G12 and Heroic Raid Reward Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• caldera
    109 posts Member
    I think you could see the spiral of SWGOH beginning with the Vet Smuggler cash-grab. Of course the game always existed to save money, but that level of contempt for non-whales had never before been seen in the game.

I think everyone was very hopeful and exited about Sith, because it could have been great, but the desire to create something that very few guilds would be able to complete anytime soon took precedence over designing something that was enjoyable and worthwhile for the 99%.

The desire for there to not be any teams or players that could solo it, and to keep the number of guilds that could finish it as low as possible - it all just lead to nerfs and health multiplication instead of good design. Massively increasing the health of the bosses rather than creating real challenges, creating uninspiring rewards to slow down endgame players down, making it basically just a protracted grind and a timesink to access the new elite character -

These really aren't the actions of a developer who wants to ensure the product remains healthy and growing, they are those which seem more aimed at holding the existing players base where they are as if real development on the game has concluded and resources are being shifted elsewhere.

Who knows if that is true, but very little that's happened since the JTR buildup began seems to have been aimed at creating a long-term future for t
  • ReveNCZ
    52 posts Member
    Bane1492 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_CapGaSP @CG_Carrie

Some good points are being made here. At least extend the chance for a full old G12 piece to top 20? Top 10 only is pretty offensive. People who rank 11-20 in HSR are more likely than not, spenders. It would be nice to see players rewarded once in a while for supporting the game.

The rewards were great before when everyone had a chance at a full G12. I was still spending on the game. I was happy. As you can tell by the posts in this thread, there are many unhappy people concerning the reward changes.

I've been a daily player since the beginning. Built my roster up to 3.6m GP. Bought numerous packs, participated in every 25% bonus crystal offer. Yet I still can't rank top 10 in my guild regardless of getting a few teams up to speed that are ONLY NEEDED for HSR. I put multiple zetas on them for this. People who spent 10s of thousands G12ing everything in the game can, however. I feel like all those zetas are wasted and I'm being punished with the removal of a full G12 chance because I can't compete with 4.2 million GP rosters.

There's only so much top 10 to go around. Please at least consider allowing full G12 drops again for ranks outside of this tiny bracket. 90% of the player base doing HSR shouldn't be basically disregarded as worthy of receiving good rewards. And since the change, the rewards for 11-50 are disappointing to say the least.

u doing something wrong, i have 3,1M roster, im pretty much f2p (spended some only when i started to play) and with time to play i can get up to 14M dmg with some mod switching and good RNG even more, easy top10, possible of top3. u need to focus more on mods, after i loaded up offense on toons for chex mix i went from 1,7M to 2,5M there.
  • my biggest frustration... no I take that back, my two biggest frustrations with the new system are as follows:
    1) raid exclusive gear means I'm subject to luck fo the draw to get the G12+ pieces I need for my arena team. This just isn't fair for competitive game design. We already have this designed into Mods and now with Gear and I'm at a severe disadvantage to anyone who was lucky enough to land a piece or the salvage necessary to go to their arena team.
    2) My guild has cleared 4 raids since the changes... I've finished top 5 in all. Still no full gear piece for me! Just because I can be rewarded 50% of the salvage I need doesn't mean they'll all be to the same piece needed.
    Please give us the ability to augment raid drops with salvage in the guild event store. Please.
  • Could someone at CG please post the amount of money you need to spend each month for our opinion to matter?
    Fix the raid loot across the board. All Raids, all tiers.
  • Could someone at CG please post what they are going to do about the train wreck called Sith Raid?
  • Berator
    28 posts Member
    Please CG do not ongoing ignore us here. The most negative thing is that to keep pace you force everyone to truly play this raid. And this raid is for a lot of us not fun :( to makes the gaming experience a lot more negative.
  • Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Could someone at CG please post the amount of money you need to spend each month for our opinion to matter?
    Fix the raid loot across the board. All Raids, all tiers.

