Ship Challenges are Too Difficult Now

Can anyone actually beat the ship challenges with the recommended stars/levels? For instance 5 starring capital ships and beating the tier 3 ship enhancement droid challenges are nearly impossible for me and I far exceed the requirements.

This is an issue that only affects players who can't sim all the challenges yet (newer) so I feel like its under reported and under represented.

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    It was very hard to beat with the recommended level even before ships 2.0

Best to just ignore those
  • Yup the challenges have always been difficult. Nothing really changed just need to gear the toons for the ships your using. It makes a huge difference.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Minimum requirements are always a terrible guideline because typically they only work if you have a very specific set of ships, ability levels, and luck, and if you miss out on any of those 3 the requirements bump up.
  • They're hard.

They were hard and they're still hard.

But doable.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They're hard.

They were hard and they're still hard.

But doable.

This.

But I will also say the likely answer is no. I'm not sure why but the minimums they post for just about every event are less than accurate from my (and many others) experience.
  • I was finally able to complete Ackbar t5 after 2.0, so from my perspective it actually got easier. But yes, the requirements almost always way undershoot what you actually need. I wish they’d be more honest on them.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Biggs doesnt get a tl in 100 tries...what requirements when the system just cheats?

Biggs mostly doesnt even get a tl with advantage up (no crit immunity buff on other side). System is just laughable, especially considering the cooldowns of enemy are not correct. Neither is the amount of reinforcements. Nothing became more easy in ships 2.0...you can do it now more easily if you fully upgrade your ships with new mats. Thats it...3v3 sucks. TB ship battles suck. Sith raid p1 and p4 suck. Doesnt mean you cant win or do good damage. Its just unfun to play. And its a game in the end which should deliver one thing - fun. Thats why i bought a few chars, because i wanted to have fun.

EDIT:
    Managed it

I hope more fun stuff like haat, tb and tw will be incoming...less random based and more tactical
    Post edited by XKurareX on
  • I have also noticed certain aspects of this seeming to be rigged...ships is just more blatant. CG/EA needs to be more honest with requirements. They also need to tell us the drop rates for things like shards in the store. I don't want to spend hard earned money to buy a faction pack only to get 5 shards out of 330 almost every time. It is akin to gambling and EA is already in hot doodoo for this crap.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Taerdin wrote: »
    Can anyone actually beat the ship challenges with the recommended stars/levels? For instance 5 starring capital ships and beating the tier 3 ship enhancement droid challenges are nearly impossible for me and I far exceed the requirements.

This is an issue that only affects players who can't sim all the challenges yet (newer) so I feel like its under reported and under represented.

Currently using lvl 80 plus with g8 and 9 pilots can’t even beat lvl 72 training droid challenge. I want to view enemy ship stats to solve this
  • cboath7
    459 posts Member
    Challenges are clearly too hard.

I have 83/4 pilots at G10 and can't get that challenge mentioned above. Executrix 5* is crap. 4* lvl 72 req'd and i can't kill a ship with g10 vader, g9 fett, g9 tie pilot at 5*'s.

Don't tell me the old ones were that hard. I watched a video on youtube of a guy doing it who wasn't close to the numbers listed above and seemingly had no clue as to strategy or anything.
  • MajesticMoose41
    247 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I just did the Home One 7* Challenge today twice and 3 starred it without losing any ships. Didn't think it was that hard.

Ackbar G7 4*

Biggs G12, Ship 7*, 41k power
    Wedge G11, Ship 7*, 38k power
    Phantom 7*, 38k power
    Ghost 7*, 40k power
    JC G10, Ship 6*, 31k power

• That's nice. I'm at 76 and I just completed the Lvl 72 2* building mats challenge with G9 7* Biggs, Phoenix, Boba, 6* Vader all in 6* ships except Slave 1 at 5*. I can't even kill a single enemy in the Lvl 75 Capital challenges. The point is that newer players are affected far more than people who aren't already max level with G12 pilots.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I’ve finally beat the 4 stars the key is being able to farm those purple mats from the ship table . Without that I would never have enough power even at 85 with gear 9 10 and 11. The level for the challenge is directly related to when it unlocks not so much as when you can beat them. Good luck to everyone!
  • Ship challenges are way to difficult. They were designed for a time when you started with 5 ships and totally need to be redesigned.

For example I tried over 100 times to 6* Executrix. Yes I really did. I stopped counting. I've spent way to much money on this game. Over $3,000 in 6 months. Thank God I'm single with a ton of disposable income.

This challenge literally almost made me stop playing. I told my guild don't expect me for a few days. I was beyond mad at how crazily difficult the challenge was and almost didn't come back. I've spent all that cash and I still only have 75% of the toons and ships unlocked. I don't have a single g12 toon. Only one zeta. About 25 7* toons. I was beyond ticked at spending all that money and not being able to beat, what should have been a beatable event within a dozen tries at the absolute most.

Level 85 ships as fully upgraded as possible.
    Level 85 characters fully modded, omegad, some zetas, g10. Yes i know some of that doesn't translate to ships.
    7 star ships
    7 star characters

TIE Advanced
    Slave 1
    TFP

FOTP
    SF FOTP
    Kylo Rens Command Shuttle

Now while I don't have Reaper, Silencer, or Scimitar at 5* to use in that event, that should be well beyond what should be required to beat the event.

TFP almost never dodged, enemy would land 5 crits in a row and I couldn't get one. Seriously like anything RNG related wouldn't go my way.

I came back after 5 days with little desire to come back. I really only did because I would have been booted from the guild otherwise.

Finally TFP dodged a few times and the RNG went my way and was able to beat the event.

