The Era of Gar Saxon!

Prev1
VonZant
3843 posts Member
edited June 2018
No thought impulsive overreaction to Range Trooper.

zGar Saxon, Range Trooper, zVeers, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper/Deathtrooper

K, go.

Replies

• Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Id probably take shore instead of storm. Perhaps fit in a Starck?
    The excessive counters and assists seem uber fun, but personally I still dont see the firepower in the imperial troopers. Raid han hits like 3 times as theyre only okayish attacker, snow.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    It could be fun in Sith P2 with all those assits.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »
    The excessive counters and assists seem uber fun, but personally I still dont see the firepower in the imperial troopers. Raid han hits like 3 times as theyre only okayish attacker, snow.

Yeah that is why thinking Storm. Expose on his basic will help. Range and Veers and Saxon lead all provide healing. Can use shore in other teams.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Roopehun wrote: »

Yeah that is why thinking Storm. Expose on his basic will help. Range and Veers and Saxon lead all provide healing. Can use shore in other teams.

Gotcha, good points. Range trooper is indeed a must have for the zGar lead squads... Problem is, there arent too many around, as they dont have a clear purpose.
    Perhaps str2. If thrawn/magma/dt can be used for p1, gar ranged snow storm could still make a fine squad for p2.
  • Am I missing something? Gar only assists allies that attack during enemy turns, and Range Trooper's unique specifies assists are only called on trooper's turns. Would love to see Gar be useful, but this guy doesn't look much better for Gar than getting retribution from General Kenobi or in a CLS rebel squad.
  • Am I missing something? Gar only assists allies that attack during enemy turns, and Range Trooper's unique specifies assists are only called on trooper's turns. Would love to see Gar be useful, but this guy doesn't look much better for Gar than getting retribution from General Kenobi or in a CLS rebel squad.

RT gives everyone retribution and his passive will allow troopers to assist on ally turn. Him under Gar would basically mean that any time anyone attacks on your team there will be a chance to get an assist.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    100% if you give him an Omega. Seems like a deal.

And it won't be an assist on your turn. It's only while they have the retribution buff and are countering.
  • CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I get that part, but Range troopers assist unique won't trigger during enemy turns, and Gar's unique only works during enemy turns.

So that just leaves the retribution, which other characters could provide (Kenobi), or the 50% counter chance from his lead, which isn't near as good as the extra speed and offense with Veers.

Not being combative by the way, genuinely hoping that I'm missing something (I'm not that smart, so is likely).
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    He grants retribution to all Imperial Trooper allies. In his kit reveal.
  • I get that part, but Range troopers assist unique won't trigger during enemy turns, and Gar's unique only works during enemy turns.

You got it, so RT will enable assist during your turn and GS will enable assist during enemy turn.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    RT assists when he uses "Steady", and his unique grants a +50% general assist chance to IT allies only if they're buffed.

Gar has 100% assist chance for allies that attack during enemy turns. So when RT uses "Steady" he'll assist a random ally then grant all ITs retribution. If any of them counter, Gar WILL assist if omega'd.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    1. Im tryin' here. ;)
    2. Gar zeta gives 50% counter and gives a heal on basic. Counter is a basic.
    3. Gar assists every counter and applies speed down.
    4. Gar reduces his AOE cooldown if he hits an enemy with speed down (which will be almost everyone).
    5. Range Trooper Heals Protection and calls assists.
    6. ZVeers heals protection and calls assists.

Gar is going to be able to use his AOE every 2 turns or so and the whole team is going to be very hard to kill and attacking and countering like crazy.

Trooper weakness is they dont get going until somone dies. Range and Gar might fix that.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Veers, Death, Shore, Raid, Gar. Or swap Gar to lead to grant everyone a counter chance in general.
  • Ah, so it isn't that Gar will be assisting more because of range unique, but that trooper/gar will be able to counter/assist during any unit's turn, friendly or not.

Makes more sense. Thanks!
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    @CarSickShoe

Yes exactly.

And Gar ONLY assists on counters. He does not assist on other assists (like "Steady"). The ally has to be attacking on an enemy turn for Gar to join.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @CarSickShoe

Yes exactly.

And Gar ONLY assists on counters. He does not assist on other assists (like "Steady"). The ally has to be attacking on an enemy turn for Gar to join.

