Ships suck, particularly Biggs...

ScotBott
166 posts Member
Ships are terrible now, why can't we have any chance of winning without a boring Biggs/vader team. I don't remember the last time I was even able to use a capital ships' special lol. Diversity went down the drain...

Replies

• Options
    Thrawn uses his special all the time! Which means if you survive, you'll never get to use yours because it now has a +1 added to its timer and you'll either kill all the ships before they can reinforce or you'll lose before you get 2 more turns.

Plus, since the AI never targets TFP you don't get the benefit of its unique ability while on offense.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Plus, since the AI never targets TFP you don't get the benefit of its unique ability while on offense.

Untrue. Every single battle I've played, the AI used the AOE right away. So if you're cap ship is going first, you can open with TF's special, use your cap ship, get a dodge, and then reinforce almost immediately (with a fast Tarkin).

Strategy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    ScotBott wrote: »
    Diversity went down the drain...

Ships 1.0 = Chim/TF/FOTF/Vader/Biggs/Reaper

Every. Single. Fleet.

Diversity went down the drain long before the ships update, friend.
  • Options
    @TVF OP stated special, not AoE. You must read the post before you blindly defend Ships 2.0.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    "you don't get the benefit of its unique ability while on offense."

This part is false. I read the post. You should do the same.

Also maybe work on tactics instead of worrying about who is "blindly defending Ships 2.0."
  • Options
    You are correct. I was wrong. You were answering the question. Please accept my apology. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but in Ships 1.0, didn't TFP's special grant him foresight ONLY if the target was already target locked? I almost reflexively avoid using it unless opposing Biggs (usually) is already TL'd to maximize it's benefit. Is there a definitive list of kit changes anywhere?
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    No, it gives TF foresight no matter what, just like now. If you use it against a TL enemy it also inflicts buff immunity, which is also unchanged from before.

And apology accepted. :)
  • Options
    Yeah I have the maxed pilots, ships, and castrate the biggs cookie cutter teams because I don’t follow the wooly crowd. I don’t even use the **** magical tank that is famous for getting one shot by Vader. People should actually read through all the ships abilities again because almost everyone missed something.
  • Options
    Biggs's protection regen needed a nerf, not a buff.

That stupid decision took away all the diversity they promised with this release.
  • Options
    Yeah I have the maxed pilots, ships, and castrate the biggs cookie cutter teams because I don’t follow the wooly crowd. I don’t even use the **** magical tank that is famous for getting one shot by Vader. People should actually read through all the ships abilities again because almost everyone missed something.

That's exactly the problem with such a drastic revamp. Think of it this way, you spent a year learning algebra and then you got an A on the final and you had to take it again the next year because all the math had changed. It would be tough to re-learn the same thing because you've already invested time in understanding it the first time.

I've said it before, this change may be good for the long-term viability of the ship arena, but right now it's kitten. I don't have the time to go form zero to expert in a short time frame and I'm actually on the forums trying to figure this out. Imagine all the people who don't go to the forums and are struggling through a revamp. It's like trying to relearn algebra without a teacher.
  • Options

That's exactly the problem with such a drastic revamp. Think of it this way, you spent a year learning algebra and then you got an A on the final and you had to take it again the next year because all the math had changed. It would be tough to re-learn the same thing because you've already invested time in understanding it the first time.

I've said it before, this change may be good for the long-term viability of the ship arena, but right now it's kitten. I don't have the time to go form zero to expert in a short time frame and I'm actually on the forums trying to figure this out. Imagine all the people who don't go to the forums and are struggling through a revamp. It's like trying to relearn algebra without a teacher.

I didn’t have to relearn anything tbh. I was full empire fleet before and I’m still full empire fleet. Other ships I had before are more useful now too letting me field more than one great fleet. Nothing changed for me beyond Reaper is less potent and ITF isn’t in my fleet just to dodge me to a fast tie swarm.
  • Options
    Ships 2.0 sucks.. it’s crap. Just about everything these “developers” have done has been ****. I just about have 7* ships with maxed crew, some zeta and gearlvl12. Battle starts, I get one attack, their ship aoe, then attack, then my capital ship attacks, then their pilots then they call a reinforcement meanwhile it’s 5-1 and I’m just destroyed.. if there’s a reason to quit this game it’s ships.. I feel like
    A. The devs have no Star Wars nerd in them and if so it was someone else.
    B. Just go back to the original ships format, give us more options instead of nerfing ships....
    C. Geonossian ships??? ****
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Untrue. Every single battle I've played, the AI used the AOE right away.

I had two battles a few days ago where Chim used the buff/debuff instead. Now it's back to AOE every time.

Weird.
  • Hazakar
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Ships are awful. Given their current state I haven't been telling any Infinity War guildies about this gamethats for sure...
  • Options
    The tm gain from Imperial Tie dodge doesn't work when I'm on offense. Weird that enemy imperial tie does correctly give tm to his capital ship when he dodges. But mine doesn't give tm when it dodges. This issue was also pointed out in some bug reports and a new video from 'Smithie D'
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    The tm gain from Imperial Tie dodge doesn't work when I'm on offense. Weird that enemy imperial tie does correctly give tm to his capital ship when he dodges. But mine doesn't give tm when it dodges. This issue was also pointed out in some bug reports and a new video from 'Smithie D'

As I've said many times before, it's working just fine for me. There's no way my Executrix goes again before any of my ships without the TM feed.