Capital ship challenges

Since the rework, the capital ship challenges have gotten even harder for darkside ships. It’s pretty annoying not being able to use Biggs, while going against him, and just being taunted until the end of time. At this point, all ships would need to be 7 Star with g11 pilots. Actually, some of mine are as I rank in top 20 fleet arena... and I still can’t beat it.

Fix it or nerf it? Don’t care which.
Leafstorm
Fear and Loathing - 70m GP - Officer
Lion Knight - GW2 - 500 man guild - Leader

Replies

• JKRevan
    156 posts Member
    TL Biggs, use Tie fighter special to give him buff immunity for 2-3 turns, Win.
  • Maxminus1980
    78 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    So it’s “hard” and want it nerfed? How about figure out the challenge. Probably why they named it challenge and not give me free stuff.

If anything wish they look at the zeta and ship Omega drop rate, but Im sure we will get more with fleet battles.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    So it’s “hard” and want it nerfed? How about figure out the challenge. Probably why they named it challenge and not give me free stuff.

Well, let's be fair. It was a simple star-check in 1.0, when you could have 5 ships in your starting lineup. It sounds like (I say sounds like because I finished all of them long, long ago and the repeatable 7* challenges haven't come back around yet, so I don't know what the challenges are like right now) they didn't change the challenge difficulty, but still only let you have 3 starting ships.

They're not asking for free stuff. What folks are asking is for the difficulty to be retuned to be in-line with the new starting lines.

As I said, I already got mine. I don't know if it's too hard or too easy or whatever. But, because I've got mine, I'm not going to act all sniffy that other folks want to get theirs...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Mrtops
    80 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I also have seen this especially tier 4 of Tarkans challenge it has proved impossible after 50+ attempts and I don't understand why it is so difficult. Any advice @Kyno, @CG_SBCrumb, @CG_Carrie my lineup is TIE Silencer, TIE Advanced, FOSFTF, Slave I, TIE Fighter
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mrtops/ships/
    Post edited by Mrtops on
  • Yeah...

I'm facing the same issue as the OP. Even with more or less maxed ships, it's **** hard.

Putting buff immunity on biggs is not the answer, as he protection regain is not a buff.

Would really like a few hints from anyone who has done it in 3vs3 mode, as I'm drawing a blank here.

/Gen
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Prot regain is not a buff but taunt is so you can ignore him to kill the more dangerous ships.

Assuming he's not already taunting or you can't clear the buff, of course.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So it’s “hard” and want it nerfed? How about figure out the challenge. Probably why they named it challenge and not give me free stuff.

If anything wish they look at the zeta and ship Omega drop rate, but Im sure we will get more with fleet battles.

Well something like this is easy to say if you already got yours before ships 2.0.
  • NicWester wrote: »

Well, let's be fair. It was a simple star-check in 1.0, when you could have 5 ships in your starting lineup. It sounds like (I say sounds like because I finished all of them long, long ago and the repeatable 7* challenges haven't come back around yet, so I don't know what the challenges are like right now) they didn't change the challenge difficulty, but still only let you have 3 starting ships.

They're not asking for free stuff. What folks are asking is for the difficulty to be retuned to be in-line with the new starting lines.

As I said, I already got mine. I don't know if it's too hard or too easy or whatever. But, because I've got mine, I'm not going to act all sniffy that other folks want to get theirs...

Thank you, that's exactly the point.
    The difficulty has to be adjusted to the challenge.
    Requirements for tier 4 for example are 4* ships lvl 75, not 7* ships lvl 85 with all maxed out 7* pilots.
  • And I bet like 98% of all players wouldn't 3* the zeta challenge nowadays with 3v3.
    The challenges were forgotten by the devs I'm afraid.
  • Maxminus1980
    78 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Well something like this is easy to say if you already got yours before ships 2.0. [/quote]

I completed the lvl 85 challenge with ships 2.0 first try.

9cnszl3dyeac.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Mrtops wrote: »
    I also have seen this especially tier 4 of Tarkans challenge it has proved impossible after 50+ attempts and I don't understand why it is so difficult. Any advice @Kyno, @CG_SBCrumb, @CG_Carrie my lineup is TIE Silencer, TIE Advanced, FOSFTF, Slave I, TIE Fighter
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mrtops/ships/

having done it before the adjustment I can't say i have any direct experience to share. What i will say is, your going into an event without any of your pilots/ships maxed out to your current level. Generally speaking that will make things very difficult.
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Maxed out is amusing...the requirements should stay the same as before. Else you just jinx all new players, which is unfair. Never heard of someone making things more difficult in a game. And lets not forget you get the mats for upgrading from exactly those challenges - thats a deadpool idea.

Home One challenge is also even more a pain now...as the clone solider permanent taunts (when he got protection, and he got more than biggs) and gets feeded from the two consulars, rex and the capital behind with protection. Very unfun design change.
  • a8nqtqzpehxz.png

Again, it’s not like I have bad ships. This isn’t asking for a handout. This is asking for an update to the challenges that reflects the actual recommended requirements and the 2.0 update that was pushed.

