Ackbar Should Lead With AOE

Ackbar is currently set to lead with his heal instead of his AOE. I wonder if the game is still coded to prefer using the AOE when allies are buffed (it used to only call buffed allies). And Not only is it using the heal when allies still have full health, but it is using it on the wrong allies! I suspect it might be reading the lowest total Health/protection ally, and not the ally that has lost the most. It also doesn’t appear to factor in debuffs at all.

This is a huge drawback to using Ackbar lead. That high damage attack that also gives protection up is a great opening attack that is virtually worthless on defense because it doesn’t get used until Round 3 at the earliest. It should be the default attack, with the heal only being used if an ally is heavily damaged (and even then I don’t know if I prefer it).

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    The AI used to spam his AOE even when there weren't any buffed allies so that's probably not it.

New "AI" is supposedly all about fleet preservation, thought that would make me wonder why Thrawn doesn't start with his heal/buffs/debuffs move right away.

New "AI" for ships is dumb, but I guess we already knew that, and this is just more evidence.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    New "AI" is supposedly all about fleet preservation, thought that would make me wonder why Thrawn doesn't start with his heal/buffs/debuffs move right away.

Chimaera actually does in some cases even if it most often opens with the AoE.

• Yeah, if someone is below a certain % Health (50%?) Chimaera will lead with his heal/buff. I think the buffs are so good he should lead with it regardless, but at least there is some clear logic there.