Best luck you've had.

NicWester
8928 posts Member
I don't know how lucky it was, but it was definitely the lowest probability and best possible timing for a thing to happen.

Back when I was farming General Veers, this was right after Imperial Troopers got their rework and I still didn't have him unlocked, I would do his hard node every day and finally got to 49/50. So at the end of the day I spent all my ally points on bronzium packs, as usual, and get the 50th shard and thought, "Oh, great! I should go unlock him now! Eh, I've got enough for one more pack, it won't take too long to open." So I opened the next bronzium pack and inside was a full Veers. So not only was I able to unlock him, but I got him to 4* and had 20 shards towards his 5th star.

This was before the change to repeat character pulls, too, so setting aside that had I closed the window and unlocked him then come back I wouldn't have gotten the full Veers, even if I had gotten him I'd have only gotten I think 25 shards?

So share up, what's the best luck you've had? Not necessarily the best outcome, but the most improbable thing. The game has such a playerbase that a one-in-a-million outcome is going to happen to someone every day.
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Full Barris from bronzium the other day gave me the exact 80 shards I needed to 7* her. I think that's all in recent months.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Umm.... Why was this moved from General Discussion to Feedback?

I'm a big fan of using the Feedback board instead of General Discussion, but this is a thread for folks to share their stories--wherever that luck came from. Mine and ChristophIV's stories happen to involve datacards, but I'm sure there's folks out there with improbably-long expose trains under resistance, raid loot that was all full pieces, that character they were farming in the guild store showing up days in a row, etc. It's almost the literal definition of General Discussion.

I'm going to tag @Kyno since I know he's currently active at moderating and can maybe find out why. I don't think he moved it, since he usually puts a "moved to X" notice when he does.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    The same exact thing happened to me with veers. That, and winning an arena battle 2 seconds before my payout
  • Options
    Full Carbanti in bronzium pull.

Even did a little dance afterwards.
  • Options
    Pulled 330 Bossk shards out of the 1299 crystal pack.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Jyn Erso on first chromium. Was a pain to get her to 7* though.

In general not very lucky with draws etc. Was thinking of doing an Imperial Trooper team after the last Empire Territory Battle and then pulled Veers from a bronzium the following week.
  • Options
    Something like 10-shards, 10-shards, and 25-shards almost in a row this morning (out of ~4,000 tokens).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    My very first chromium purches apart from the initial purchase shortly after starting:

Baze unlocked
    HK—47 unlocked
    And additional usefull shards.

This was back when Chaze were kings in the arena.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    My brother 7*'d Boba as his first 7* and unlocked the shard store, and then the next day pulled a full Boba unlock from a bronzium.
  • potsy
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Getting a +20 speed secondary mod today :)
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Delete
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Full Carbanti in bronzium pull.

Even did a little dance afterwards.

Same here.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    A few days ago I pulled 80-shards of Barriss Offee, and 30-shards of Biggs Darklighter. Those have been my best pulls yet! I likely have not noticed any of the really good gear pulls.
  • Options
    One full MK VIII binoculars (for Palp) and some other full pieces of otherwise bum pain stuff I think.

I don't celebrate though. I feel it's a break even return on time investment in this game.

Much like the end of a Sabine shard drought.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    @Rhunne

Fills a Platoon spot. That's crazy luck!

When I was prepping for Thrawn I pulled two full Carbanti in a week when getting to G8+. That saved a fortune.
  • Options
    Current gold run is Old Ben shards. only been a week with minimal refreshes and I nearly have him unlocked.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    I'm on Farmboy right now and it's the opposite, two full refreshes on his cheap node I've received 4 shards.
  • Options
    Got an Omega from Cantina 7G once.
  • Options
    @NicWester it's been six weeks but I'm glad this thread is finally taking off. Had a full Boba and a full Mace from free bronziums on consecutive days last week just as I was getting worryingly low on shard shop currency. Could do with that again this week.