Find a Good Home for BB8

Hi all,

I'm very pleased with myself that I've now got BB8. Admittedly only at 5* but I've got all abilities maxed out (but not Zetaed), some reasonable mods on him (as best as I can currently do), and now in the process of gearing the little fella up.

Thing is, what do I do with him now? I don't run a Resistance team and don't have any great motivation to do so. I will however now start farming the JTR-required team although I don't think they have a huge amount of use anywhere else currently.

My Arena team is CLS, Rex, Old Ben, R2 and OG Han. Does he fit anywhere there or not bother?

If not - any ideas as to where/how I can use him?

Here's my roster - https://swgoh.gg/u/coastaljames/collection/

Many thanks as always you lovely people!

James.

Replies

• Miketo28
    204 posts Member
    Others will correct me, but BB8 works great on a JTR led resistance team. I use him in P2 of HAaT under a Finn lead with JTR, RT and scavenger Rey.

Likely decent on a Droid team as well.

I do believe though that BB8 and JTR are designed to have great synergy.
  • Miketo28 wrote: »
    Others will correct me, but BB8 works great on a JTR led resistance team.

I think that's a given mate :wink: I don't have JTR. And won't be getting her anytime soon.

• Bb8 works well under zFinn , freeing up r2 for use in a cls squad in Tb , TW? And you could use bb8 in str as well I imagine if your running,lower tiers, Mebbe a zVader lead for the increased potency
  • Bb8 is not amazing in your current lineup
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Bb8 is not amazing in your current lineup

That's pretty much what I figured to be honest. Can't see what I can do with him. Except JTR! In a good few 6 months from now.

I would have to say though, I've used him in a few Arena battles this morning, swopping Rex for him, and he's done really well. Very suprised. Even at the low gear level that he is.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Should be sooner than 6 months if you get farming now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    BB8 sat in my roster, unused, until JTR came along.
    He is an MVP in that team, but I don’t see much use for him outside of it.
  • Two other options spring to mind.
    1. BB8 under an Ackbar lead with CLS mean loads of turns for CLS (so lots of TM reduction and stuns). This setup is the basis of the P3/4 HAAT killer with zAsajj and Thrawn.

2. BB8 taunting with an all-droid team under HK-47. Not meta, but good fun and surprisingly useful (TW offence, Ewok event etc.)
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    Ascethic Monkish beat me to it. Those two squads/utilities are probably your best bet until you get RJT.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    He is an MVP in that team, but I don’t see much use for him outside of it.

See response directly below yours.

CostalJames I know one of my guildmates without JTR uses BB8 under a zader lead in STR to boost the damage done by Vader and Boba when exploding dots. But we only do T4/T5 so if you're doing higher tiers this doesn't work. With that said, BB8 can boost the damage of any team you put him in once he fires off ID.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    BB8 works great under an Ackbar lead in a Leia machinegun team for STR phase 2 (along with a non—rebel tank and a healer/HY) until you collect your own JTR.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    BB8 sat in my roster, unused, until JTR came along.

I can see this happening. Everyone's kind and good ideas on here don't really grab me to be honest.

I think I'll just start farming for Rey.

Stick him in a few raid and TW squads for a giggle :smiley:

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Do you have droids sitting unused from the long, long ago?

BB8 rocks socks on a droid team. I use it instead of Jawa Engineer. You get a little less TM than with the Engineer's special, and you only get it at the start of the battle (unless it's multi-stage, in which case you get it at the start of each phase, in which case it's CLEARLY better) but you get it from the very start and it doesn't cost an action to use.

A lot of folks also use BB8 with Ackbar's leadership and Commander Luke, since it has a special with 0 cooldown and will call either Luke or Ackbar to attack every time it's used.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I don't have CLS yet, but I use him in GW just for fun under AA Lead with Raid Han.
  • NicWester wrote: »

I do yes...and can see a half-decent team there. But for what return for my investment? Not sure I think it's worth it in regards progression. Great idea though, thanks.

• Bb8 isn’t too useful in the arena unless you have JTR. However, bb8 is King Kong in raids/tb, since they are longer and you have plenty of opportunities to fire off illuminated destiny. You can pretty much plug and play him into any raid team for a big boost to damage, and as a bonus he provides buff coverage against the tank (though this is a big detriment in p1 str). It’ll be tough to use him at only 5 stars though, since mostly you need 7* characters for raids, so I’d recommend farming fo to get him up to 7* as soon as you can. The event happens every 2-3 months, so even if you can’t get him there this week it’s still work gearing him up so the next time you can quickly bump him up to 7* and use him in raids. (I personally use him in my actress team, which can solo p3-4 in HAAT)
  • Bb8 isn’t too useful in the arena unless you have JTR. However, bb8 is King Kong in raids/tb, since they are longer and you have plenty of opportunities to fire off illuminated destiny. You can pretty much plug and play him into any raid team for a big boost to damage, and as a bonus he provides buff coverage against the tank (though this is a big detriment in p1 str). It’ll be tough to use him at only 5 stars though, since mostly you need 7* characters for raids, so I’d recommend farming fo to get him up to 7* as soon as you can. The event happens every 2-3 months, so even if you can’t get him there this week it’s still work gearing him up so the next time you can quickly bump him up to 7* and use him in raids. (I personally use him in my actress team, which can solo p3-4 in HAAT)

Great advice on many fronts- thank you.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    L-AA, Han, CLS, GA Thrawn, Bb8. They do awesome damage, even before zeta. Our guild has a few members with maxed squads and they solo P3/P4 of HAAT with this squad
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

I do yes...and can see a half-decent team there. But for what return for my investment? Not sure I think it's worth it in regards progression. Great idea though, thanks.

Yeah, droids still aeen’t great. But if there’s droid-only content (like Forest Moon Mythic, but you probably have Empire for that) in the future, now you know!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    He will be a great use in TW and LSTB. If you don't have Resistance, you can put him on the Ackbar lead CLS team like others have said. Han, Leia, and Thrawn would make great other choices.
  • Nice. Some fascinating and encouraging ideas here. Thanks all so much!

• We run T2 in TST to grab coins, and run more often. P2, my Rebels turn in a consistant 2.5 mil (Wedge, Biggs, Leia, STH, R2). My AA squad (Not fully zeta'd) turns in 6.8 mil. Not bad for a team in development.
  • In t4/5 STR I use bb8 in a surprisingly fun squad in p2 (and a variant can work in p1)...

Boba (g12) lead, Zylo (g12), Rey scavenger (g11), R2 (g12), and bb8 (g9 or 10).

R2 stealths everyone but Zylo. Zylo keeps retribution up a good portion of the time. Boba does surprising damage here. Don't kill the adds till boba gets a bounty. Once he gets a bounty and 5 stack Pain he does up to and over 50k on basic. On double tap over 100k. Execution can hit hard after Sion taunts.

In p1 have to put a healer in for Rey (not visas!). After bb8 does his special and dn steals the buffs boba can execute for ridiculous damage...