One Zeta to rework Jedi

Hey, everyone!
It’s not a serious suggestion, just a “what if”.
So, what would it be, if Hermit Yoda’s second got zeta on, saying this (in addition to other bonuses):

“Master’s Training Target also become Jedi in additional to all previous tags”

One sentence, that could have a huge impact. Also, have some sense lorewise:)

Replies

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    That would have a lot of strange and odd interactions that would have long-term consequences, without actually making prior Jedi units more viable.

It does more to make Hermit Yoda more effective on non-Jedi teams.
    Still not a he.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    That would have a lot of strange and odd interactions that would have long-term consequences, without actually making prior Jedi units more viable.

It does more to make Hermit Yoda more effective on non-Jedi teams.

This.

It's an interesting idea but does nothing to make jedi viable, just HY and mixed teams.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Main thing I can see it being used for is bringing in supports and attackers who can do AoE heals more often to trigger Kenobi lead or actually hit worth a ****.
    Still not a he.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone!
    So, what would it be, if Hermit Yoda’s second got zeta on, saying this (in addition to other bonuses):

Sooooo instead of reworking Jedi, just make other (actually good characters) count as Jedi when they have the master's training buff. That way we can pretend that Thrawn and Wampa and Traya are actually jedi and wow, would ya look at that, Jedi are amazing!

This is by no means a rework for jedi lol.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yeah. No.

Did Hermit Yoda just get bored and start teaching the Jedi ways to any creature that ended up on Dagobah?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Skippy the Jedi Droid!
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Skippy the Jedi Droid!

Hey, droids are people too.

*dies laughing*
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    Nah, I feel Jedi really, really, really (really!) need a rework but this wouldn't be that way.
    Also, there are a lot of players who just don't have the resources or abilities to get/farm HY effectively so if he would be the factor that determines if Jedi are good or not, it's just a factor that is too far away for a lot of people out there anyway.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Hey, everyone!

Sooooo instead of reworking Jedi, just make other (actually good characters) count as Jedi when they have the master's training buff. That way we can pretend that Thrawn and Wampa and Traya are actually jedi and wow, would ya look at that, Jedi are amazing!

This is by no means a rework for jedi lol.
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Yeah. No.

Did Hermit Yoda just get bored and start teaching the Jedi ways to any creature that ended up on Dagobah?
    Skippy the Jedi Droid!

I love these.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • MetlaZhizni
    46 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    As I mentioned above it’s not a seriously suggestion, also because, as YaeVizsla said this would bring some mess in further character development.
    But tag manipulation can be an interesting mechanic: for example ability that erases all tags from enemy character seems strong, but not OP
  • Options
    Easy fix for Jedi. They all always count as leader. Jedi are generals for the republic and should all always have their leadership abilities active. So 5 Jedi would share 5 leadership abilities and would be relevant over night. It's different that Pheonix squad and Bounty hunters but similar. Would have to cap evasion at 50% as to not be OP. Plus some other minor tweaks.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Narunoir wrote: »
    Easy fix for Jedi. They all always count as leader. Jedi are generals for the republic and should all always have their leadership abilities active. So 5 Jedi would share 5 leadership abilities and would be relevant over night. It's different that Pheonix squad and Bounty hunters but similar. Would have to cap evasion at 50% as to not be OP. Plus some other minor tweaks.

This is the simplest and best solution I've seen short of completely reworking everything.

+1