Zader Heroic Rancor HELP.

Replies

• TK626 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help guys..Soloed it in 12 min on auto with Zader Zalp TFP Tarkin Thrawn

I have a similar team i could field until I get Jyn to 7*. Currently i run Zader, TFP, Tarkin, Thrawn, and Teebo. I've been throwing around the idea of swapping out Tarkin for FOO because his TMR seems more consistent for an auto team. My main issue now is, it takes 39 minutes to complete it on manual and i'm afraid to auto it. But if the above team will do it on auto, that would be great. Were there any close calls in any of the phases? Some manual the side piggies on P1 before hitting auto, did you? Do you see this as a consistent auto team?

Why be afraid? Keep Tarkin he is worth way more then foo, amd try it out. Worst that happens is it doesn’t work and you dont get a 10,304 score for one raid, but that being said, it should auto no problem. As for the guards. I imagine it’s your call whether you take one or two out then hit auto, I just hit auto when I used to use a zVader comp . If your squad is a little on the lower side might be best to clear out the guards then hit auto .
  • TK626 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help guys..Soloed it in 12 min on auto with Zader Zalp TFP Tarkin Thrawn

I have a similar team i could field until I get Jyn to 7*. Currently i run Zader, TFP, Tarkin, Thrawn, and Teebo. I've been throwing around the idea of swapping out Tarkin for FOO because his TMR seems more consistent for an auto team. My main issue now is, it takes 39 minutes to complete it on manual and i'm afraid to auto it. But if the above team will do it on auto, that would be great. Were there any close calls in any of the phases? Some manual the side piggies on P1 before hitting auto, did you? Do you see this as a consistent auto team?

I did not manual the Pigs..As to the consistancy of this auto team..I would think so..but time will tell.. I will probably try it a couple more times until I get Han 7*...but will airplane mode it and post when it closes so everyone can hit( usually 15 min). The rancor did not get a turn in P2 but did get a handful in P3.and 4. At one point TFP was down to a sliver of health and I almost took auto off..but Thrawn threw him protection with the AI. One thing I was surprised at is out of the 7-10 total turns the Rancor had a few of them had a cooldown of 0 and yet he didn't eat anyone. I don't know enough about the mechanics to determine if tenacity down affects his choice of attacks or if there is another dynamic. Either way it was fun..and you should definitely try the auto. To me the Rancor can be soloed by so many teams and is sort of passe so the idea of grinding it out on manual for 45 min just sounds terrible. Give it a whirl on auto and you will probably surprise yourself.
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    Thanks for the input. Our guild is less strict, we just join for 24 hours with the new join feature, and then it's a free for all. Usually there are 3 of us that solo it right now, although a few more probably could if they wanted to. Normally we get the random selection for the top 3 that can solo it, so that kind of stinks, I like to be #1, who doesn't? The 4th place member does about 4-4.5M, so even if I could get that on auto for 12 minutes or so and come in 3rd, that might be acceptable. I already have Raid Han to 7*, but I like the gear you get at the top, especially when they give a full piece of gear. I also was looking at some stuff about the different all empire teams for soloing the rancor and saw someone complain that death trooper didn't seem to work very well for Rancor and someone responded that he's awful, and that you can run the team with just zader, Thrawn, TFP, and Tarkin and leave out the 5th toon. He claims he can auto it with just those 4, so that seems promising.

I have another zeta coming up soon, that I was thinking of saving for when I get CLS, likely in July based on the timing of previous events, but I also thought of throwing it on Thrawn's Ebb & Flow. Does the 15% turn meter reduction part work on the rancor when an Empire toon uses a special? I cannot find a definitive answer.
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    Here is my squad, hoping the speed is enough