Seriously though, that was way to ridiciously hard.

Tone it done CG. Seriously. Make things a tiny bit easier will ya. Increase your drop rates, let us farm hard nodes 8 times instead of 5. Stop requiring all characters to need carbantis, stun guns, and droid callers. Or spread out the requirements a bit through different gear levels. Something. Fix your silly sith raid that everyone hates. Fix the raid rewards.

I don't know if spending $3,000 in 6 months makes me a whale, or a dolphin, or what. It does make me an **** though even though I don't need the money. I can tell you this though CG, that event really ruined my enthusiasm for this game, and with it, my okness with spending any money in it.

Since coming back 3 weeks ago, whatever it was, I've spent a grand total of maybe $100, when at one time I was giving you $150 a week.

Fix your stuff will ya!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Your ships are not the important part.

Your pilots are the important part.

I have three actually good dark side ships. FO TIE, TIE Advanced, and Slave I, with the pilots at 7* G9-11 with their omegas and level 15 5-pip mods. Next step down on dark side ships is substantially worse. A level 74 G7, 5* TIE Fighter Pilot, a worse Geonosian soldier and an even worse Geonosian Spy.

My Tarkin isn't even particularly good. Level 85, 7*, G8, no zetas. Not even fully modded.

I beat the 6* Executrix challenge, in Ships 2.0.

You don't need everything right now. Going at this game with that mindset is doomed to frustration, or if you're a big spender, a lot of wasted money.

All the ship challenges can be reasonably overpowered through brute force using only units who are reasonably useful outside their ships.

Ships require more overall resources invested to be good, but they only rely on raw resources invested, not the roulette of mods.

And if you're not ready to take a challenge now, have some patience, build your pilots, and try another day. Plowing head first at a wall is not going to give you anything but a headache.
    Still not a he.
  • The ships are just as important as the pilots before L85. My 7* G9+ pilots are still getting rofl stomped in the L72 training Droid challenge w/ 6* ships, but going from 5* ships to 6* ships at least allowed me to complete the L72 materials challenge. Once I hit L80, can take my pilots to G10, and have some 7* ships, I might be able to get 5* capital ships.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Your ships are not the important part.

Your pilots are the important part.

I have three actually good dark side ships. FO TIE, TIE Advanced, and Slave I, with the pilots at 7* G9-11 with their omegas and level 15 5-pip mods. Next step down on dark side ships is substantially worse. A level 74 G7, 5* TIE Fighter Pilot, a worse Geonosian soldier and an even worse Geonosian Spy.

My Tarkin isn't even particularly good. Level 85, 7*, G8, no zetas. Not even fully modded.

I beat the 6* Executrix challenge, in Ships 2.0.

You don't need everything right now. Going at this game with that mindset is doomed to frustration, or if you're a big spender, a lot of wasted money.

All the ship challenges can be reasonably overpowered through brute force using only units who are reasonably useful outside their ships.

Ships require more overall resources invested to be good, but they only rely on raw resources invested, not the roulette of mods.

And if you're not ready to take a challenge now, have some patience, build your pilots, and try another day. Plowing head first at a wall is not going to give you anything but a headache.

Did you miss the very begining where I said my pilots were 7*, level 85, G10, with omegas and zetas?

I know omegas and zetas are not supposed to translate to ships.

In fairness I did leave out the detail of having level 15 5 dot gold mods but still.

My Tarkin was 7* G11. I mean seriously what more do you need?

While I eventaully beat the challenge, no one should have to run challenges 100 times to beat a challenge. All my ships, all my pilots, all my gear, all my mods, all toon and ship levels are beyond the requirements to even attempt the event. Well beyond.

• YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    If you really have all that, then yes, you have the raw power you need. Either you're using a lineup that does not mesh at all, you're getting royally screwed by RNGeesus, or your tactics are awful.
    Still not a he.
  • OK, so like many others on these forums I have been finding ships 2.0 challenges a pain.
    I would like to tell past-self that finally 3* a Tier IV fleet challenge so I can sim it and never play it again made it all worthwhile, but will have to settle for telling anybody else who may read this post.
    So this is what I 3* the ship building materials Tier IV challenge with:
    Biggs X-wing 7* lvl 85 pwr 33,345/ Biggs lvl 85 7* G8
    if I have one ship and one pilot that made this go from impossible to possible it would be these ones: plus they’re FTP and one of the easily farmable ones. Biggs, Biggs, Biggs. Sure he’s no Bossk & Hound’s Tooth, but if you’re struggling to finish fleet challenges, you won’t have Bossk yet (I don’t).
    Ghost 6* lvl 76 pwr 34,241 / Hera, Kanan, Zeb all 7*, lvl 82, 83, 82 all G8
    The Silencer 6* lvl 79 pwr 26, 209 / KRU 6*, lvl 83, G8
    Phantom II 6* lvl 81 pwr 32,662 / Sabine 3*, lvl 71 G7; Ezra 7* lvl 85 G11; Chopper 7* lvl 80 G8
    Ahsoka SF 6* lvl 78 pwr 33,875 / Ahsoka 7*, lvl 85 G11
    Slave I 5* lvl 76 pwr 28,016 / Boba Fet 7*, lvl 78 G8 [but didn’t use him]
    Home One 5* lvl 80 pwr 22,350 / Ackbar 6*, lvl 80 G8

I have lost all perspective and so no longer have any idea if this is a good fleet or not but it’s what it took me. I suspect I am bad at ships and so this may be the brute force method but hopefully knowing this is what it takes, will ease the frustration of new players. It’s also possible that I had good RNG but believe me when I say I’m never not simming this again! Not even for science.