New Territory Battle Speculation

I think the next TB will be Geonosis. It will give them a chance to rework both Jedi and Separatist factions and potentially introduce Jango or Padme. Thoughts?

Replies

• Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Yeah, it's been said before. Pretty solid idea.
  • They could also do Crait or something for FO and resistance.

The only problem with more TB’s is getting the exclusive shards like ROLO and IPD. They would come every six or eight weeks which is going to make it harder for a lot of people to get them to seven stars.

The only problem with more TB’s is getting the exclusive shards like ROLO and IPD. They would come every six or eight weeks which is going to make it harder for a lot of people to get them to seven stars.

Tbh, I would love to see a continuous flow of TW and TB with no gaps. If they did that they could add another TB without interrupting the current flow
  • I think the next TB will be Geonosis. It will give them a chance to rework both Jedi and Separatist factions and potentially introduce Jango or Padme. Thoughts?

It would be a fun way of earning a new Jedi toon!
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    I think the next TB will be Geonosis. It will give them a chance to rework both Jedi and Separatist factions and potentially introduce Jango or Padme. Thoughts?

It would be a fun way of earning a new Jedi toon!

... yeah, and as a Jedi , he would hit like a wet noodle...
  • More like a clone and geo rework.
  • And jedi too :)
  • Be perfect for the long awaited Greivous rework. Which has been on "the calendar" for a while now.

Since my move to a bigger guild I now care about TW and TB.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    They could also do Crait or something for FO and resistance.

Tbh, I would love to see a continuous flow of TW and TB with no gaps. If they did that they could add another TB without interrupting the current flow

Why? You don’t have a job or a family you need to spend some time with?
  • Vorgen wrote: »

Personally I'd prefer if there was only 1 TW with double rewards in between TBs instead of two

They'd probably just double the drop on the shards again to make up for any potential losses
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Vorgen wrote: »

TB doesn’t take a lot of time. For the most part, I auto says 1-4. Days 5 and 6 I will make sure I get max waves completed and deploy.

TW takes more time because you’re constantly checking to see if a new area has opened up yet, going through the opponent’s teams to find the ones you can beat, and playing the matches.

Outside of that, almost everything is simable. Raids are on farm. Arena is fairly easy. I wouldn’t mind things constantly running.
  • DarthTaral
    362 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Yeah here is a thought this game doesn't need the galaxies most notorious dead beat dad (Jango Fett) in it. When you consider the fact that there's already five Jango Fett's in the game. I do agree though that the Separatist and the Jedi need major reworks.
  • DarthTaral wrote: »

Yeah here is a thought this game doesn't need the galaxies most notorious dead beat dad (Jango Fett) in it. When you consider the fact that there's already five Jango Fett's in the game. I do agree though that the Separatist and the Jedi need major reworks.
    There are 6 clones, 5 Troopers and Boba.

Actually, I’m happily married and have a successful career as a sales manager.
  • Fairly sure next TB will be poorly tested and also manage to cater to the top 1% of players - however they decide to dress it up will be pretty insubstantial.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • While I'm sure I'd love to play this game more, I don't think my family would feel the same way. Also as the person who oversees TBs for my guild, it's definitely more time-intensive than 'auto phases 1-4 and then play some battles in 5 & 6'. I have to figure out what platoons we can/can't fill, how much we need to deploy where etc even before anyone starts playing the phases and then have to look to see who hasn't deployed what toons, who's deployed in the wrong place so we can't fill those platoons after all, what % of guild deployments are going into the right areas etc. I don't think I could do that three times a month.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    While I'm sure I'd love to play this game more, I don't think my family would feel the same way. Also as the person who oversees TBs for my guild, it's definitely more time-intensive than 'auto phases 1-4 and then play some battles in 5 & 6'. I have to figure out what platoons we can/can't fill, how much we need to deploy where etc even before anyone starts playing the phases and then have to look to see who hasn't deployed what toons, who's deployed in the wrong place so we can't fill those platoons after all, what % of guild deployments are going into the right areas etc. I don't think I could do that three times a month.

I did that, too. Just tell everyone to whale out then you don’t have to worry about not filling platoons.

Seriously, though, there are tools to help. I’m not sure what you mean by people deploying in the wrong place since my people knew they couldn’t deploy until I said so. Do you mean people placing toons in the wrong platoons? That is quite annoying. I used to have a guy who had all of the hard to get toons reach his max on platoons before he’d place those toons and we’d miss out on filling that platoon and getting the rewards. Anyway, getting your people to follow commands and to wait until commands are given is huge. Your job will become way easier when you do that.
  • c1ever_pun wrote: »

They'd probably just double the drop on the shards again to make up for any potential losses

This makes total sense. No loss by adding new ones except GET for the new toons. But they could just increase the rewards to compensate, if it became a problem.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I would love to see a Kashyk territory battle. Get some new Wookiee’s, rework clones and jedi, plus all those Separatist droids. I think it could be a fun TB
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I'd like Geonosis or Naboo, personally. Probably Geonosis, since that would give Separatists, Clones, and Jedi a chance to shine, while Naboo would need a whole bunch of new characters and factions introduced.
    Crait would be cool, but it was just one sector. I think it'd work better as a Territory War (I know, I know, I feel like Wars and Battles should have their names reversed), but then there's already Jakku. Maybe Jakku should just be reskinned as Crait.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    While I'm sure I'd love to play this game more, I don't think my family would feel the same way. Also as the person who oversees TBs for my guild, it's definitely more time-intensive than 'auto phases 1-4 and then play some battles in 5 & 6'. I have to figure out what platoons we can/can't fill, how much we need to deploy where etc even before anyone starts playing the phases and then have to look to see who hasn't deployed what toons, who's deployed in the wrong place so we can't fill those platoons after all, what % of guild deployments are going into the right areas etc. I don't think I could do that three times a month.

Delegate
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    c1ever_pun wrote: »

i agree they would do that, in fact they already did once darkside battles can into effect, they doubled the ROLO shards and IPD shards. with another 2 or 4 factions i imagine a 2-4 shard increase on all the toons to make up for a once every 2-3 month apperence
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

I get what you’re saying, but we hit on a great answer: Stop caring so much! :) Everyone does what they can for platoons and combat missions, then deploys en masse. It takes each of us about 20 minutes, which is a bit, but not that bad since it gets done at your convenience instead of around a set, specified schedule.

No joke, but being more casual is one of the most important recommendations I can give anyone in this game.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Uhm, it’s at most 5 battles a day? I hate doing them, but let’s not act like this is some huge time consuming thing. It’s a very small percent of the time everyone spends here.

It seems silly to not want an additional TB if the rewards are pure extra. You can have the whole guild just auto and deploy and spend almost no time and still get 80% of the rewards.
  • Emguy
    263 posts Member
    New Naboo TB so they can introduce ya boi Jar Jar
  • I’d love to see the Battle of Geonosis added as a TB or a TW.
    Battle of Naboo would be cool to add new Naboo forces like Captain Tanaka, Captain Tarpils, and General JarJar :s
    Battle of Endor would also be a good addition.

Personally I'd prefer if there was only 1 TW with double rewards in between TBs instead of two

This one. I wish they did TB, 1 TW with no registration period (just auto included all guild members) and you used the first 24 hours to set defense, second 24 hour for offense and then right into another TB.

I think a lot of the anxiety of TW comes from the wait, sprint, overlap between events, and then doing it all over again. TBs are low time commitment and high engagement. Especially if they were running 3 or 4 different variations.