https://swgoh.gg/u/redduck21502/squads/56173/
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    Last night I used the Zader, Thrawn, EP, Tarkin, TFP team to solo the rancor on auto. It is true that it can be done in 12 minutes, but I don't know about the consistency yet. The Rancor gets quite a few hits in with this team because TMR isn't great. I think Jyn in place of EP will add consistency one day for my team. I still may throw FOO into the mix instead of EP and try it sometime until i get the 7th star on Jyn. It is quite a spectacle to watch on auto though, i have never seen P1 go so fast, i think it was 1-2 minutes before it was over. P2 was a little longer with a few Rancor hits that were easily recovered from. P3 was more nerve racking with a few more Rancor hits, I think EP went down to red before he did the health ability. P4 it all unraveled with quite a few more strikes from the Rancor, his resistance to TMR was a bit much, probably because the Culling Blade kept removing Tenacity Down. Then about 50% through, i lost TFP, and at about 20% EP went down. Amid the heckling of my son, who is doing his Teebo(L), Jyn, Rex, QGJ, and CLS at the same time (slowly and more consistently), Zader's Culling Blade did some great damage, applied more DoTs, almost died, and then the final Culling Blade to defeat the Rancor.
    I'm not sure if I'd recommend EP on the team after just one try, my son thinks i had good RNG, I think i had enough tenacity down and potency, but i guess a few more tries will determine whether it's a consistent team or not for me.
    I should have enough material for a zeta tonight, I don't see anything on my current Empire team that could help with Rancor. After reading Vader's No Escape, and Thrawn's Ebb & Flow, i realized that i already have the speed for Vader and the TMR for Thrawn, so the additional parts of the zetas don't seem to help. So i suppose it's going to be up to better Mods or more gear.
    Hopefully this will be helpful to someone else looking for an all Empire Rancor Auto Solo.

hm0g8bxpgllm.jpg
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    TK626 wrote: »
    Last night I used the Zader, Thrawn, EP, Tarkin, TFP team to solo the rancor on auto. It is true that it can be done in 12 minutes, but I don't know about the consistency yet. The Rancor gets quite a few hits in with this team because TMR isn't great. I think Jyn in place of EP will add consistency one day for my team. I still may throw FOO into the mix instead of EP and try it sometime until i get the 7th star on Jyn. It is quite a spectacle to watch on auto though, i have never seen P1 go so fast, i think it was 1-2 minutes before it was over. P2 was a little longer with a few Rancor hits that were easily recovered from. P3 was more nerve racking with a few more Rancor hits, I think EP went down to red before he did the health ability. P4 it all unraveled with quite a few more strikes from the Rancor, his resistance to TMR was a bit much, probably because the Culling Blade kept removing Tenacity Down. Then about 50% through, i lost TFP, and at about 20% EP went down. Amid the heckling of my son, who is doing his Teebo(L), Jyn, Rex, QGJ, and CLS at the same time (slowly and more consistently), Zader's Culling Blade did some great damage, applied more DoTs, almost died, and then the final Culling Blade to defeat the Rancor.
    I'm not sure if I'd recommend EP on the team after just one try, my son thinks i had good RNG, I think i had enough tenacity down and potency, but i guess a few more tries will determine whether it's a consistent team or not for me.
    I should have enough material for a zeta tonight, I don't see anything on my current Empire team that could help with Rancor. After reading Vader's No Escape, and Thrawn's Ebb & Flow, i realized that i already have the speed for Vader and the TMR for Thrawn, so the additional parts of the zetas don't seem to help. So i suppose it's going to be up to better Mods or more gear.
    Hopefully this will be helpful to someone else looking for an all Empire Rancor Auto Solo.

Foo is very fast and one of his specials drops the rancor TM quite a bit..... Combined with FOX he is really deadly....... Heck, why not just use FO and get it over with?.....

opymx787xmns.jpg

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    @BubbaFett

What is your stats for that First Order team? I have most of the pieces for it and would love to get it together for a Solo Pit.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    @Vendi1983

Overall team GP is 79,733.... But I was soloing around 75k

Kru is g12, everyone else is g10.... Zeta on Kru lead.... All abilities are maxed except the other Zetas....

Slowest on the team is fox at 173, fastest is foo at 223.... Keep in mind that the Kru lead adds 30 speed on top of that.....
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    @BubbaFett

Thanks!
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

Foo is very fast and one of his specials drops the rancor TM quite a bit..... Combined with FOX he is really deadly....... Heck, why not just use FO and get it over with?.....

opymx787xmns.jpg

I'm not there yet with First Order. I only 5* BB-8 because my FO team was lacking. I only have 7* Kylo Ren, Kylo Ren Unmasked, FOO, and Phasma. My 5th right now is SF TFP at 5*; so I'd have a way to go to farm FOX. Currently I'm farming the Veteran Smugglers in Cantina nodes since they are such a looooong farm at 16 energy. I don't know if I want to deviate and farm FOX at this point.
    How fast is that solo? I assume on auto?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

opymx787xmns.jpg

I'm not there yet with First Order. I only 5* BB-8 because my FO team was lacking. I only have 7* Kylo Ren, Kylo Ren Unmasked, FOO, and Phasma. My 5th right now is SF TFP at 5*; so I'd have a way to go to farm FOX. Currently I'm farming the Veteran Smugglers in Cantina nodes since they are such a looooong farm at 16 energy. I don't know if I want to deviate and farm FOX at this point.

12 minutes on auto.....
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    I forgot to list my gear and stats for anyone looking for those things; I know I linked to swgoh.gg, but everything changes when you sync, so this will give more of a static idea of what the team has. I'm listing Gear, Speed (mod speed), and Potency; potency and speed seem to be the most important for this team (most teams for rancor really) :

Zader(L): G12, Speed 186 (65), Potency 46.34%
    Thrawn: G10, Speed 153 (3), Potency 38.28%
    Tarkin: G10, Speed 198 (70), Potency 54.41%
    TFP: G11, Speed 224 (54), Potency 73.68%
    Palp: G11, Speed 167 (45), Potency 81%

A lot of my mods are health mods since they give those out with the Marque Events and the mod challenges. I did start farming potency mods because Empire seems to need that and speed. My basic plan was to make them fast and then I focused on potency. I know everyone says not to worry about it because of TFP, but with Culling Blade, this team seems to lose it all the time, so I like a backup in potency.

@xXStR8_OwNiNXx, I didn't mean to try to hijack your thread, but I was just trying to find some info for my team that was so similar to yours, and since I've had such a time finding info on this team's viability in the raid, I thought it would be helpful to other people trying to figure things out if I also posted some info too.
  • TK626
    29 posts Member

opymx787xmns.jpg

12 minutes on auto.....

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I have a friend that is building a First Order team for arena with KRU zeta lead, Kylo Ren, and FOO at 7 stars, Phasma at 5, but now I am hoping I can persuade him to farm FOX, FOO to solo the raid too.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

opymx787xmns.jpg

12 minutes on auto.....

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I have a friend that is building a First Order team for arena with KRU zeta lead, Kylo Ren, and FOO at 7 stars, Phasma at 5, but now I am hoping I can persuade him to farm FOX, FOO to solo the raid too.

No problem..... The beauty of fox is that he is a really easy farm..... 8 energy Cantina...
  • So I realize this question is so 2017, but before I get rHan to 7* (64/100) and let other guildies take top spots, I was hoping to Solo this thing. Preferably Auto. Some of the popular characters I don't have to solo with at 7 * are Jyn, CLS, Rex, Teebo, Bistan. Here's what I do have.. Can anyone suggest the appropriate combo? Thanks in advance

Zader glv 12 speed 171
    ZPalp glv 10 speed 170
    TFP glv 11 speed 217
    Tarkin glv 12 speed 204
    Thrawn glv 10 speed 192
    FOO glv 10 speed 190
    Magma glv 8 speed 157

All abilities are maxed with multiple omegas

You need a lot more speed on your vader. Helps tremendously.
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    Still using my all Empire team, have solo'd 3 in a row. Although the last one, I was watching Palp take damage at one point, so I turned off auto so that I could do the health thing he does because the AI wasn't doing it. Then I switched turn meter using Thrawn because it gave him protection back. Then I started it back up again. The same thing happened to TFP, so I manual'd it until I could do the same for him. Once they were back up, I hit auto for the rest of P4 and finished it just about as quick but nobody died. So that may be more acceptable than wondering about consistency.

I have a question for those with experience. I plan on getting CLS this week and doing my best to level him up and everything. Would he be a better swap out for TFP? His 2nd ability removes 100% TMR and adds Tenacity Down, which TD is the main reason for TFP. But CLS adds extra TMR. His primary adds speed down and defense down, if he already has speed down, he removes 30% TMR, so if Vader already has the DD on the rancor, assuming he hasn't done Culling Blade, CLS removes some TMR. Call to Action gives him 100% TMR. I know TFP benefits from Zader's TMR leadership, but I think CLS would outweigh that. The only difference may be the amount of damage TFP does. My last raid, TFP did 1.7M damage, but I suspect CLS would not do that much. Technically I could trade CLS in for Palp, since he doesn't really add much to the team except for the Zader TMR chance. He does less damage than TFP for me.
  • I would drop ep for cls for now. That will work well and should help ensure consistent auto solos, mainly cuz your ep is slow, and tie is faster, plus hits a lot harder.

• thomssi
    526 posts Member
    CLS should be in for EP as above. If not then Sidious is better than EP as well, lots of DoTs = more damage. Bistan and Jyn work well as they consistently land a lot of TM reduction outside of zVaders lead even without TFP and his tenacity down.

Someone mentioned Teebo. Nope. Teebo needs to be lead or stealthed (which means R2 if he isn't lead) for his TM reduction to work. As a second tier squad he did ok but you are never going to auto it with him.
  • Vader Lead GS11 NO Zeta needed, Thrawn GS10, Tarkin GS 11, BB-8 GS10, CLS GS12 Zeta it binds and geared for potency. I’ve soloed it on auto every time since Jan this year.
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    thomssi wrote: »
    CLS should be in for EP as above. If not then Sidious is better than EP as well, lots of DoTs = more damage. Bistan and Jyn work well as they consistently land a lot of TM reduction outside of zVaders lead even without TFP and his tenacity down.

Someone mentioned Teebo. Nope. Teebo needs to be lead or stealthed (which means R2 if he isn't lead) for his TM reduction to work. As a second tier squad he did ok but you are never going to auto it with him.

Thanks. As soon as I get CLS to 7 and the level/gear/abilities up, I’ll drop EP. I’ve saved some credits, and lots of ability material including enough zeta mats for a zeta.

Jyn is still at about 47/100 untiI drop her in. I have her gear up to 9 or 10 and abilities to 7 as well as some mods.
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    I got my CLS, geared him to 8 so far, put some decent mods on him, and increased all of his abilities to around 7, except for the leadership ability, and put a zeta on It Binds All Things. So at G8, will he survive the Rancor Raid with Zader(l), Thrawn, TFP, and Tarkin? I may give it a shot tomorrow night if a raid starts in my guild. I suffered my first defeat with the all Empire team, i lost TFP towards the end of P3 and it was downhill from there.
  • @TK626 Dont worry.. you are not hijacking my thread. I'm just glad there is a relevant HPit thread for people that are six months into the game like me and are asking these questions. I do have an update for my team as I swapped some mods around so I'm hoping I can auto solo in under 12 min now. Also..I've got my CLS so I'm going to sub him in for Palp. His movements are slow and deliberate however so it may actually slow this thing down.

Current team:

Zader glv12. Speed 188 (still slow)
    TFP glv 11. Speed. 218
    Tark glv 12. Speed. 191
    Thrawn glv 11 Speed 218
    Palp glv 10 Speed 201

CLS (for Palp) glv9. Speed 202

I'll update the auto time.
  • ip0jfyjgg2it.png
    I’ve been using this Empire TM Control Team under Zader since before CLS came around.
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    lle8gcf3ea9o.jpeg
    CLS adds a LOT of consistency to the Zader team. I just put him in at G9 with a zeta on It Binds All Things, Level 7 Destined Strike, Call to Action, Learn Control, and level 8 Use the Force. His speed is only 200. I finished on 11.5 minutes with him replacing Palpatine. CLS did take some hits and get knocked down on health, but he regenrated health. Apparently one of the other omega abilities regains protection so that should solidify the consistency. I was just happy to hit auto and not wonder who was going to die. CLS adding some of the same debuffs as TFP and Vader really helped. And his TMR is way better than the Zader leadership TMR that EP provided.
    So when you add him to the mix, it will be fast and consistent. Your Vader is faster than mine and he does fine. Your gear is better than mine also

