Idea for Arena that could change everything!

The recent fleet rework that changed the number of ships you begin the battle with, gave me an interesting idea which I think it's worth exploring. I had the idea of increasing the number of arena squad from 5 to 6! Since many characters have been introduced to the game, it becomes incredibly difficult some times to exclude certain characters from a team.

Adding an additional character would add an element of strategy to the game since it would allow for alot more possibilities. Some squads and characters would certainly gain an advantage for example Mother Talzin would have an additional nightsister to assist her with her special. Same thing for General Kenobi who also calls a multi assist. Some characters would gain some slight stat bonuses, examples being wiggs and Vader.

This would be a massive step of course, which is why I would recommend beta testing before it is implemented in the game. I wouldn't want this to end up as nothing more than people just adding an additional tank in every team and part of the new meta. I am certainly confident that if this were to happen we would see some incredible changes possibly for the better.

Currently we have plenty of useful and yet unused characters. Take NS spirit as an example, although she is really good, you never get to see her as part of a NS team simply because the Big 5 are all essential. You can't have a squad that's missing Talzin or Daka, Zombie is the only tank and Ventress does most of the damage. Then you pick between Acolyte for damage or Talia for survivability and that's all the slots. No room for the spirit really. FO is another example where with the recent additions of KRU, SF pilot and Panda, it becomes so difficult to choose who to use. Kind of hard to skip either Kylos, then you'll probably need panda for the damage and Officer for the TM manipulation. This leaves you with very limited options. Anyways, I'm 99% sure this won't even get the attention of the developers but I seriously don't think that it would be a bad concept for some beta testing. If enough of us ask for it we might end up getting it.

Before I close this, let me say that this is an arena idea, I understand that the same change in raids or events would have a massive impact in the game, possibly a negative one. The damage in raids would get out of balance, the thought of having to farm 6 characters for a Legendary event or a Hero Journey, instead of 5, is scary. So before you decide to throw dirt on me, just know that I'm ONLY proposing this for arena and not for any other area of the game.

Replies

• Nema
    136 posts Member
    Options
    No
  • Options
    Nema wrote: »
    No

Not even worth testing in beta?
  • Options
    It we create super metas, think of the synergies you could cook up with one extra toon. It would get ugly quick. Hard no.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    We already know the game can handle 6 per side, but I don't see it happening.

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    6 toons in arena would just lead to more super teams like titans where you can toss as many OP toons into one team. Except now you can toss the Triumvirate in with Thrawn, Wampa and Nest and everyone's gonna wish they could fracture 6 people at once instead of 5 people at once.
  • Bauer
    54 posts Member
    Options
    You reccomend beta testing?? As if ea is just gonna randomly implement this idea and totally destroy the game...well I guess anything is possible
  • Options
    I think the Arena does need a re-think. How about changing the Arena so that each day only certain factions can be used. eg Monday only Sith or Ewoks, Tuesday only Rebels or separatists etc. That way those with stronger squads would benefit rather than just those who constantly chase the latest META. Alternatively their could be 2 Arenas one for the ultimate team (as per current Arena) and one as my suggestion.
  • Options
    So the official policy on non-solicited ideas is round file so they don’t owe you royalties.
  • Kreesto79
    2 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    As someone who regularly gets stomped in arena I'm all for the idea of changing things here! But I wonder if I may modify your idea slightly. Yes, have a sixth person BUT have them as a reinforcement ala 'Ships 2.0', perhaps with their abilities modified in some way when they enter battle. For the love of all that is good in the world don't mess with the starting numbers, either up or down. That's proven to be an utter nightmare.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    why?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    tomostef wrote: »
    I wish they made "suggestion" tab, so i can avoid all nonsense from random ppl...

Moved to Feedback >> Arena
  • Calastar
    304 posts Member
    Options
    I think the Arena does need a re-think. How about changing the Arena so that each day only certain factions can be used. eg Monday only Sith or Ewoks, Tuesday only Rebels or separatists etc. That way those with stronger squads would benefit rather than just those who constantly chase the latest META. Alternatively their could be 2 Arenas one for the ultimate team (as per current Arena) and one as my suggestion.

This would be cool, but it would mean a lot of players would drop out of higher ranks like stones.

Some people wouldn't even have teams available. Would that mean they didn't get rewards?
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Options
    I dont see a problem....remember...the team your fighting...yeah they will have 6 characters too. I fail too see the super broken....omg op scare. All it does is add more variety.

Plus arena could use something....anything to spice it up. They literally havent touched it since day 1
  • Options
    Maztoras wrote: »
    I dont see a problem....remember...the team your fighting...yeah they will have 6 characters too. I fail too see the super broken....omg op scare. All it does is add more variety.

Plus arena could use something....anything to spice it up. They literally havent touched it since day 1

To spice up arena..? Have we not gotten new characters regularly and seen several meta shifts since the games conception?
  • Options
    I like the idea of weekly restrictions on which characters can be used. Other games do it. As it is now, it’s just terrible. Meta teams shouldn’t be able to just sit in arena forever. It’s toxic overall. No diversity exists once some big head comes up with a super op team then all the sheep copy and paste. It’s getting old fast and will kill this game soon.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options
    The recent fleet rework that changed the number of ships you begin the battle with, gave me an interesting idea which I think it's worth exploring. I had the idea of increasing the number of arena squad from 5 to 6!

What about going in the other direction: 3 on 3, with a bench of 4 such that you still can never have more than 5 out at a time. Then you could have the flexibility to focus on damage or survivability.
  • Options
    I think it should be 1v1. You start with one character and then you have 6 more in reserve. Every time one goes down, you choose the next. Or you could switch mid fight! The ones in waiting can just chill out in their respective poke balls until it’s their turn to battle.