Imperial TIE Fighter, target lock 70%, nah

I think this might be one of the main sources of discontent. TFP is one of the main ships used, and in abilities it says 70% chance of making a target lock, that's what it felt like before. Now it feels like 25 or 15%. If it's so, please change in game description.

Replies

• Rng. Confirmation bias. Your brain remembers the 4 times in a row it missed but not the 4 times in a row it hit.
  • Didn't have confirmation bias in 1.0, 70% is pretty reliable, where as now its so much less. Havent done the statistic analysis, nor will I do It. But if I kept count I'm absolutely sure it's not 70%. Most days I can't reach 1 with 10 battles, starting at around 20.
  • You're using the wrong technique then. You don't start the fight with tfp basic. You start with its special so it gets foresight and dodges the AoE from the enemy capital, giving tm to your own ship
  • YavinIVRecruiter
    100 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    But then Biggs doesn't taunt, and your Vader gets creamed 1st enemy turn. But, I'll try special see if it makes a difference. Thanks!
  • But then Biggs doesn't taunt, and your Vader gets creamed 1st enemy turn. But, I'll try special see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

Assuming your vader is mega-maxed, he should go before the enemy team and get a certain target lock. Usually my fights go like this: tie fighter special, vader basic (biggs taunts) then whatever. My capital uses an ability, the other uses an AoE and TF dodges, my capital goes right after.
  • Vader might be the problem, good point.
  • I even bought a refresh to test this, did TFP special first, worked like a charm.. As jar jar would say... Muy muy I love you! Haha thanks!