Fun theory crafting teams that actually work.

Prev1
Anyone use oddball arena teams just for fun.

Here are two that I have found that can keep me in the top 100 of a super old shard-

Bullet proof Scoundrels-
Clone chewie lead, L3, enfys, vandor, and vet chewie.

Light sisters-
Jyn lead, hoth han, pathfinder, hera, and visas.

Also having really good luck with a modified nightmare team of zalp, nihilus, zavage, zion, and marauder.

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I can attest to the Vandor team. Ive used Vandor at every possibility since his release. Ive been trying to sing his praises but no one wants to listen.

Clone Chewie Vandor Storm Han Vet Han Vet Chewie is a very good team. I just got L3 to g7 today and she will soon replace Storm Han. What gear level are your guys and how fast? Im about to go all in on them just for the lulz.

I swapped in Nest last TW but Vet Chewie was just as effective. This is what they looked like after their 5th Win. This was not a scrub zone. My 60 rank arena EP and CLS squads both got one shot in this zone. The 2 guys that beat them both attacked this team multiple times.

htfs33xnz5m1.png

• Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    I use Palp Vader Thrawn Savage and Cls.

My team is kinda boring mostly meta sadly my previous Jyn K2 Cassian Chirrut R2 could be cls meta but just got worse and worse with rey and palp. Do miss running Jyn.

But now i do enjoy bringing Savage to the top rank and as well not using Nihilus and Sion showing all those boring meta teams they're noobs
    . I especially have a beef with Nihilus still never forgave them for making him such a **** character and now sion and treya are just salt on the old wound i wish they just quit with the power creep the poor poor jedi roster.... Been waiting so long to use Jedi. Sorry about the little rant i think the kotor sith are pretty cool although im not familiar with them, just wish they would balance the game a bit more instead of adding toons that are more and more powerful.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Savage(L), SiT, DN, Sion, Enfys could be good. Kind of "Hide the Nihilus" team with a SiT who gets a bonus of +170% defense.

For TB, I ran a mixed FO/NS team just for fun yesterday. Phasma(L), FOSFTP, FOX, Zombie (pretaunt and revive), Talzin. They were really good.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    I can attest to the Vandor team. Ive used Vandor at every possibility since his release. Ive been trying to sing his praises but no one wants to listen.

Clone Chewie Vandor Storm Han Vet Han Vet Chewie is a very good team. I just got L3 to g7 today and she will soon replace Storm Han. What gear level are your guys and how fast? Im about to go all in on them just for the lulz.

I swapped in Nest last TW but Vet Chewie was just as effective. This is what they looked like after their 5th Win. This was not a scrub zone. My 60 rank arena EP and CLS squads both got one shot in this zone. The 2 guys that beat them both attacked this team multiple times.

htfs33xnz5m1.png

gclhlpdlflhw.png

8483bxjon9lt.png

I believe that the potential of this team is very, very underrated. My teams combined power is only about 60k and I can break into the low 100s, where every team is Palp, jedi rey, and cls, and over 100k power.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Agreed. People stop listening when you say "Clone Wars Chewie" because they dont understand how Vandor works with him. CWC takes Vandor Nest and L3 to the next level. You can swap in Raid Han too if you want to up your damage, But I honestly think the Vets are even better on this team when geared. They offer so much control.

7v8iznjfkh9d.gif
    Post edited by VonZant on
    Agreed. People stop listening when you say "Clone Wars Chewie" because they dont understand how Vandor works with him. CWC takes Vandor Nest and L3 to the next level. You can swap in Raid had too if you want to up your damage, But I honestly think thr Vets are even better on this team when geared. They offer so much control.

7v8iznjfkh9d.gif

All truth about Clonechew.
    I have used every possible scoundrel combo. The team I use now is very, very arena viable. So far only 1 zeta, and only 60k power and I hang with 100-120k legit meta team arrangements.

Here is why the line up works....
    1st- no downside to the faction tags... No bonuses to Sith or Empire for the jedi or rebel tag, etc.

All characters are super durable. Even at my level instant 1st turn 1 shots from the other side are very rare.

Clone chews leadership sets off vandor... Even if Vandor is attacked 1st he more often than not gains defense up from Clonechew, setting off his unique. Also, his defense heavy leadership equates to less mass stuns and mass AOE survival.

Nest and Vet control the field.... daze, stun, dispel, buff immunity, and speed down- everything you need to control the controllers.

Nest and Vet also hit like trucks, and the expose from Nest is very helpful.

