb. As soon as your team starts a battle they're used up, no matter what happens afterwards (including a forfeit, timeout, win, loss, whatever).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Globuhl wrote: »

Yes it is. I believe this was a mis-speak by @CG_SBCrumb. As soon as your team starts a battle they're used up, no matter what happens afterwards (including a forfeit, timeout, win, loss, whatever).

I messaged him to clarify, because as of right now this ^^ is what actually happens
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Updated the OP. I was try to only referencing the defending team but I wrote it incorrectly. Forfeit does just that for your team, you lose your team and attacks are increased by 1
  • Why is Forfeit even an option in Terriroty War and Grand Arena? This should be removed since it serves no good purpose and only allows the player to throw away a team.
  • It prevents TM loading the opposing team for whoever faces it next.
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Posted on the wrong thread. nothing to see here.
  • Arctrooper wrote: »
    Why is Forfeit even an option in Terriroty War and Grand Arena? This should be removed since it serves no good purpose and only allows the player to throw away a team.

Oooh. You can win significantly more TW's if you change your mindset on forfeits not having any good use.

Lets say youre going after that revan team. Your team should beat it. You see half way through the match its not. Jolee has just revived the only toon (probably GK) that you dropped.

Under your assumption. Play it out, no reason not too... Now the TM for your opponent is pre loaded... They will get the first attack regardless of your domination of a team... You have just made that revan team multiple times tougher and likely wont be beat without lucky RNG.

Now same scenario... You forfeit. All the TM and cooldowns are no longer ready to go out the gate. They have to rebuild.

My guild will boot you to the curb if you habitually crank teams.