New SW Video Game Jedi: Fallen Order

Anyone else excited about this game?? Nothing out other than the name and that it takes place after episode 3 but before 4. Kinda makes me think of the old Star Wars Force Unleashed games, but this time we'd be on the light side of things.

I wish it would be a complete RPG. I want a Skyrim game, but set in the star wars universe.

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Please no more MMO Star Wars games!

I hated the fact that KOTOR 3 was a MMO - it just destroyed the immersive feeling and I couldn't play the game without teaming up with people - nobody wanted to team up with me, so the game was unplayable for me. That really ****, because I was such a huge fan of the first 2 games (actually just replayed KOTOR and playing KOTOR 2 again now).

As for BF2 I thought they would have learned their lesson with BF - they did to some degree, we got a single player story, which was nice, but overall it just felt short of expectations in a big way.

Its just not enjoyable to start a game and constantly get killed within seconds of playing - people say "then don't play those games" but there is little to no alterntative when fans want to play a new star wars game and there is nothing else on the market.

I agree a good Skyrim type game would be good, but we'll see...I doubt we'll get that.
  • I agree, I loved the old battlefronts back on like PS2. These new ones have been very disappointing. No matter how much I play them I can't seem to get good.

I don't think it will be an MMO game. Probably a pretty linear single player action/adventure game, maybe with a little RPG in there, going light/dark side.

But yeah a skyrim equivalent would be the best game ever. Imagine just walking around/flying/speeder...etc Choosing your path, your skills. You can train to become a jedi, train to become a sith, train to be a bounty hunter. Craft your own weapons, build your lightsaber...etc. Gets me so excited thinking about it haha.
  • Anyone else excited about this game?? Nothing out other than the name and that it takes place after episode 3 but before 4. Kinda makes me think of the old Star Wars Force Unleashed games, but this time we'd be on the light side of things.

I wish it would be a complete RPG. I want a Skyrim game, but set in the star wars universe.

In the FU, you do play as a "good" guy, although the endings differ and you start out as Vader's apprentice.
    As far as a new game goes, lets see how disappointing they can make it. Remaster the old battlefronts, then we can talk. The new ones are garbage, especially with being geared towards online content and loot boxes....
  • Anyone else excited about this game?? Nothing out other than the name and that it takes place after episode 3 but before 4. Kinda makes me think of the old Star Wars Force Unleashed games, but this time we'd be on the light side of things.

In the FU, you do play as a "good" guy, although the endings differ and you start out as Vader's apprentice.
    As far as a new game goes, lets see how disappointing they can make it. Remaster the old battlefronts, then we can talk. The new ones are garbage, especially with being geared towards online content and loot boxes....
    Yeah I know he's technically a "good guy" but is Vader's apprentice first.

And I agree on the new Battlefronts being garbage.

Yeah I know he's technically a "good guy" but is Vader's apprentice first.

And I agree on the new Battlefronts being garbage.

It does get dicey, with the moral choice at the end of the games. With the way things are going, and I believe that EA has exclusive rights to the franchise? I will not hold my breath for anything being amazing.
  • Don’t get your hopes up. It’s EA and the studio that’s making it (Respawn) has only made 2 games (titanfall 1 and 2) so don’t get your hopes up. When is someone gonna realize we want a good rpg game like kotor?
  • Cstone812 wrote: »
    Don’t get your hopes up. It’s EA and the studio that’s making it (Respawn) has only made 2 games (titanfall 1 and 2) so don’t get your hopes up. When is someone gonna realize we want a good rpg game like kotor?

Or a good MMO like Galaxies.
    Don’t get your hopes up. It’s EA and the studio that’s making it (Respawn) has only made 2 games (titanfall 1 and 2) so don’t get your hopes up. When is someone gonna realize we want a good rpg game like kotor?

Titanfall's were actually pretty good games.

Titanfall's were actually pretty good games.

Except for the fact that they rely heavily on the internet. IDK bout you, but I can't play anything online, and actually prefer offline content.
  • I like online games. Destiny, The Division are some that are always online and done really well.
  • I like online games. Destiny, The Division are some that are always online and done really well.

Which is fine when you have access to the internet, and it is affordable. In my area, neither is the case. I get that online gaming is popular, and have no issues with that. But if I'm going to spend up to $65 on a game, there had better be a good offline campaign to go with it. The new battlefront game was my wake up call, as far as looking into a game before pre-ordering it, to make sure what the content is.
  • Not to mention that the internet gives developers an excuse to be lazy when it comes to game designs. Remember when games had to be almost flawless when they came out? Not saying being able to DL a patch is a bad thing, but it feels like they rush through making a game, just to get it out the door and when the bugs come up, they just throw a patch at it and call it a day.
  • Not to mention that the internet gives developers an excuse to be lazy when it comes to game designs. Remember when games had to be almost flawless when they came out? Not saying being able to DL a patch is a bad thing, but it feels like they rush through making a game, just to get it out the door and when the bugs come up, they just throw a patch at it and call it a day.

Yep I agree. I was looking forward to the game For Honor, for such a long time. Preordered it, and when it came out there were soooo many bugs. You literally couldn't even play it online even with all computers and no other players. It was months before they managed to fix parts of it. And they just recently added dedicated servers.

Yep I agree. I was looking forward to the game For Honor, for such a long time. Preordered it, and when it came out there were soooo many bugs. You literally couldn't even play it online even with all computers and no other players. It was months before they managed to fix parts of it. And they just recently added dedicated servers.

I'm sure we could list many titles that had something severely wrong with them on launch. As for Fallen Jedi, cool concept. Little info to go on, seems sketchy. Especially since the studio doing the game is a nobody, and the people running the show, according to a google search, are former workers of infinity ward... Makes one wonder why