Durability- Nest and Vet are arguably two of the most durable attackers in the game (ATF and Panda being the other 2). L3 is very tank at just 3 stars.. Clonechew is beyond durable.... Vandor is a little squishy at the moment, but he never really get hit.

Clonechew cleanses himself, and L3 cleanses the whole team.

Vandor passively revives, and often.

There is slight turn meter gain with nest as well, but the defensive mechanic and decent power of the team kinda make turn meter irrelevant from either side.

Nightmare meta is useless and easily controlled with this team.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Shh. Dont explain it.
    Shh. Dont explain it.

He he he...
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Yeah but you have a 7* Smug Han and everyone knows the drop rate on that node is 0%. :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I fell to 600 last night playing with new ideas... not meta, but a decent team to get me back into the 300s for today :-(

The Thrawn team is 83k as example.....

https://youtu.be/nQ_trazxnnM

Sorry for the barking dogs at the end, lol.
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    VonZant wrote: »

htfs33xnz5m1.png

gclhlpdlflhw.png

8483bxjon9lt.png

I believe that the potential of this team is very, very underrated. My teams combined power is only about 60k and I can break into the low 100s, where every team is Palp, jedi rey, and cls, and over 100k power.

zeta needed? fun team, really, great job guys, i farm it for tw. better in defence or offence?if a 60k team can beat meta team i think is better in offence, or not?
    can you post a video of arena battle?
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I posted 1. Vet chewie and Nest both hit very hard. Vendor's special packs a wack too.

Zeta needed?
    Only for back up imo. I zeta'd vandor for the revive ability. Going to zeta vetchew next for the offense stack, then nest for the taunt ignore.... then the Clonechew zeta if no better options come along.

Team makes me fall less in arena than any I have tried to date. Offense I can usually win but it takes 3 or 4 minutes.

Super AOE teams are rough.. like veers trooper teams for instance.

CLS teams are hilariously easy, as are Palp lead teams.

Thrawn lead, and pheonix teams take time.

Night sisters are very controllable.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    So just so everyone knows I reported a bug on Vandor and they confirmed it. Not sure when or if it will get fixed. If they fix it his zeta will be better but right now its kinda hit or miss.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    LordInuy wrote: »

htfs33xnz5m1.png

gclhlpdlflhw.png

8483bxjon9lt.png

zeta needed? fun team, really, great job guys, i farm it for tw. better in defence or offence?if a 60k team can beat meta team i think is better in offence, or not?

Stormtrooper Han and both Vets work great if you dont have Nest or L3 yet. Clone Chewie Vandor and a second tank are required. In the last 4 TW that team won 5,6,5,6 on D for me. Not sure about the first 3 but I know last time they were attacked by powerful players that one-shot both my arena teams in the same zone.

I dont know if they are arena viable but they are a very good TW defense team for sure.
    So just so everyone knows I reported a bug on Vandor and they confirmed it. Not sure when or if it will get fixed. If they fix it his zeta will be better but right now its kinda hit or miss.

Sort of... right now it's buggy in benefit too where people revive like the Nightsister zombie, even from annihilation ability.
  • Yep, two tanks or no workie.....
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Shhhhhh.

htfs33xnz5m1.png

gclhlpdlflhw.png

8483bxjon9lt.png

Stormtrooper Han and both Vets work great if you dont have Nest or L3 yet. Clone Chewie Vandor and a second tank are required. In the last 4 TW that team won 5,6,5,6 on D for me. Not sure about the first 3 but I know last time they were attacked by powerful players that one-shot both my arena teams in the same zone.

Do you think young han would work in the line up too? Added damage output plus the ability to toss prepared on Vandor easily
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Ham_Solomi wrote: »

htfs33xnz5m1.png

gclhlpdlflhw.png

8483bxjon9lt.png

Do you think young han would work in the line up too? Added damage output plus the ability to toss prepared on Vandor easily

Yes he would be best. I dont use him because attackers dont fare well at 3* but Tanks do just fine. Once he goes on a node Im going to farm him immediately.

Best Team would be CWC Vandor L3 Nest and Young Han I think.

Quira lead may work ok, but I really think CWC is what makes this tick. Defense bonus and Defense up from his lead, heal from L3, and protection regen and -25% damage and heal and rez from Vandor. Problem is the team is a bit light on damage but all of the scoundrel attackers are pretty good. Could even use Boba, zeta 88, or Greedo. They get all benefits but Vandors rez.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Im excited someone finally realizes how good this team is. But Im done posting in this thread. Lets all keep it our little secret. It will catch on eventually but lets not speed it up. ;)
  • I personally don't feel like any of the squishy scoundrels are arena viable minus raid Han.

