Is holdo worth leveling for p1 JTR team?

I just unlocked JTR and tried my first crack at str p1. The team I used was JTR (g8, zeta lead), bb8 (g11), r2 (g12 zeta crunch), scav Rey (g9), trooper (g8). This team seemed to have some survivability problems, as there’s no real healer and they don’t have enough health steal to recover from annihilate before being taken down by drain force. The Reys were the only ones to make it to enrage, since they can spam foresight pretty well. Question is, I guess, is that because I need more practice/better gear, or would adding holdo as a healer over trooper be useful? I will also be eventually adding zetas to combat analysis/roll with the punches, as I get more available, and can probably get JTR up to g10 in a few days (just waiting on challenge gear).

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Don't replace Trooper, he's one of your big damage dealers. I'm not sure exactly where he gets health steal (I'm guessing higher gear levels) but at some point he should be able to survive to enrage. Mine's G12 but I think he was fine at G11 IIRC. BB8 and R2 tend to be the biggest problems, even if you don't give them the shield, because they will die from AOE. I've had the most luck when I use R2 smokescreen to give himself foresight, and BB8 gets foresight from JTR's assist call (which you should be doing anyway with BB8's assist zeta). It takes a lot of tries sometimes though because the timing (and who gets the shield) is critical. Down the road, BB8's second zeta can also help suitability, as can giving either or both a G12 multitool (it gives added health steal).

Holdo probably will help you survive more but your max damage will go way down. Another option is Visas, but probably same issue. I know some people swear by Visas though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I use r2 exclusively to eat annihilate. It was rough, but once i gave him the g12 health steal piece his survivability sky rocketed. Jtr gives evade to bb8, sometimes my speed is off and he'll eat a health drain, but usually not enough to kill him pre enrage. R2 will smoke screen himself. If i have time post annihilate r2 will pop smoke on jtr or rey to buy him more time to health steal, but it's a gamble because you have to have smoke screen on jim for that health drain.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    I use r2 exclusively to eat annihilate. It was rough, but once i gave him the g12 health steal piece his survivability sky rocketed. Jtr gives evade to bb8, sometimes my speed is off and he'll eat a health drain, but usually not enough to kill him pre enrage. R2 will smoke screen himself. If i have time post annihilate r2 will pop smoke on jtr or rey to buy him more time to health steal, but it's a gamble because you have to have smoke screen on jim for that health drain.

Let either Rey take the annihilate if you can. They both have really good health steal and do a better job battling back from 0.
  • I know the reys are alot more forgiving, but if you use jtr, you put bb8 at risk and lose alot of damage. If you use reg rey, you lose alot of damage and ID cooldowns. By using r2 i just lose the ID cds and not a whole lot of damage. With the g12 piece on r2 and as much practice as I've had i rarely have to retreat from mess ups. One burning turn from r2 post annihlate gives him enough health to live past nils basics, then you just have to keep foresight on him for the health drain, and r2 always has smokescreen back in time.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Does missing one turn from shielding JTR or Rey really cost you that much damage?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • One r2 turn, but with all the crits i get a ton of other people turns while r2 is shielded. Minimum of one full ID round, at least one full nihl turn after nihl annihilates which is a minimum of 2 jtr calling bb8 turns. Shrug, it works very well for me, if i get up to tier 6 or heroic I'm sure it wouldn't play so nicely.