Bored of Sith. Minimum to switch to JTR+Holdo?

Prev13
VonZant
3843 posts Member
edited June 2018
Im running Nightmare right now. Hover between 30-70 range. I have 4+ 100-110 speed arena sets. Kinda bored of them and and thinking that AOE daze from Holdo might be fun and help knock out the teams that are faster than me.

Have G11 JTR with leadership zeta. I can run Scav Rey BB, R2 and 5* g11 Holdo. My Scav Rey is g9 but can get to 10. No other zetas.

If I swap my arena sets and spend 2 zetas can I hold in same range? Moving up would just be a bonus. And which 2 zetas?

R2 NC for sure. Question is Holdo Unique or BB RWTP?

Literally none of the top 50 teams run Holdo with JTR and Im thinking she will give me a big advantage. If she gets fractured Id just soft taunt JTR with R2.

I can run Thrawn if necessary but I think beating JTR teams with no tank is kinda easy.

Would love thoughts from everyone but would really like to hear from someone that runs Holdo.

Replies

• TVF
    36573 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Sorry I don't run Holdo (kinda curious myself) but I wouldn't run ScavRey. Too easy to kill right away and makes you a target.

FWIW there's someone in the top of my shard that runs Holdo and Poe. Must work well on offense, but Poe's dead weight on defense. Immediate ability block (or fracture if ability block fails) and he's useless.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Im running Nightmare right now. Hover between 30-70 range. I have 4+ 100-110 speed arena sets. Kinda bored of them and and thinking that AOE daze from Holdo might be fun and help knock out the teams that are faster than me.

Have G11 JTR with leadership zeta. I can run Scav Rey BB, R2 and 5* g11 Holdo. My Scav Rey is g9 but can get to 10. No other zetas.

If I swap my arena sets and spend 2 zetas can I hold in same range? Moving up would just be a bonus. And which 2 zetas?

R2 NC for sure. Question is Holdo Unique or BB RWTP?

Literally none of the top 50 teams run Holdo with JTR and Im thinking she will give me a big advantage. If she gets fractured Id just soft taunt JTR with R2.

I can run Thrawn if necessary but I think beating JTR teams with no tank is kinda easy.

Would love thoughts from everyone but would really like to hear from someone that runs Holdo.

in my arena one use jtr with holdo and rey scavenger...but maxed and full zetas...very strong but zpalp destroy him
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    Run RJT, Holdo and Resistance Trooper. Very easy to beat these EP lead teams. If you run this team no one will ever get fractured. Just mind trick thrawn first.

G11 Holdo is fine.

RWTP zeta before Holdo in my book.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    The ideal rey team right now is RJT,r2,bb8,thrawn,general kenobi(fracture fodder)this team can beat almost any emperor lead team even some with scion as long as you use your turns wisely.No team is really good on defense..Im gearing,starring up both holdo and rose as we speak to see where they stand.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    jjkriv wrote: »
    The ideal rey team right now is RJT,r2,bb8,thrawn,general kenobi(fracture fodder)this team can beat almost any emperor lead team even some with scion as long as you use your turns wisely.No team is really good on defense..Im gearing,starring up both holdo and rose as we speak to see where they stand.

Yeah that is the JTR team i see in my shard. I just want to use Holdo because no one else does. Im warped I guess.
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    So I’m not a fan of that as Thrawn and GK sit at the back and don’t do anything. Trooper and Holdo does much better of defense vs EP, its rare for me to fall outside top 20.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    WB50 wrote: »
    So I’m not a fan of that as Thrawn and GK sit at the back and don’t do anything. Trooper and Holdo does much better of defense vs EP, its rare for me to fall outside top 20.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    You can also get crafty and try enfys out,her basic gives expose and shes a thrawn counter.I think rose can be something depending on her health/protection.
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    No problem. Check out my mods if you like, I’m WB50 in SWGOH.gg

Rose works fine, I have her maxed with a zeta, RT just moves quicker and hits harder so good against current meta. Rose has more health and protection and a bit more utility/ control. Ive face Enfys teams, still find Holdo goes first.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    JTR - Nest - Holdo - R2 - BB8 is probably the best team right now but the team you're proposing would work as well, you might as well G12 RP and Scav Rey since you'll need them in HSTR anyway.

• I actually run JTR, BB 8, Holdo, Nest, and R2 in my arena. Very strong team. I can get to the one spot when I make a strong push. I tend to think Holdo is very underrated.
  • You need holdo to 7*. She's squishy before that.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    @WB50 are you beating Traya teams?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    @WB50 are you beating Traya teams?

He probably is. JTR teams (especially good ones running a strong Holdo/RT) can beat Traya teams on offense. My Traya team even lost once to one on defense (but that was one that was all 7*/g12 - including Holdo). But there are other JTRey teams that climb through our Traya-invested top 10 pretty regularly. Most are very easy to beat when they are on defense though.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    I'm running GK Thrawn as my +2 and haven't beat Traya. Of course I stopped trying after a few times so it's a small sample size.
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    @TVF yes. Both as a leader and under EP. I did a video of it earlier which I’ll post at some point.
  • Viable on offense but nothing is absolutely unbeatable on defense so JTR Holdo is a good arena team
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Very nice! My RT is G12 but no pieces, and my Holdo is terrible. :(
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    jjkriv wrote: »

Yeah that is the JTR team i see in my shard. I just want to use Holdo because no one else does. Im warped I guess.

You’re not the only one. I’ve got her to g11, but farming the one hard node is slow-going. Haven’t started using her in arena yet, though. Want more potency and speed first. As is, I have one or the other, but not both in one set.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Mine is 5* G11 right now and has 78k HP. Her base potency is like 2% so I gave her a potency cross and one set. I think her base speed is crazy slow though without her bonus.

@wb50 Thanks for the video. Do you mind telling us her speed and HP levels?
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    @VonZant 117.3k hp and 197 speed.

You’re right on the potency front. It’s horrendous, I was actually looking earlier at it. You do get the secret intel potency bump if you’re lucky enough for it to land on her
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Hey peeps. :smile:
    Can Holdo be substituted by Wampa G12?
    Post edited by ddlooping2 on
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Mine is 5* G11 right now and has 78k HP. Her base potency is like 2% so I gave her a potency cross and one set. I think her base speed is crazy slow though without her bonus.

@wb50 Thanks for the video. Do you mind telling us her speed and HP levels?

So run potency set instead of speed?
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Hey peeps. :smile:
    Can Holdo be substituted by Wampa G12?

Not really. Wampa doesn't gain TM from JTR lead. Only Resistance does. He will hardly get a turn.
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    I don’t like non resistance on JTR teams. They don’t add much, even droids after their first turn. Chopper was good before EP rework though.
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    @Empiric1 potency cross probably best but I do ok without it. You’ll see in the vid above though that Holdo’s daze didn’t land on DN so he got a turn straight away.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Curse your black heart @WB50 now you've convinced me to farm and gear Holdo, when I already have so many other projects. ;)
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    Well worth it mate. I won’t convince you to farm and gear Rose, Trooper is better!

Holdo is actually quite an easy gear for a tank.