For the all scoundrel line up to work, it needs to be all high health and protection folks... damage comes from Vet and Nest.
  • More proof of the Clonebacca's dominance as the scoundrel leader.....

Still only floating in the 300s after playing with a veers team (new trooper coming).

Anyway, my 60k clonebacca team ripped up a 107k all zeta team just for demo sake. It's a Zader lead, so nothing special, but man it's a fun team to run....

https://youtu.be/gLpas7ZfSls
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Well I got lucky and drew a zeta EP g11-12 arena modded team with zPalp, TFP, zTarkin, Vader and Thrawn in the final node of GW so was able to test multiple battles. Its basically the worst team you can face with Vandor because of buff block and 4 AOE.

My team was g8 CWC, 4* g8 Vandor, 3* g8 L3, g9 3* Nest with 240 speed, and either Raid Han, Vet Han or Vet Chewie. Everyone else was only 160-200 speed.

I could not beat it, but did get close a few times. Was actually pretty impressed for using such low gear and star characters. I cant say for certain if its arena viable at top levels but geared and modded it should get you top 200. The best part is its entirely f2p and requires zero zetas and uses 3 3 or 4* characters.

Regardless, a 50k team set up like this in TW D will get you wins. Nobody wants to waste an arena team on a 50k team. By the time they realize they have to, you have racked up 4-6 wins.
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    That's a good run for a 50k team.

I'm beating them 80% of the time at 60k.... 65k even I bet it's 100% win vs nightmare team, or modified zalp team like you faced.

Nightmare teams rely on potency, turn meter, and control.... all of which don't matter vs clonebacca.

The teams that wreck clonebacca lead are high damage aoe teams. Nightmare team lacks aoe damage at the beginning, where it us needed.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    That's a good run for a 50k team.

I'm beating them 80% of the time at 60k.... 65k even I bet it's 100% win vs nightmare team, or modified zalp team like you faced.

Nightmare teams rely on potency, turn meter, and control.... all of which don't matter vs clonebacca.

The teams that wreck clonebacca lead are high damage aoe teams. Nightmare team lacks aoe damage at the beginning, where it us needed.

Love to see a video of you beating a top 200 nightmare team. At your current gear levels Im skeptical.
  • I'm working back down there again. I have broken 200 twice with This team... it's all nightmare, and CLS between 100-300.

I have 2 attempts left with no refreshes used yet, so i will likely post it today :-)
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    And not quite a nightmare team but very close-
    Zalp
    Zader
    Zihilus
    Zooku
    And ST

Still working my way down to under 200 again.. No more changing my team for a while.

4 zeters and 100k power.... cake walk.... More to come.

https://youtu.be/5HvdX6ALd3I
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    FYI looks like they are fixing the Vandor bug tomorrow so if he works correctly he personally will regen more protection and get prepared far more often and his zeta should be better. On the downside his allies will regen a pretty significant amount less protection.
  • Hi VonZant, Hi Killbot,

I am an new player and thinking of something different to the thousands of Palpatins...
    This is really a fun squad, and not so much depending of the RNG.

Does this team actually works, or is it broken after the bugfix ?

Thanks for reply.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I cant say whether they work in arena sub 200 because mine are not high enough gear or star level yet. I would think you could get top 500 with them though. I'm working on Young Han right now and gearing Vandor. For TW defense clone chewie works great as a leader. For arena I think you may need someone else. Eventually Zaalbar needs to be slotted in but he is too new right now.

Vandor and L3 are core of the team. After that its hard. This is my best guess:

TW Version: Clone Chewie, Vandor, L3 + 2 attackers. This team works great and is extremely consistent. Its beatable but people usually have to spend an uber team to do it which is fine. Usually they lose 5 or 6 teams to it first.

For arena:

2 tank Version: IG88 or Old Lando lead, Raid Han or Nest, Storm Han or Bossk (eventually Zaalbar), Vandor L3.

Offense version: IG88 or Old Lando lead, Nest, Young Han, Vandor, L3.

Ultimate Version: Qira, Young Han, Raid Han, Vandor, Zaalbar.

I'm farming them right now but it will be a month or two before I have Vandor and Young Han ready and longer for Qira and Zaalbar. It too early to tell for sure but I still believe Zaalbar is going to be one of the best tanks in the whole game.

Cant be sure how high they can go, but they are a lot of fun so I'm just going to do it.

Here is the new TW version with L3:
    2onn5642wclu.png