Tired of Losing TW.

Dramgon
86 posts Member
edited June 2018
How many Territory Wars have there been. I've looked and I can't find a record, but i'm sure someone, somewhere out there has tracked it.

My guild has won 9 times out of all of the TW. I've been in the same guild since TW has been announced. Now I don't mind losing if its a close match and we're out played. Some will even say that we need to adjust our strategy. All valid reasons, but if there have been 25 wars and we've won 9, i'm not buying it.

Our last battle was against another guild that had 111 million GP, while we are sitting at 99 million. Now I don't mind being out matched once in a while, but we continually look up our opponents power in guild search and 70% of the time the opposing guild has well over 10 million more GP then we do, meaning they have more diversity to choose from to set defense and offense.

I've read multiple things about how teams are placed against each other, i'm just getting tired of us always being placed against guilds that seem to be much stronger then ours, no matter the strategy we use.

Its taking the fun out of it, I don't mind a 50% win ratio, but I don't feel like we win half the time.
Kind of hard to enjoy something you lose at, that is "working as intended", but feels like larger guilds are sandbagging to win, even though its been said this has no bearing on the match ups. Kind of feels like it does.

Replies

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    I believe 29. Think we are 24-5 now. We're the underdog every single time. Usually 10-30m GP.

If TW is that important to you, you might need to find a new guild with better strategy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Dramgon wrote: »

Its taking the fun out of it, I don't mind a 50% win ratio, but I don't feel like we win half the time.

O_o
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    We’re at 14-1 now in our very small guild (30M gp)
    We just lost against a 35M gp guild but all our match-ups are the same and we usually win.

At our lvl of play the difference was they had a few players at probably 2,5M or something where we are mostly homogeneous. One of them had more zetas on the teams he put on defense than all our guild total.

I think the gp is not really a key factor especially when you know that it’s active gp that’s being used. Most likely it’s the number of whales/exceptionally strong players in each guild, and the way that gp is distributed between the members. And I don’t think thre is anything you can really do about that.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    In every war, there is one winner and one loser. That means the average win rate must be 50%. That means some guilds will win more than half the time, and some guilds will win less than half the time.

A 31% win rate isn't the worst thing. If you want to do better, work on strategy, coordination, and strong TW teams like Sith, First Order, and Nightsisters.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    My guild was never really focused on TW. I think we're winning like 25% of the time using the standard format, but we won 100% of the time when they introduced that new format. It's just like anything else in this game, some people are focused on TW, others are focused on HSTR and some are focused on TB. Unless you have players spending a lot of money you just have to pick one and be ok with not doing well in the others.
  • Options
    I will be honest, we would love to face a guild with only 10M over us. Last guild was 40M over and we still won, majority are 15-20M over. We take it as a compliment to how well we are built as a group. Look at your strategy and how you could improve.
  • Options
    My guild hasn't been paired against a guild within 5m power and we've won 72%~ of our wars. 9 out of 25 isn't bad given that it means someone else has won 16/25. However, I do agree, matchups are bad. We have been paired with guilds that had twice as many JTR, a full Territory of max Zeta FO, etc. We won, but only because of our special defense structure and coordination. It's ridiculous. We fight guilds sometimes 15% larger than us.