Thanks. Got that wrong. Will fix.
  • If you're going with a Gar Saxon lead, which I think would be fun and awesome, I think you almost HAVE to include Imperial Supercommando. It's a shame he doesn't synergize with troopers/Veers (and that troopers/Veers only vaguely synergize with Gar Saxon). But he assists every time Gar assists (I believe) and that's hard to pass on.
  • That was the source of all my confusion - I knew Gar wouldn't assist any of the assists generated by Range trooper, and was struggling to see how RangeTrooper would be any better for Gar than, say, CLS rebels with Han and Leia (a fun team its own right).
  • I'm looking forward to seeing this guy in action!
    He seems to fit in with Gar/ISC somehow (at first glance); it will be fun figuring out how to utilize him best.
    I love me my Troops (Beru, have you been drinking?), and this looks like a great addition. Now we can have two effective Imperial Troopers squads. Can't wait to mix & match to find the best combo.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I wish the would give ISC and Gar the trooper tag. They are kind of misfits now.
  • Sev112
    110 posts Member
    Zar, ISC, Death, Range, Shore
  • I wouldn't use veers with stormtrooper if you are counting on that expose. Veers adds 15% crit to all troopers and stormtrooper needs to not crit in order to get the expose. If I was building a p2 heroic team, I would use gar, magma, storm, death and range troopers. Magma there so that storm trooper gets extra tenacity so he can resist dazed from adds.

This leaves, a solid second imp.trooper team with veerz, starck, shore, snow and thrawn.
    518 posts Member
    Not sure it's a good composition though.
    I think RT gives protection recovery and retribution only to Imperial troopers.
    But on the other hand, if Storm is the only taunter, you can make him recover a lot of protection w/ RT + zVeers and if you put him with a law crit chance I will land a lot of expose, who can be another source of damage. I guess a 1/1.5M damage at maximum, not bad and that would give troopers a possibility if paired with GS.
    I think the zeta is a must have and you would have to call storm to assist as much as you can (w/ Veers and RT Steady) so he lands exposes.
    The team would be zGS (L), Storm, Veers, Magma and Storm.
    If you put Stark instead of Magma you'll gain critical chance and damage, which seems good but won't help with the expose, on the contrary. Since DT is required for P3, you can exclude him. And since Shore won't expose when counterattacking, you must not put him in the squad.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Arena they'd get slaughtered but they could work in sith raid and maybe tw offense
  • I think I would use snowtrooper and deathtrooper. Remove stormtrooper. And what’s this about troopers not having enough firepower? Mine easily do 8 mil in the Sith raid, and usually considerably more. It’s not heroic, but still, they’re doing more than any G12 fully zetad resistance teams in my guild. My best was a little over 12 mil.
    I love Gar Saxon, but I think you’d be better off with a Thrawn or veers lead, and use them in p3. Maybe work in a zVisas. She adds a lot to any squad in p1 and 3.
  • Crowny
    273 posts Member
    DT is the only trooper that gets use in HSith
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I think I would use snowtrooper and deathtrooper. Remove stormtrooper. And what’s this about troopers not having enough firepower? Mine easily do 8 mil in the Sith raid, and usually considerably more. It’s not heroic, but still, they’re doing more than any G12 fully zetad resistance teams in my guild. My best was a little over 12 mil.
    I love Gar Saxon, but I think you’d be better off with a Thrawn or veers lead, and use them in p3. Maybe work in a zVisas. She adds a lot to any squad in p1 and 3.

Do tell. You use a full trooper team in P3? Gimme gimme gimme. Please. ;)
  • @aFatalSpanking the same group doesnt work as well in heroic. I assume you are using veers, starck, thrawn, DT, and snowtrooper?

You would be lucky to get 2 million with the same group in heroic. If you are using chex mix dont take DT out for troopers. If you aren't using chex mix, troopers get more damage in p2.
  • Also, stacking deathmark was fixed so they cant hit those super high numbers anymore
  • http://swgoh.gg/u/treeburner/squads/26011/.

Have a look at the zeta gar Saxon lead 90k+ team.
    Zveer , Zstarck, shore , death.
    I can hold the arena well enough I'm just not sure who to replace for range trooper if I should.
    Kind of feel like he basically voids what gar brings to the table and could swap him like for like and put my Zveers lead instead.

I think range troopers kit might force a slight gar Saxon rework if it goes meta or if gar get even more forgotten.