Another "are we nearly there yet?" thread

It seems people are expecting a return of Thrawn this month. I'm LVL 81 and will not hit 85 this month, currently trying to get Zeb up to G9 but in all honesty it'll be easier to G10 Kannan and/or Hera.

https://swgoh.gg/u/poodletron/squads/91655/

Thoughts on whether I can crack 7* Thrawn? I got 5* pretty easily last time but got hosed in 6* :pensive:

Replies

• Options
    I haven't completed it yet, but have read different places that say take 2 or 3 characters to level 10 as opposed to all 5 to 9 (so many stun guns). I am one stun gun away from Chopper Hera and Ezra at 10 and Kanan and Zeb at 8. I am hoping that is solid advise, but again last time thrawn was around I only did the first 3 rounds because I hadn't starred the characters up yet so take my advise with a grain of salt I guess haha
  • Options
    When i did it i was level 81 and had all g10 except chopper. All omegas.
    Be prepared to try it a lot as the RNG has to be in your favor but you should be able to get it.
    Took me about 20 tries.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Ezra is key for high gear as he's the damage-dealer. Potency on Zeb. High health/protection on Kanan. Tons of speed on Ezra too, as much as you can get on everyone else.

Basically it's RNG if you're G8. Each level above just reduces. I'm aiming for about the same. 10 Ezra and 8's elsewhere unless I can spare some extras.
  • Options
    So far Ezra's G10, Hera, Chopper and Kannan are G9 and Zeb G8. I can fairly easily take Hera or Kannan up to G10. Don't think I could do both too easily.

I could make Zeb faster but I'd loose some potency switching mods up. Omegas are on all basics and uniques (except Chopper as his unique omega unlocks at LVL 82).

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Chopper's unique is a Zeta, not an Omega.
  • Options
    I got a 7 star thrawn on my first attempt with gear 8's for everyone except Ezra and average mods. Maybe I got lucky but I don't think the event was that hard
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Pretty much what all the events say. Level 80, G8.

Anything above that plus mods that weren't chosen by a blind, inebriated, handicapped, 3-fingered monkey will make it easier than just RNG-dependent.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Chopper's unique is a Zeta, not an Omega.

Sorry lad, but you’re wrong, chopper is an omega, he has no zeta skills currently
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My mistake, I was under the impression that abilities above level 80 required zetas, much like the rest of Phoenix. I apologise.

So far Chopper and Boba are the only characters I've found with an Omega with greater than Level 80 requirement.
  • Options
    No worries, There is no set rule for omega versus zeta on a skill, it’s more how/when a char was released, and how the devs felt like rating the level eight skill
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Also specifically says when you click on zetas that they're for abilities above level 80.

Kind of an odd choice then by the developers.
  • Options
    Well, I'm now level 82 with Chop's unique Omega'd and no need for zeta mats :wink:

I've got Hera, Ezra and Kanan all at G10, Chop at G9 and Zeb still on G8. I'm aiming to get zeb up to G9 and then pretty much leave Phoneix there for a bit (I'll level them as I level; obviously). I think that should be good enough for 7* Thrawn.
  • Options
    That is about what I have and I am just going to hoard gear in case I need it but not equip it if I don't have too
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    That will be more than enough.
  • Options
    Can I get 7* Thrawn Easily?
    All 7*
    All 82
    All Uniques Omega’d
    All Other Omega’s except Chopper’s Cantankerous Clanker
    Ezra/Kanan Gear 8, Hera/Zeb/Chopper Gear 10
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yes, Ezra @ G9 would help deal damage but it's above everything I've read on here.
  • Options
    I did Ezra at G10 (no omega), Chop at G9 (omega on taunt), and Hera Zeb Kanan at G8 (omega on unique/lead), and a lot of RNG. Good Mods matter too.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    I'll be looking at 6* this time around by the looks of things.

Ezra might be IX shortly.

No way I can get to 80 in time, never mind level them all that far.

Mods are OK. Two speed primaries on zeb and Ezra respectively and a smattering of secondaries on everybody else.

Oh well a 6* will be good enough for the time being. Not like I can get him useful for a while anyway, much like R2 (kinda wish Palp was before him really)..

Not worth a phone trying 7* I think.....
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    My mistake, I was under the impression that abilities above level 80 required zetas, much like the rest of Phoenix. I apologise.

So far Chopper and Boba are the only characters I've found with an Omega with greater than Level 80 requirement.

ATF's unique omega needs lvl 82. Sion's Held By Hatred omega needs lvl 82. Dengar's leader omega needs lvl 82. Qi'ra's leader omega needs lvl 84.