HAAT rewards OMG!

Haat lately has been incredibly disappointing! I keep finishing top 5 and I seriously cannot remember the last time I got a full piece from it. It's always salvages, never a full piece and 2/3 or 2/5 pieces are challenge anyways...

The reason why I bring this up is because haat takes me the longest of all 3 raid to complete. In order to finish high I must put in those 30-40 minute runs and it severely impacts my life! To end up scoring 25+ million damage I must raid for so long! It's becoming tedious and the rewards are incredibly disappointing for the amount of effort.

Sure you can say that I should put less effort and settle for a smaller regards but simply the existence of the possibility to get more gear and guild currency is enough to keep you going even if the chance is getting it is so small.

Haat isn't as common as rancor, I don't see the point in refusing to give us fully crafted pieces despite that it's end game content and we can only do it once every 3 days. I spend more time raiding when we run haat than the heroic Sith raid and that is something to be talked about! Some of the gear haat drops is still very difficult to get from the stores so it makes no sense to make it this much inaccessible to players.

So please reconsider the rewards, nobody should have to raid for 1 hour straight without getting anything useful in return.

Replies

  • You realize that you mistakenly thinking about hstr when you claim Haat is end game content lol
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member

    Haat isn't as common as rancor, I don't see the point in refusing to give us fully crafted pieces despite that it's end game content and we can only do it once every 3 days. I spend more time raiding when we run haat than the heroic Sith raid and that is something to be talked about! Some of the gear haat drops is still very difficult to get from the stores so it makes no sense to make it this much inaccessible to players.

    So please reconsider the rewards, nobody should have to raid for 1 hour straight without getting anything useful in return.

    Thats either a chouce or because you dont have the teams for hsith yet. Or its a sign you have mastered the hsith to an unprecedented degree. Loads of people in my guild spend well over an hour restarting to get a 7% chex mix or a 12% jtr run.

    Anyway haat isnt end game content. Its midgame content. Soloing haat is a choice not something desired by the developers and not something deserving of innate rewards beyond those for your rank.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Just remember the last time the community cheered initially for a raid rewards rework that they have long being asking for and what we ended up getting... So maybe more careful going down that path again.
  • Naraic wrote: »

    Haat isn't as common as rancor, I don't see the point in refusing to give us fully crafted pieces despite that it's end game content and we can only do it once every 3 days. I spend more time raiding when we run haat than the heroic Sith raid and that is something to be talked about! Some of the gear haat drops is still very difficult to get from the stores so it makes no sense to make it this much inaccessible to players.

    So please reconsider the rewards, nobody should have to raid for 1 hour straight without getting anything useful in return.

    Thats either a chouce or because you dont have the teams for hsith yet. Or its a sign you have mastered the hsith to an unprecedented degree. Loads of people in my guild spend well over an hour restarting to get a 7% chex mix or a 12% jtr run.

    Anyway haat isnt end game content. Its midgame content. Soloing haat is a choice not something desired by the developers and not something deserving of innate rewards beyond those for your rank.

    I think at this point, in a lot of guilds, if you're spending an hour restarting to get a better run, you just missed the phase for which you would use that team. Perhaps that's what OP was talking about. I don't think you meant the word innate there. Regardless, I didn't see anything that was asking for five fully crafted pieces, just something that was useful.

    I tend to agree with OP that challenge gear needs to get out of HAAT rewards. Fully crafted pieces are great, but there is a lot of other useful gear in there, too. Unfortunately, I've also experienced the 'why did I bother' moment on numerous occasions.

    There are more demands on our roster than ever before. Four major game components (five if you count Ships 2.0hno) have been added to stress rosters in under a year (LS TB, DS TB, TW and the Sith raid). Gear availability in the stores has caught up with this. I don't see any reason why HAAT rewards also shouldn't. HAAT is no longer the place where high-end players dominate to cement their gear advantage, let's take the governor off, shall we?
  • Naraic wrote: »

    Haat isn't as common as rancor, I don't see the point in refusing to give us fully crafted pieces despite that it's end game content and we can only do it once every 3 days. I spend more time raiding when we run haat than the heroic Sith raid and that is something to be talked about! Some of the gear haat drops is still very difficult to get from the stores so it makes no sense to make it this much inaccessible to players.

    So please reconsider the rewards, nobody should have to raid for 1 hour straight without getting anything useful in return.

    Thats either a chouce or because you dont have the teams for hsith yet. Or its a sign you have mastered the hsith to an unprecedented degree. Loads of people in my guild spend well over an hour restarting to get a 7% chex mix or a 12% jtr run.

    Anyway haat isnt end game content. Its midgame content. Soloing haat is a choice not something desired by the developers and not something deserving of innate rewards beyond those for your rank.

    I think at this point, in a lot of guilds, if you're spending an hour restarting to get a better run, you just missed the phase for which you would use that team. Perhaps that's what OP was talking about. I don't think you meant the word innate there. Regardless, I didn't see anything that was asking for five fully crafted pieces, just something that was useful.

    I tend to agree with OP that challenge gear needs to get out of HAAT rewards. Fully crafted pieces are great, but there is a lot of other useful gear in there, too. Unfortunately, I've also experienced the 'why did I bother' moment on numerous occasions.

    There are more demands on our roster than ever before. Four major game components (five if you count Ships 2.0hno) have been added to stress rosters in under a year (LS TB, DS TB, TW and the Sith raid). Gear availability in the stores has caught up with this. I don't see any reason why HAAT rewards also shouldn't. HAAT is no longer the place where high-end players dominate to cement their gear advantage, let's take the governor off, shall we?

    I never restart, my squads are solid , the run just takes time
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Agreed, however the whole game since ships 2.0 has been incredibly disappointing. I don't look forward to playing it anymore, it's just a frustrating experience in general. No good rewards, enemy teams just cheating you to death, no debuffs landing on them, they get 90% of theirs, the politically correct characters introduced just to check the diversity tick box and so much more. Just building up the courage to leave the game after spending such a long time playing
  • I don't want challenge gear gone from HAAT. The golden eyeball challenge gear is always a welcome sight, after a point the other piece becomes easier to aacquire.
  • crzydroid
    5484 posts Moderator
    Kreontas wrote: »
    I don't want challenge gear gone from HAAT. The golden eyeball challenge gear is always a welcome sight, after a point the other piece becomes easier to aacquire.

    The golden eyeball piece you want is NOT the challenge gear, though it does show up i. shops and even has a new ship node to add to the two regular nodes. The challenge gear is the one you have 2-3000 of.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Kreontas wrote: »
    I don't want challenge gear gone from HAAT. The golden eyeball challenge gear is always a welcome sight, after a point the other piece becomes easier to aacquire.

    The golden eyeball piece you want is NOT the challenge gear, though it does show up i. shops and even has a new ship node to add to the two regular nodes. The challenge gear is the one you have 2-3000 of.

    That’s not quite accurate , you do have an abundance for a time yes, however, you do run low/out of those as well.
  • I'm forver running out of laptops (MK IV) but that's because I'm at the point of the game where I'm levelling and gearing many, many, many toons.

    Bane of my existence is those pesky MK V stun guns however.....oh and MK V droid callers.

    Can't wait to get to level 80 plus and find out what else I need 4-500 of.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Vendi1983
    4637 posts Member
    @Hellsteeth30

    I had the same problem two weeks ago, now I have about 200+ of them. It'll come in waves, don't worry.

    I'm stuck on those MkV Droid and Fusion Furnaces. F M L
  • Vertigo
    4489 posts Member
    I'm forver running out of laptops (MK IV) but that's because I'm at the point of the game where I'm levelling and gearing many, many, many toons.

    Bane of my existence is those pesky MK V stun guns however.....oh and MK V droid callers.

    Can't wait to get to level 80 plus and find out what else I need 4-500 of.

    Just wait, it's not worth the pain.
  • Vendi1983
    4637 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    The levels don't matter. My Kylo needs 260 pieces of salvage to make one G11 piece...
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Kreontas wrote: »
    I don't want challenge gear gone from HAAT. The golden eyeball challenge gear is always a welcome sight, after a point the other piece becomes easier to aacquire.

