FO storm trooper and HAN storm trooper relevance.

Has anyone gone for either of these and is it wven worth?
I know from personal experience having the wookies taunt allows for my glass cannons to do work. And the fact that FO trooper has counter and speed slowing and taunt I find him to be like as useful as fives. Let's hear your input

Replies

• Options
    My first order storm trooper is 2* level 40 right now. It doesn't get used. I'm saving training droids and $$ for new characters. Storm trooper Han is kinda weak, even at level 60.
  • Options
    I'll have ST Han at 7* tomorrow. More useless than Chewie because he can't selfheal. But it's Han, so had to do it.
  • Rutank
    409 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I'll have ST Han at 7* tomorrow. More useless than Chewie because he can't selfheal. But it's Han, so had to do it.
    He doesn't have anything amazing about him? Chewie on my squad is all about taking a turn from the enemy teams full dps. Healing is always out of the question bc everyone runs a sidious and I have no de spell. So basically it's a turn that I have with more people for me to nuke down lum, Sid, or someone else with a lot of dps while chewie takes all the dmg. Very rarely does chewie survive a single bout of a high damage enemy team but it gives me time to recover my dps hp from the enemies initial dooku and luminara and sids aoe first initial attack on my team.
  • Options
    I hate stormtrooper han in pvp. His taunt lasts two rounds so those 3x healer, han, dps teams are really rough
  • Options
    Running Han with Ackbar is great. His 2 turn taunt guarantees most of the time he will have negative effects and Ackbars heal works off that. Another healer is a must too though. Between Han and Ackbar turn meters will give you the damage output
  • Options
    Well now I have Poe, who would have predicted a free 2 turn expose and turn down taunt character for free. I personally only use him bc my chewie was 100% just pincushion. This expose and turn removal make him a much better tank in my eyes than chewie and since I had no investment into him he's going to take the lead.
  • Options
    Rutank wrote: »
    Well now I have Poe, who would have predicted a free 2 turn expose and turn down taunt character for free. I personally only use him bc my chewie was 100% just pincushion. This expose and turn removal make him a much better tank in my eyes than chewie and since I had no investment into him he's going to take the lead.
    Is he sturdy enough to qualify a tank? I have just leveled him up but not yet geared. I will very likely to replace him in arena if he can stand a few shot!

• Options
    Is he sturdy enough to qualify a tank? I have just leveled him up but not yet geared. I will very likely to replace him in arena if he can stand a few shot!

Oh absolutely he's a tank. He replaced my chewie today and chew is 4*. He's actually pretty great with tenacity and I might start using Luke as my leader after I saw how good he resisted dots on him. By dots I mean damage over time. Add a Luke and swap out tie pilot for defense team and GG son. Constant dps and is 3x tanker than tie pilot.
  • Options
    When does FO ST get taunt? I have his abilities around level 4, and none of the abilities have a taunt effect yet.
  • Options
    Oh he doesn't it's def up my bad.
  • Options
    I have had a great experience with the FO stormtrooper, fair counter skill combined with huge HP and teamed with phasma and poggle he has saved the day in numerous PvP and GW
  • Options
    He doesn't have anything amazing about him? Chewie on my squad is all about taking a turn from the enemy teams full dps. Healing is always out of the question bc everyone runs a sidious and I have no de spell. So basically it's a turn that I have with more people for me to nuke down lum, Sid, or someone else with a lot of dps while chewie takes all the dmg. Very rarely does chewie survive a single bout of a high damage enemy team but it gives me time to recover my dps hp from the enemies initial dooku and luminara and sids aoe first initial attack on my team.

Bariss heal still appears to work through Sid's heal immunity so if you have her, you can still heal Chewie.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I know I saw a fo stormtrooper with taunt in pvp. Not sure when it happens or how.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Must have been Han, FO ST don't have taunt
  • Options

You don't find value in how he fills up your squad's turn meter almost instantly after he taunts? He occupies a different niche than Chewie... he's a distraction, not a tank. While people are shooting at him, your other dudes are acting far more quickly than otherwise.

Try Han with Tarkin or HK-47 or Old Ben -- people with Offense Down debuffs -- and see if you don't like that better :)
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    KitsuAeryn wrote: »

You don't find value in how he fills up your squad's turn meter almost instantly after he taunts? He occupies a different niche than Chewie... he's a distraction, not a tank. While people are shooting at him, your other dudes are acting far more quickly than otherwise.

Try Han with Tarkin or HK-47 or Old Ben -- people with Offense Down debuffs -- and see if you don't like that better :)

Yeah I'm making a secondary account and going for a non Jedi/sith build. Just going to try and climb tinge ladders with storm troopers and other people that are not meta. Han is going to be my arena shipment pick for now.
  • Options
    Hell, Han with Leia even gives your whole team more offense output. She gives everyone a crit buff every time she lands a hit herself and it lasts 2 turns so it's like constantly up.
  • Options

Can 7star Han last one full turn in arena?