Leadership abilities to stay on character while he doesn't lead but it's in the team. (plz read)

Rake6
442 posts Member
edited June 2018
I'm sure I'm not the first one who came up with this idea, but I think its dope. Leaders have learned those abilities very very hard and spent months and months to learn them. They should use them on the battlefront no matter if they lead or no. They can't unlearn them.

Sure the abilities will have effect only on them and this new upper level of upgrading the lead ability so you can use it solo should cost a LOT. I mean a LOT. Like millions credits, omegas, zetas, crystals.. We have all kind of resources to choose from.

How do you guys feel about that and what you think ?

Replies

• Options
    It wouldn't be leadership ability then itd just be a unique
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Plus it would lead to ridiculous teams. CLS and Wedge, JTR and Finn. QGJ, Kenobi and Barris to name a few.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    almost any leader ability plus a zeta lead vader (as a normal squad member) would be annoying... uncleansable DoTs.

id say it could be fine IF and only if, the zeta upgrade to there leader is disabled while not in a lead position
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    EP (L) plus Vader plus the triumuviate. Vader will keep repeating dots and gaining TM, plus TM removal bcos of his leader plus added speed for his first hit. Traya will wreck anyone who buffs or takes a turn.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    That would be game breaking IMO.

The reason those abilities only apply when in the leader position, is so you have to choose and make strategic choices. I.e. - GK is only in the lead to make him super tanky, now he would just be super tanky no matter what.

Leader abilities are not meant to stack in most game modes (tables are the exception as they allow 2 leaders). There are some really crazy combinations of you try to introduce this.

A few examples why this would be a bad idea:

Nihilus lead - Vader now gets 90% offense and permanent DOT

Wiggs will not only be a fast combo, wedge will have an extra 30% offense no matter who is lead.

BH become super due to them all having leader abilities.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Options
    Well this is debatable. Maybe you should be allowed to use only one additional leader that can use his ability solo. No matter if you put 5 leaders in one team. First spot will be leader, second the leader that uses his L ability to himself only. Something like that.

You reminded me about the two leads from missions tho. Why there isn't a 1v1 mode with two leaders ? Just for fun. Like Squad arena but you fight all the people from all the shards. Prizes would be just titles and scores (and a leader board with statistics how much battles given player did, how much time is he playing to reach that place) so nobody gets mad cuz they don't get crystals or whatnot.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see how this is debatable. Leader abilities are too strong to allow more than one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I don't see how this is debatable. Leader abilities are too strong to allow more than one.

Agreed.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Someone posted it elsewhere, and I think it would greatly improve Jedi:

GMY leader rework: (Same tenacity bonus etc). Add in Zeta level: All Jedi allies with leader abilities have those abilities active while GMY is alive. The abilities are limited to Level 7 bonus only.

Would make him kind of a Palpatine/Hera combo. And isn't too OP because he has to be alive for it to remain.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Someone posted it elsewhere, and I think it would greatly improve Jedi:

GMY leader rework: (Same tenacity bonus etc). Add in Zeta level: All Jedi allies with leader abilities have those abilities active while GMY is alive. The abilities are limited to Level 7 bonus only.

Would make him kind of a Palpatine/Hera combo. And isn't too OP because he has to be alive for it to remain.

Important point - Phoenix sort has what OP is asking for, since they share uniques. But they have to since they're so weak to begin with (relatively speaking). If you granted this to other factions it would break the game, so you'd have to nerf them first...no thanks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Hence why I said for Jedi only. Everyone says they're terrible and underpowered so it would alleviate the problem but not as easily as farming Phoenix. You'd need GMY and a Zeta to get the benefit. Kind of what legendary characters are supposed to do, no?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Well this is debatable. Maybe you should be allowed to use only one additional leader that can use his ability solo. No matter if you put 5 leaders in one team. First spot will be leader, second the leader that uses his L ability to himself only. Something like that.

You reminded me about the two leads from missions tho. Why there isn't a 1v1 mode with two leaders ? Just for fun. Like Squad arena but you fight all the people from all the shards. Prizes would be just titles and scores (and a leader board with statistics how much battles given player did, how much time is he playing to reach that place) so nobody gets mad cuz they don't get crystals or whatnot.

PvE content can be tuned to account for 2 leader abilities.

Leader abilities are mean to be choices, not just something that is always there. Yes it can be hard to choose, but thats the point.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    also not everyone has a leader ability and that would be a huge detriment to them and reduce the amount of toons used. which is never a good thing. we need more options not less.