Gear Update Coming?

Arcaver
317 posts Member
I thought I read a post on here about how something was supposed to be done about the gear. Like how we have thousands of pieces of gear that no one requires but yet every character requires hundreds on one specific gear. The update was supposed to make it so we can upgrade our characters without all of them needing hundreds of pieces the same piece of gear. First it was stun cuffs and now it's Carbanti. Is that update coming or did I dream it?
#ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround

Replies

• Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    Sounds like a dream, a sweet sweet dream.
  • Arcaver wrote: »
    The update was supposed to make it so we can upgrade our characters without all of them needing hundreds of pieces the same piece of gear. First it was stun cuffs and now it's Carbanti. Is that update coming or did I dream it?

you were dreaming
  • Well they sure addressed it. And said it wouldn't be happening, so no, you are mistaken.
  • TVF
    36592 posts Member
    They addressed it by stating that they're adding two G12 pieces and they will be obtainable (at least initially) via HSTR. Good luck!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • terascque
    43 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The way they do gear makes no sense. How can I have 500 pieces of mk5 gear, apologies I dont remember which piece, but no mk4 variant?

A logical answer would be because I used, hundreds of pieces gearing up tons of toons, except whatever this gear is I only have 2 or 3 toons that use it, and ive never invested any time into them to gear or level becauae I have no use for those toons.

That doesnt make any sense.

On a separate note, Id love it if we could craft. It sucks hard teying to find certain gear. Mk5 carbantis, stun guns, and somerhing else that escapea me at the moment. The only place you get those pieces is through STR, and rancor, so not only is it almost impossible to get the gear anywhere, its almost impossible to get the gear at all.

I mean, its like what, I get two or different three different pieces of gear out of a pool of 24 different kinds of gear. I dont recall the exact numbers, but thats pretty ridiculous odds to find what your looking for.

How about allowing us to craft at some crazy rate if you arent going to allow us to farm. I mean for petes sake I cant even buy that gear with crystals. If I cant farm it, and I cant buy it, how about crafting it?

How about something stupid like one piece of gear, one level higher, for 50 pieces of gear?

So one mk5 stun gun for 50 mk4 stun guns?

I dont care if its one per 25 or one per 100, the number is irrelevant, i just wanted to illustrate and create a talking point.

Thoughts?

Edit: typos
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    the only direct comment we got towards this being asked was i believe in the QA where they said they have been and are working more towards making needed gear more accessible in more locations.
  • They said they were going to loon at raid rewards and challenge gear received In the rewards starting with heroic sith raid but it seems nothing is coming of their empty promise. They looked at heroic with raid and nothing since
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They said they were going to loon at raid rewards and challenge gear received In the rewards starting with heroic sith raid but it seems nothing is coming of their empty promise. They looked at heroic with raid and nothing since

they may have not said anything yet, but tye did give us an update that they are still working on it.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/170331/update-on-sith-raid-rewards-and-balance#latest
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    My guild can't even finish tier 5, let alone heroic STR. That's outrageous if they're going to just add the one piece of gear to a raid that hardly anyone can do and that each character needs HUNDREDS of while I have thousands of pieces of gear that nobody requires. It's not like they only need it once. Some need 150 pieces in just one gear level. Since their that introduced STR, good pieces that were need, like mk3 holo projector, were in the regular ships that you could get like 4-5 for a few thousand credits. Rarely are they there any more, but that is it of the gear actually needed. The rest is the same gear we already have over thousands of.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They said they were going to loon at raid rewards and challenge gear received In the rewards starting with heroic sith raid but it seems nothing is coming of their empty promise. They looked at heroic with raid and nothing since

they may have not said anything yet, but tye did give us an update that they are still working on it.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/170331/update-on-sith-raid-rewards-and-balance#latest

Lol well it's been a few weeks since this "update on rewards" :tongue: