Time to phase out tie fighter?

I’ve been noticing that the new ai pretty much never attacks your tie fighter anymore, and when it does you pretty much never evade. I was wondering if anyone else was using a different combo. Biggs, Vader, tfp is my standard, but I may start leaning toward swapping in someone else once they’re geared, was wondering if anyone else had a good combo geared up that is effective. I’ve seen swapping in silencer, as his special does massive damage when maxed, but I’m far off from there (g8 kru). I’ve considered swapping in reaper, to help give my capital that push the hard way, but he’s super slow and will probably let Vader die.

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    I'm not maxed out by any means, KRU @ 85, G9+5, no Zeta yet but it'll be my first. His ship is my only maxed out one. Played right it hits incredibly hard. Already does 100k with his special+advantage. Gains extra turn meter and offence the longer it's alive. Run him with Vader and Biggs. Then Ashoka, FOTP and Maul. Replacing one of them with Cassian when I have that close to max (or add him when I upgrade Executrix).

Can hold my own really well. Sit around top 25, and about 20k lower than others around me.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    If your cap ship will go first, you can open with TF special to get foresight. Your cap ship goes, AI uses AOE so automatic dodge, and if your cap ship is empire and fast it will go again immediately.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Problem with that strategy is if their vader is faster than yours, they can take out vader before Biggs gets taunt (tie target locks vader, vader ab block/TMR, biggs call assist and vader is dead), so you're taking a big risk there.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Problem with that strategy is if their vader is faster than yours, they can take out vader before Biggs gets taunt (tie target locks vader, vader ab block/TMR, biggs call assist and vader is dead), so you're taking a big risk there.

You're assuming the AI knows what it is doing. I've yet to have this problem even when the other Vader goes first. YMMV.
  • The AI always goes for my Vader, if my TFP doesn't open with a TL.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I haven't paid a ton of attention to it honestly, I know it works and I don't remember that really being an issue. I'll try to watch for it. Perhaps my Vader is always going first.
  • The AI always goes for my Vader, if my TFP doesn't open with a TL.

What he said :)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Umbaran does the same thing, does it a tiny bit slower (but still very, very fast), and does it better since its target lock is a 100% chance to apply, and can't be resisted (it can be dodged, but, then again, TIE's basic can be dodged, too). 5s will throw Offense and Defense down a lot as well, and dispel on target locked enemies. A boatload of health, too, meaning enemy Chimaeras will probably target it with its ult.

Its only drawback is that it gives TM to whoever it attacks (and gains TM itself when it attacks), but even that's tactically useful. I throw a target lock on Biggs first thing, which puts his TM above the enemy Vader's, so he does his weaksauce basic attack against my own Biggs as his opening move. Without that bonus TM, their Vader attacks and locks, then their Biggs uses his special and has a 50% chance to call Vader for the assist, which can be devastating under Chimaera's bonus crit damage for Empire.

Fling the TIE into the sun! Dance in the light of the new meta of this new day!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.