TW matchups out of Hand

Needless to say, the new system isn't working. My guild of 60m GP has had some crazy tough matchups in the past. However the system hit a new low when it paired us with a 90m GP guild. Now I know what you're saying. The que'd GP was similar enough that it was a good matchup. We entered all 50 players. They entered 38. Somehow the system decided that we had similar enough squads and close enough que'd GP to match us up, however they had a number of JTR teams more than us, A complete and utter advantage in zeta's on characters. Not that G12 makes or breaks a guild but at least 2x the number of G12 toons placed on defense and likely used on offense based on the squads they were crushing in one shot. We've gotten bad matchups in the past, but for the first half of the war it looked like we had a shot. Not this time. Three hours in and they had already cleared two of our strongest zones while we were scrapping to take out one zone.

I'll end my complaints there. Our guild is one of the few that really has great attendance in these events. We work hard at formulating a solid defensive strategy. We coordinate our attacks on offense to not waste squads. When a complete and utter matchup mismatch like this rolls in, it demoralizes the entire guild and all we have to remedy it is another TW that we hope we don't get delivered an L by the matchmaking system. I get that you can't win them all and as much as a tough loss sucks, at least you had a shot and can do something better. I'm not sure what we could have done here. With the average player GP of 1m to 1.8m their average player was almost double ours. Maybe add in a check to the matchmaking that runs a guild average GP against the others and anything outside an acceptable range is denied matchmaking. Maybe match up guild zetas (a strong contributor of success). Do something though because this game mode should honestly be trashed and replaced with four TB's or three TB's a month if you can't give semi fair matchups. I'm not asking for a handed to us win. I'm asking for a shot at victory if we play the match right.

Replies

• Just been informed their lowest guild member was 1.38m gp. Our average player is 1m gp. Something isn't right if it is putting those kind of guilds against each other.
  • Sounds like you're at an advantage, no? More people to place teams on defense and still have offense leftover.
  • An average player of 1m gp probably can field 3-4 solid squads whether for defense or offense. Some of the 2m+ gp players in our guild can field up to 20 squads and anywhere from 5-10 of them are competitive in some way. If you que up less players of higher GP you will overall have more solid squads to work with than if as a guild you work to que up everyone and have full participation in the event (something CG wants) albeit at the cost of queing up multiple lower gp members who maybe can only field a squad or two. I'm sorry but a 233-150 zeta mismatch is ridiculous. We have multiple members at fresh lvl 85 with 1-2 zetas. This guilds lowest zeta player has 5. Its a mismatch anyway you really look at it.
  • I just feel like the matchmaking system should be spitting out matchups where you have a fighting chance of competing if you play your cards (or in this case your squads) right. But these matchups where you have no chance no matter what you do just make you want to quit trying. Lets just post full defense, not give a rats **** about offense and collect the losing rewards every time if CG wants to make these lopsided matchups.
  • LighTofHeaven
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    ayybcall wrote: »
    Sounds like you're at an advantage, no? More people to place teams on defense and still have offense leftover.

u totally overlooked the quality of squads!
    a 1M GP player would have just a few g11 g12, and means hes been playing the game for not so long hence his mods are expected to be worse than a 1.8M GP players

even if u have more teams, those extra teams cant make a dent in some of the teams the other higher GP players can put on defense.

I am closing on 3M GP, if u bring three players with 1M GP each, they wont beat the teams i can put on defense no matter how hard they try....
    heck u can even maybe have as many 1M GP players as u want, some teams require specific "advanced" squads that 1M players wont normally have developed at all (ie: NS, JTR, cls, zEP, R1 with zJyn etc etc)
    Post edited by LighTofHeaven on