    The golden eyeball piece you want is NOT the challenge gear, though it does show up i. shops and even has a new ship node to add to the two regular nodes. The challenge gear is the one you have 2-3000 of.
    No I specifically said I want the challenge gear part. At some point you DO run out , trust me.
    Right now I want to equip one and I have 83 of the prototype and 51 of the salvage(the challenge gear) of which I need 60. After a certain point you buy that challenge gear from shard shop and guild store whenever you can.
  • crzydroid
    5484 posts Moderator
    Kreontas wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Kreontas wrote: »
    I don't want challenge gear gone from HAAT. The golden eyeball challenge gear is always a welcome sight, after a point the other piece becomes easier to aacquire.

    The golden eyeball piece you want is NOT the challenge gear, though it does show up i. shops and even has a new ship node to add to the two regular nodes. The challenge gear is the one you have 2-3000 of.
    No I specifically said I want the challenge gear part. At some point you DO run out , trust me.
    Right now I want to equip one and I have 83 of the prototype and 51 of the salvage(the challenge gear) of which I need 60. After a certain point you buy that challenge gear from shard shop and guild store whenever you can.

    I am more than willing to take your word for it. Perhaps you are a launch player and am beyond where I'm at, so I will defer to your experience. But I'm just trying to run the math here, and maybe you could provide some insight as to where I'm going wrong.

    I got 17 of the salvage from the challenge today, so assuming that's average, it's 51 per week. I currently have 1,865. I have 38/50 of the prototype. Let's be extremely generous and say I can get two full prototypes a week, or 100 pieces of gear. Since we only need 50 of those to each 60 of the challenge piece, we should find where we have a quantity equal to 5/6 the number of salvage we'd have.

    So,

    5/6 (1851 +51x) = (38+100x).

    I got 26.3681 weeks, or enough to get 1,344.77 salvage from the challenge. Adding that to the 1865 I already have, it's enough to equip about 53 of the full piece. According to swgoh.gg, it's used 141 times by characters, and I've apparently equipped 34 already.

    So at this rate of getting 100 pieces of the prototype a week, it appears as though you are correct: I will run out of salvage with 54 eyeballs to go, which would take me over a year to farm from challenges alone, not counting all the new characters added in that next year and a half.

    But here's the thing...I'm not sure I will even care about maxing ALL the characters that need the eyeballs (I'm looking at you, Jawas, Eeth Koth, CUP), and I certainly expect many of the others will go on the back burner. I'm 100% f2p, so I'm not ever expecting to have a completely maxed roster unless the game stops releasing characters for a significant amount of time.

    Secondly, I feel 100 prototypes a week is generous: it means I'm diverting resources from other pieces of gear. I don't expect to spend the next 26 weeks farming nothing but eyeballs on a mission to equip them all before gearing up the characters I want to new levels.

    So you may be right. Maybe in a year or two I will be short on the challenge pieces and be pretty excited to get them. But I still feel at that point I will just have to wait it out and grind them, like I did during my carb shortage (those can probably stay in raids). It just seems to me that in general, something you get 51 of per week with no expenditure of valuable resources that also has three farming locations outside the stores is not worth seeing drop from raids as much as raid-only gear with no other locations that can't be requested.
  • I'm not a launch player, late Oct 16. I have spent some money in the game, though I wouldn't call myself a whale. Generally most people start to run out of them when you approach 3M GP or more than 30 G12 toons.
    I didn't do the math of course but that's the general consensus from people I've talked to with the same experience. Also sure you will get enough eventually from challenges but you know how frustrating it is to wait for the last few pieces to craft something. As with carbantis its a challenge gear I'm always happy to get, since I already spend guild coins and shard shop currency to buy them.
  • The reason why I bring this up is because haat takes me the longest of all 3 raid to complete. In order to finish high I must put in those 30-40 minute runs and it severely impacts my life! To end up scoring 25+ million damage I must raid for so long! It's becoming tedious and the rewards are incredibly disappointing for the amount of effort.

    If it severly impacts your life you could, oh I don't know, try not spending so much time on it.
Sign In or Register to comment.