Currently:
    Zader G12 186
    CLS G9 200
    Thrawn G10 157
    TFP G11 228
    Tarkin G10 198

I’ve read that Thrawn should be super fast in arena but super slow in Rancor, but if you use him in both, who wants to shift around mods all the time? We are averaging a raid ever other day so i leave my Thrawn slow, which is probably why I’m dropping in arena.
    If I wasn’t enjoying the CLS team now, I’d love to try FOO on the team over CLS just to see if his TMR would help better than Palp also. Now I don’t know if I care about Jyn who I have at like 56/100 and modded for Rancor already. I think she would slow the team down
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    However Jyn omega'd steals the turn meter for herself. I foresee it wouldn't work as well on auto because it'll do truncheon strike whenever it wants.
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    So my son was watching me play, this time without the snickering and heckling(I AirPlay it from my iPhone to the apple tv) and he was commenting on the rancor 'resisting' the TMR on CLS's primary attack. Then I was going through what I need to add omegas on him when I get more material and I don't even have the omega on his primary that reduces TMR also. So I suspect the rancor would not go near as much if he was using that ability more frequently and reducing TM more frequently. But I plan to do the one that lets him gain protection back since I know I can get through it even without that TMR on the primary.

That's good to know Vendi1983, I guess I can use Jyn in HAAT or TW or something. But I do think I've seen a Zader team with Jyn where my CLS is slotted, perhaps it wasn't on auto though.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Mainly I meant if you're running it manually you can time it so Jyn basically steals herself a full turn at just the right time, over 75% TM on Rancor for example.
  • @TK626 , slow thrawn for rancor is old news, fast thrawn works very well,
  • Did it tonight with CLS in the mix instead of Palp..Just over 12 min but and the Rancor took 4 turns in p4 but didn't scratch protection. Got my rHan to 7* after so probably won't be soloing much to let some other guys get the 10 shards. Although I currently airplane mode it and give the guys an hour before I post it still seems like they will appreciate more shards and honestly the reward drops seem kind of random anyway. I WILL however revisit when this team is maxed and +120 speed to see just how quickly the guys can do it. I dub the the Father/Son hPit solo squad.
  • TK626
    29 posts Member
    Did it tonight with CLS in the mix instead of Palp..Just over 12 min but and the Rancor took 4 turns in p4 but didn't scratch protection. Got my rHan to 7* after so probably won't be soloing much to let some other guys get the 10 shards. Although I currently airplane mode it and give the guys an hour before I post it still seems like they will appreciate more shards and honestly the reward drops seem kind of random anyway. I WILL however revisit when this team is maxed and +120 speed to see just how quickly the guys can do it. I dub the the Father/Son hPit solo squad.

I like to think that continuing to solo the rancor encourages others to raise up a team to get to the top. Although most of my guild are happy with the gear and shards they get just for joining. We've gone to a 24 hour join period so we don't have to do 0 damage and we have a lot more people getting on the leaderboard. Plus the officers set it to start anytime we have enough tickets so one starts every other day. I think most of the guild probably are very happy with so many raids happening. I know when I started doing the raid, i'd maybe make the top 10 and slowly earned shards for raid Han, but I found that finally getting a solo rancor team comes at the same time or after 7 starring Han, so it seems a shame to stop soloing as a personal reward. It's also nice since we start at 8pm Eastern, that we get rewards at 9:12 pm.

@GhostTruckin
    I guess i'll look into speeding up Thrawn when I get a chance if speed is good for Rancor. I've been low on mods with speed, especially arrows with a speed primary, so since I read slow Thrawn for Rancor, I made sure the rest of the team had speed. Thanks for the tip.