G12 and Heroic Raid Reward Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Sharkeater_23
    7 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    vkduhfk4csy7.jpg
    @CG_SBCrumb now tell how i'm supose to progress with this steaming piece of **** rewards compared to this?
    5zwrp0vk5aay.png
    Basicly the Top 10 gets God like rewards and the rest of the guild is back to the T6 rewards, except for the Traya shards.
    Second picture is before nerf
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Got a full g12+ piece on place 9

Good and glad for you, but wasn't it supposed to not happen ? Forgot about drop rates. But only 1-3 should have 50-100% for a g12+

• Top3 does not get good rewards... i can confirm...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    vkduhfk4csy7.jpg
    @CG_SBCrumb now tell how i'm supose to progress with this steaming piece of **** rewards...
    Second picture is before nerf

Your not. The system is designed to make you leave your current guild and join one where you can finish in the top 10 to get the good rewards. Rinse and repeat.

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop : option #2 >> g12+ gear available for purchase.

Which is ironic, because both option #1 and #2 are really number two.

But until they do that, anyone not finishing in the top 10, has really only one of two options. Fall behind or leave your guild. Awful game design.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • SGMiller87
    60 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I'd like to say that the most disappointing thing to me about the changes is the fact that we were told that they had to not give anyone outside of the top 10 a chance at full g12 because it would lead to an unsustainable gap between the top 1% of players and the rest of the player base. In fact, this implementation has turned out to be incredibly hypocritical. Now that only top 10 players have chances at the crafted best rewards, I expect this update to drive an unsustainable gap between the tippy top of each guild and anyone else. It makes no sense to me why there wouldn't be an appropriately smaller chance at lower brackets for crafted exclusive rewards just as there are in every raid. This is actually making me want to play the sith raid even less than I already did because now my time spend feels completely worthless unless I managed to score top ten.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Startomsto wrote: »
    Top3 does not get good rewards... i can confirm...

This guy from my arena shard who has finished top 3 in two raids since g12+ has been released would disagree:

d4cck28nu1u6.png

That's the roster inventory of one of the guys in my arena shard. 1 of 2 people in our top 10 who just added g12+ gear to their arena team. About 1 week after it was released.

Begun the Gap War has.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • kmilky
    79 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This guy from my arena shard who has finished top 3 in two raids since g12+ has been released would disagree:

Begun the Gap War has.

The guy who's finished #1 in both of our post-update HSTR raids has yet to receive a full g12+ piece. It's RNG, just like always. The main issue is, IMO, what @SGMiller87 said above. CG has removed helpful rewards because they would create a gap in the player base, but they've instituted new, more exclusive gear in its place - and 80% of the people that are *in* the HSTR guilds cannot have a chance at a crafted piece. That's what's creating a more significant gap. More and more guilds are completing HSTR every week. Yet the rewards are going to be largely unhelpful. You know that feeling when you put in a 0 for the Rancor and snag a full droid caller? That'll never happen in HSTR because you have 0% chance of a full g12+ piece unless you're top 10. This kind of hypocrisy just makes no sense, and is totally inconsistent even with other types of "fixes" they've put in place.

Personally, I just wish they would reimplement what they try to change rewards to the first time, but do it completely. Flatten raid rewards, double the Guild currency, and - the part they didn't do last time - reduce the cost of gear in the guild store and add more gear (like stun guns???) to the store. I'd take this in a heartbeat over what they did with their second revision.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    kmilky wrote: »

Begun the Gap War has.

The guy who's finished #1 in both of our post-update HSTR raids has yet to receive a full g12+ piece. It's RNG, just like always. The main issue is, IMO, what @SGMiller87 said above. CG has removed helpful rewards because they would create a gap in the player base, but they've instituted new, more exclusive gear in its place - and 80% of the people that are *in* the HSTR guilds cannot have a chance at a crafted piece. That's what's creating a more significant gap. More and more guilds are completing HSTR every week. Yet the rewards are going to be largely unhelpful. You know that feeling when you put in a 0 for the Rancor and snag a full droid caller? That'll never happen in HSTR because you have 0% chance of a full g12+ piece unless you're top 10. This kind of hypocrisy just makes no sense, and is totally inconsistent even with other types of "fixes" they've put in place.

Personally, I just wish they would reimplement what they try to change rewards to the first time, but do it completely. Flatten raid rewards, double the Guild currency, and - the part they didn't do last time - reduce the cost of gear in the guild store and add more gear (like stun guns???) to the store. I'd take this in a heartbeat over what they did with their second revision.

I agree completely. The reward rework was 100% totally and completely backwards. Instead of flattening raid rewards and making guilds work together, they tiered them, made the top end gear extremely exclusive and completely undercut guild unity and the stability of the guild system in the process. I'm guessing we won't see any Gamechangers vids calling them out for this travesty though.

• kmilky
    79 posts Member
    I agree completely. The reward rework was 100% totally and completely backwards. Instead of flattening raid rewards and making guilds work together, they tiered them, made the top end gear extremely exclusive and completely undercut guild unity and the stability of the guild system in the process. I'm guessing we won't see any Gamechangers vids calling them out for this travesty though.

Only thing I'll disagree on is that I don't think it's the GameChangers' role to publicly call them out on anything. I know personally, as a friend of one of them, that the GameChangers have private lines of communication to the devs. They should (and do) take the community concerns directly to CG. That is the best way to handle it IMO. If they make videos saying to the public what they could say directly to the source, what does that really say about them?

I can also say that the GC I know has definitely echoed our frustrations and feelings, so know that they aren't just propaganda machines. What's encouraging to me is to see how many people - those in HSTR guilds and those not - equally upset over these changes.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Only thing I'll disagree on is that I don't think it's the GameChangers' role to publicly call them out on anything. I know personally, as a friend of one of them, that the GameChangers have private lines of communication to the devs. They should (and do) take the community concerns directly to CG. That is the best way to handle it IMO. If they make videos saying to the public what they could say directly to the source, what does that really say about them?

I can also say that the GC I know has definitely echoed our frustrations and feelings, so know that they aren't just propaganda machines. What's encouraging to me is to see how many people - those in HSTR guilds and those not - equally upset over these changes.

Fair enough. I see your point and agree that it probably isn't in the GC's best interest to call them out publicly. So apologies to any GC's who are caught between that rock and hard place.

• What i meant is that after 2 1st i still can t craft a full g12++... not impressed
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member

To to mention the last podcast with Han and Arnold they clearly state that they don't like the gear 12+ update.
  • This new rewards structure has broken my desire to play the game. I can live with HSith and the fact that it is just a grind rather than an innovative design. Even after living through the strange matchmaking in tw, mod gate and the various other times we have had to forgive cg.

I see myself as lucky to be part of a great top 15 guild but am in the bottom half of gp there. It leaves me to fall behind my shard in arena or forces me to look at another guild which I am not willing to do. I will give it a week and make a real decision about whether to quit.

I’m sad it has come to this but I feel that even if by a miracle this is fixed they will simply find another way to betray our trust. Why not focus on character design and innovative gameplay ideas to enhance trust within the community rather than thinly veiled attempts to force people’s wallets open.
  • Decay
    108 posts Member
    Face it , CG does not care what we think. Play or don't play, that is everyone's choice.
  • Not that CG reads any of this, but I have several questions for CG. My first question has to be ****? Do you guys beta test your ideas before implementing them? I'm a ~3m GP player, and my guild has more than 140m GP, so we've all spent some money on the game and have been playing a long time. The Sith raid was tough when it first came out, but we now clear it in a couple hours. But clearing it quickly doesn't really matter. It's not like we can launch additional raids any faster. We just get our rewards quicker. While our level of effort needed to beat the raid has decreased, the rewards have decreased MUCH more than the level of effort required.

At the end of the day, it's not like the top 10 finishers in the hSith raid can finish the whole raid on their own. They still need the participation of at least 10-15 other members of the guild. We can finish the raid with about half the guild participating, but everyone below rank 10 gets terrible rewards. I still have to use my JTR team in P1 or P2, my Boba/Thrawn/Sabine/GK/Leia team in P2, my Chex Mix team in P3, and help finish off traya in P4 with a bunch of low-scoring teams. That's a lot of work, and the rewards now suck. I just finished 15th in hSith, and got 2 pieces of scanner salvage, two pieces of visor salvage and 3 pieces of medpack salvage. I got the G12.5+ salvage at the rates you described, but it's going to take weeks/months to get a single piece of g12.5+ gear. But I still need LOADS of the lower level g12 gear. You're now giving out triple or quadruple the level of g12 salvage from Territory War rewards even for losses. That makes no sense.

Am I supposed to leave my guild to finish consistently in the top 5 or 10 in a lower-ranked guild? I like my guild, but I'm not its strongest member, so I'm never going to be able to finish in the top 3 since we already have 10 guys with fully maxed Resistance teams, NS teams, chex mix and GK/hYoda/Sabine/Thrawn/Wampa teams. They can do 10-15M damage across the raid right now. Even if I do half that, I won't break top 5, and you've SO heavily stacked all the rewards at the top that it feels pointless to even participate. I mean...I'd get the same rewards for posting 0 damage. That seems unfair since the top 5 guys still need the rest of us to participate to move the raid forward. We just now get terrible rewards so spending any time in the raid feels like an act of charity for the guys at the top.

My entire guild agrees. We had 20 people not participate this time because, you know...what's the point? I got 14 pieces of challenge gear salvage in this last raid. Why is that gear even in the HSith rewards box? Are you just straight trolling us?
  • Seems to me this will force the breakup of the mega guilds of top players and spread the GP around more.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Seems to me this will force the breakup of the mega guilds of top players and spread the GP around more.
    I assume the hundreds of guilds that have been playing together for 2+ years which you seem to imply need to "breakup" aren't nearly as thrilled as you seem to be.

• Consistent rewards is all most people want.

Lowering the chance some of full pieces well getting more consistent increaed base rewards would be worth it.
  • I hate the Sith Raid and Traya. This might be the worst addition to any game in history. Oh and JTR never fought a Sith yet. Snoke was the closes thing and she was getting stretched out all over the place. Sith Raid is a joke.
  • DingoFnBaby
    90 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    On the HSR rewards, despite everyone decrying how much the lower tiers suck, it's very achievable to run HSR with ~120M GP guild. *if* you have the required squads. Those have been out for a while now, so there's no excuse not to focus on those squads if downing HSR is important. Those of us who did ramp up quickly are enjoying our Traya's in the arena, but in general, the new rewards if you are in a mildly competitive guild, suck beyond belief.

Anything below rank 10 gets absolute poo for rewards. It might be 20 HSR's before we see a single piece, and that's for fairly substantial effort. Top 10 is fairly happy, and we've seen some folks getting a full G12+ (13, whatever) piece on occasions in the top 3 ranks. But the 11-30 and below, is absolute rubbish. We went from getting maybe a G12 full piece and decent amounts of salvage (please remove MKIV carbanti from the loot table, it's stupid that that useless junk used by 3 toons in the game is there), to now getting 2-8 pieces of stuff you need at least 40 for a full piece.. and that's not even the G12+ stuff.

The rank rewards need to be tweaked for HSR. As much as I respect 0 participation players not getting significant rewards, participatory players are getting screwed for no reason to the point, where it's better for a stronger player to go find a weak guild who can barely clear HSR and take top ranks than stay in a guild it makes sense to be in for TW, TB's, and everything else. The system is literally fighting every other game goal to basically give absolute garbage for rewards to all but the very top players in the raid. I say this as a member of both a 194M GP guild as well as a 151M guild on a second account.

Dingo
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member

Its all rng, but in the end coming in top 10 is whats important. Remember that for every 5 hard node hit you do with no shards, someone out there has done a five hit and gotten five shards. Someone out there gets that 330 shard drop from one shard buy, it happens to someone.

And others get fully crafted g12+ gear every raid in top3, like already been proven.

Yay more rng :D

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    As much as I respect 0 participation players not getting significant rewards, participatory players are getting screwed for no reason to the point,

Dingo

Probably the most important thing anyone has ever said about raids on this whole forum
  • I'm OK with the new payouts, at least so far. We've finished 3 raids, I placed 2nd twice and 3rd once... on my 2nd place finishes I got 100% of a piece and on the other I got 80%, no fully crafted, but one guy in our guild got one.

Still getting 1-2 fully crafted g11 or g12 pieces, though I do miss opening rewards and seeing 2 fully crafted bayonets or multitools... man that was awesome.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    I'm OK with the new payouts, at least so far. We've finished 3 raids, I placed 2nd twice and 3rd once... on my 2nd place finishes I got 100% of a piece and on the other I got 80%, no fully crafted, but one guy in our guild got one.

But that's the issue. The people finishing in the top 10 are getting solid rewards for the effort. Below 10 is a trash bin. And as the people finishing in the top 10 start crafting and equipping g12+, those finishing outside of the top 10 will only fall further behind - both in the HSith raids and in their shard arenas if they face players who are finishing in the top 10 of their respective guilds.

The new payouts are nice - but only for 20% of the players in all HSith guilds. For the "non top 10" finishers (which is 80% of HSith players) and all the T1-6 folks, it's a disaster that will only get worse as the gap widens.

• Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Decay wrote: »
    Face it , CG does not care what we think. Play or don't play, that is everyone's choice.

This seems pretty spot on. No matter how much outcry and outrage goes on here, they do whatever the heck they want and people take it like champs. Some quit, can't blame them, but most won't go anywhere.

Getting to the point of doing heroic sith raid took a lot of time, effort, and in many cases money. How do they reward us for years of loyalty to this game? By making the rewards absolute junk for anyone but top 10. And even top 10 don't always get good rewards now. I made it once and wasn't impressed.

Developers, don't you realize you catch more flies with honey than vinegar? I personally know quite a few people who closed their wallets because of how this game is being handled. Former big spenders.

I'm just suggesting a change in tactics. For once, let the players feel like they're coming out on top and see if your profits go up. I bet they will.

To sum it up, do something about these garbage new HSR rewards please.

• Word
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    On the HSR rewards, despite everyone decrying how much the lower tiers suck, it's very achievable to run HSR with ~120M GP guild. *if* you have the required squads. Those have been out for a while now, so there's no excuse not to focus on those squads if downing HSR is important. Those of us who did ramp up quickly are enjoying our Traya's in the arena, but in general, the new rewards if you are in a mildly competitive guild, suck beyond belief.

Anything below rank 10 gets absolute poo for rewards. It might be 20 HSR's before we see a single piece, and that's for fairly substantial effort. Top 10 is fairly happy, and we've seen some folks getting a full G12+ (13, whatever) piece on occasions in the top 3 ranks. But the 11-30 and below, is absolute rubbish. We went from getting maybe a G12 full piece and decent amounts of salvage (please remove MKIV carbanti from the loot table, it's **** that that useless junk used by 3 toons in the game is there), to now getting 2-8 pieces of stuff you need at least 40 for a full piece.. and that's not even the G12+ stuff.

The rank rewards need to be tweaked for HSR. As much as I respect 0 participation players not getting significant rewards, participatory players are getting screwed for no reason to the point, where it's better for a stronger player to go find a weak guild who can barely clear HSR and take top ranks than stay in a guild it makes sense to be in for TW, TB's, and everything else. The system is literally fighting every other game goal to basically give absolute garbage for rewards to all but the very top players in the raid. I say this as a member of both a 194M GP guild as well as a 151M guild on a second account.

Dingo

+1.

Unfortunately, no one in charge of this game will care. Just like when they announced 25% bonus vaults, said they made a mistake and it wasn't for the vault, and still didn't offer them after countless threads asking for it.

If they don't listen to players when they want to spend money, lord knows they won't listen to us for anything, period.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I've been ignoring this aspect of the game for a variety of reasons, focusing on improving for hSith and gearing for other aspects of the game. But this is how this whole Sith raid feels to me:
    kalidor wrote:
    Sith raid comes out like a dumpster fire. It burns for a while and some firemen show up. The residents of the apartment building next to it look on anxiously. One of the firemen brings a ladder to help a few get down, but it's really long and the first few floors can't use it. Another sprays water on the dumpster, but then worries that it's causing water damage to the building and stops. They mull the fire over for a few hours. The fire spreads to the building.
    The fire chief and department spokesmen show up, and they start talking about the fire, and how they're going to address the fire. Several residents yell "Just put it out!" and they nod, yep, we'll do that.
    A few more hours go by, the fire has really gone to town on the building. A few fireman leave to rescue some kittens stuck in trees. BTW, there's a gas station a few buildings down.
    Fire continues up the building and in the dumpster, which some people have stopped putting garbage in.
    Another fireman asks the residents "What do you think we should do about this?" and gets hundreds of people yelling "put it out with water" "move it away from the building" "get more ladders of different lengths" "why the kitten are you asking US?"
    A few more hours go by, happy to report several kittens rescued! Meanwhile a few other homes elsewhere in the city catch fire.
    The firemen bring in big fans to blow out the fire once and for all, and the fans start blowing flames towards the gas station. Residents on the top floors start scrambling over one another to reach the roof. Others simply leave the building. Vouchers for free weed spraying are promised to those whose homes were damaged while the fireman's attention was elsewhere.
    What shall await our dauntless heroes in Chapter 2? Tune in next week....
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    I've been ignoring this aspect of the game for a variety of reasons, focusing on improving for hSith and gearing for other aspects of the game. But this is how this whole Sith raid feels to me:
    kalidor wrote:
    Sith raid comes out like a dumpster fire. It burns for a while and some firemen show up. The residents of the apartment building next to it look on anxiously. One of the firemen brings a ladder to help a few get down, but it's really long and the first few floors can't use it. Another sprays water on the dumpster, but then worries that it's causing water damage to the building and stops. They mull the fire over for a few hours. The fire spreads to the building.
    The fire chief and department spokesmen show up, and they start talking about the fire, and how they're going to address the fire. Several residents yell "Just put it out!" and they nod, yep, we'll do that.
    A few more hours go by, the fire has really gone to town on the building. A few fireman leave to rescue some kittens stuck in trees. BTW, there's a gas station a few buildings down.
    Fire continues up the building and in the dumpster, which some people have stopped putting garbage in.
    Another fireman asks the residents "What do you think we should do about this?" and gets hundreds of people yelling "put it out with water" "move it away from the building" "get more ladders of different lengths" "why the kitten are you asking US?"
    A few more hours go by, happy to report several kittens rescued! Meanwhile a few other homes elsewhere in the city catch fire.
    The firemen bring in big fans to blow out the fire once and for all, and the fans start blowing flames towards the gas station. Residents on the top floors start scrambling over one another to reach the roof. Others simply leave the building. Vouchers for free weed spraying are promised to those whose homes were damaged while the fireman's attention was elsewhere.
    What shall await our dauntless heroes in Chapter 2? Tune in next week....

You forgot to add
    CNN: Blames Trump for inaction
    Fox: Blames Democrats for blocking Trump
    UN: Levies sanctions on an unrelated topic
    Local News: Gas prices sore on speculation because one gas station close to the fire is threatened
    BBC: Reports on renewal of Sherlock for season 6