I shouldn’t have to g12 and 7 star every single DS ship to get it done. That might be an overstatement, but again, I do in fact have some g10 and g11 ship pilots already...
    Leafstorm
    Fear and Loathing - 70m GP - Officer
    Lion Knight - GW2 - 500 man guild - Leader
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    You can't get the 5*? at 267k? i'm totally screwed then for a good while.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I want the devs to show us the stats on the ships and pilots and it should help tremendously
  • Agree with OP.

Here's a fun joke. I just beat the tier IV executrix challenge with the skin of my teeth. What did it take?
    3 7 star g10 pilots: KRU (g9.75), TIE, Vader (5 star mods on them too). And two g8s maul and bobba
    --That's not the experience people had in ships 1.0

Here's a funnier joke: I can't beat the tier 3 droid challenge that's supposed to be "easier." In fact, I get wrecked, because Casian enforces with advantage and smokes one of my ships. This is not the most egregious issue because ship currency comes in at a fair amount and I'll overflow eventually, but it does support the point that challenges were not checked at every tier prior to the update.

Older players need to stop muddying the waters here and speaking out of ignorance. We're not asking for a nerf from where it was. We're asking for the devs to actually look at each tier and adjust to the new system. It's clear that did not happen from the many examples here and the fact that new people could not even beat the tier 1 challenges and lost out on dailies...

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I’m just simply asking them to show the stats of the ai ships and pilots. I can’t beat the training droid challenge that says lvl 72 with 80 plus toons and ships gear 9 and 10. They definitely did zero testing in lower levels or they would have found their bad ship count before release (4 star requiring 6 ships) and I suppose the reasoning is if your a lower level then your not filling the pockets and don’t matter.

• I completed the lvl 85 challenge with ships 2.0 first try.

9cnszl3dyeac.png

The problem with Capital ship challenges is you are not going in with max ships. This along with ability mats from tier IV tarkin being locked out means as a new player they are not going to have the amount of power you had when completing these challenges. Make a new account and try the ship challenges again. I've seen a lot of level 85 still with 4 star capital ships if that says anything.
  • Darkrose_One
    51 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I have a new account (my only account). I am level 79. I place within the 11-20 range in fleet (and in the 50-100 range in squad). I have been focusing more on fleet. I am having troubles with missions that are something like 72+, 75+, and 78+.

It makes me question if this was well thought out.
  • I have a new account (my only account). I am level 79. I place within the 11-20 range in fleet (and in the 50-100 range in squad). I have been focusing more on fleet. I am having troubles with missions that are something like 72+, 75+, and 78+.

It makes me question if this was well thought out.

It wasn't thought out at all.

Not to mention the drop rate of purple mats in fleet battles is appalling. So I'm hosed really.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Excal704black
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Everyone's best thing to do is all go back and give it a 1 star rating until they fix the ship challenges. Its freaking stupid that they made it impossible for any new comers to ship battles to win, even if you have 4 star fighters with level 63 or higher pilots with max mods! Maybe if they see there rating drop they might fix this stupid s**t!
  • If you want to beat the challenges, make fleet your priority instead of an afterthought. Gear your pilots, spend your fleet and GW currency on ship shards, buy ship building materials with cantina currency, and eventually you'll get there.
  • The challenge for Executrix 5* is ridiculously hard. I managed to do it after trying for 8 hours with the following. Check it out and aim for much higher, this is truly below the minimum you will need, unless you have the patience to fail for half a day.

1) Tie Silencer 4* - KRU gear6, 4*, abilities 3. Level 60.
    2) Tie advanced 4* - Vader gear 9*, 6* abilities 7 except leader at 3. Level 76.
    3) Imperial Tie 4* - Pilot gear 9, 7*, abilities 7. Level 76.
    Reinforcments
    4) Slave 1 4* - Boba Fett gear 8, 7*, abilities 7 except the last. Level 74.
    5) FO tie 4* - Pilot gear 7, 6*, abilities 5
    Level 60.
    Tarkin gear 9, abilities 7, level 76.
    All ships level 75 except Executrix at 52.
    Ship abilities as high as possible (up to 5) and reinforcement on slave 1
    All pilots have level 15 max rarity mods green to gold. It doesn't matter what mods they are.

This is to get an idea what IS VERY FAR FROM ENOUGH to get this challenge done unless you are really really lucky and patient.
  • Since the rework, the capital ship challenges have gotten even harder for darkside ships. It’s pretty annoying not being able to use Biggs, while going against him, and just being taunted until the end of time. At this point, all ships would need to be 7 Star with g11 pilots. Actually, some of mine are as I rank in top 20 fleet arena... and I still can’t beat it.

Fix it or nerf it? Don’t care which.

You are doing something wrong because I'm like... 400+ in fleet arena and I beat them all... and I dont have nice ships...

here's my list of DS ships:
    TIE Advanced (85-7*)
    Slave 1 (85-7*)
    Imperial Tie (85-7*)
    FO Tie (85-7*)
    Geonosian soldier (85-7*)
    Sun fac's Geonosian ( 85-5* )
    Geonosian spy (50-6*)

The others are around 3 or 4 stars and level 50 or less
    My executrix tho was 85 and had all its ability to at least 4-5

But YES I can say them got a lot harder after ship 2.0
    It took me a while before I could complete them.