Your opinion will never matter. What matters most is which way the sales figures are going. If they're going up after the raid reward nerf, nothing anyone says here will be taken seriously because, why should it be?
  • The rewards are ridiculous. There’s no mixing it up whatsoever. I’ve gotten the same rewards for the past 3 raids. How about a change in gear so I can add some g12+ for RJT? I can’t wait to buy the gear with crystals
  • Botzone1 wrote: »
    Obvioulsy challenge gear is not being removed but increased. Cheers for my 4th rank Htank rewards, makes me wanna do more and more
    4ztj6.png

Rewards got worst specially on hsith:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/175603/frustration-the-reworked-heroic-sith-reward-is-making-people-quit/p1?new=1
  • dyv34mkytv4p.png

Meanwhile, haven’t gotten a fully crafted g12+ but am getting challenge gear that i have thousands of - 2 sets of them even. Just what i needed.

Waiting for the day they properly remove low utility challenge gear from all tiers of raid rewards.
  • Stix
    59 posts Member
    Don't worry about the Heroic Sith Reward.... yes we will increase the amount of challenge gear you receive.... instead of removing it like we promised....

Hey we have new Jedi characters.... forget about Sith Raid....
  • Just checking back... still no response from the Devs. Meanwhile I’m on five first place finishes and one second since the change and still haven’t received a full G12-plus piece and only have one total because the game seems to suspiciously give you half of whatever one you don’t already have.
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Just checking back... still no response from the Devs. Meanwhile I’m on five first place finishes and one second since the change and still haven’t received a full G12-plus piece and only have one total because the game seems to suspiciously give you half of whatever one you don’t already have.

And then u realise some toons need two of the same g12+ gear. LOL.
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Just checking back... still no response from the Devs. Meanwhile I’m on five first place finishes and one second since the change and still haven’t received a full G12-plus piece and only have one total because the game seems to suspiciously give you half of whatever one you don’t already have.

You aren’t following. I’m fully aware some toons need more than one of the same gear piece. What I am saying is I seem to get half of every piece BEFORE I get the second half of any piece. So I got half of every single piece before getting the second half of the MK12 Holo Lens. Crafted that after last raid. So what do I get this raid? Half of another MK12 Holo Lens. Not ANY of the other pieces which I already had half the salvage for.

I just double checked. There are six G12+ pieces. I have half of every single one. I left out a raid in my original comment. We have run eight raids since the change, not six. Because I got half of all six pieces before getting the second half of a Holo Lens, then got another half Holo Lens today, literally the only salvage I could get that would keep me from completing another piece.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Hsith rewards are dumb. On place 9 I got 50% of a g12+ and one full g12+ piece. Top 3 I got 3 time 50% and no bonus top 10 piece.
    Then you see other getting double the amount then I. Really annoying if you have the felling the game is against you...
    Keep this going and you have no more end game players who can play this annoying raid.

I kinda figured that they were content to leave the t1-t6 players to rot since we probably make up a tiny portion of their oncome. But I must admit that I'm surprised that they've let reward changes that upset the hsith players last this long since they back peddled pretty fast the first go round when the reward changes also upset the hsith players.

I'm partially inclined to think that the g12+ change was just implimenting how they'd intended the reward structure to be from day 1 (ie they always intended all tiers to have poor rewards relative to time/money invested to clear that tier; hsith only had a period of good rewards b/c g12+ didn't exist yet) and that the reason they aren't responding to even hsith player concerns is because they've just decided to write the raid off as a total loss.
  • 7 raids done since the release of G12+ pieces, still unable to craft a full G12+ piece. Ranks
  • I've gotten 3 or 4 complete g12+ peices since the change and plenty of regular g12 peices. I take first every time 2.8m roster 16-20mil dmg I've spent a few hundred dollars on the game. Hsith is all about mods you guys are just a bunch of whiners and the minority that have poor luck on reward drops. I will however agree challenge gear needs to go in all raids. If you want to get ahead in this game move up the guild ladder don't sit in your casual non cluster guild with a +100 arena rank in both arena's and complain that you can't keep up. Get gud.
  • Seanasy wrote: »
    I've gotten 3 or 4 complete g12+ peices since the change and plenty of regular g12 peices. I take first every time 2.8m roster 16-20mil dmg I've spent a few hundred dollars on the game. Hsith is all about mods you guys are just a bunch of whiners and the minority that have poor luck on reward drops. I will however agree challenge gear needs to go in all raids. If you want to get ahead in this game move up the guild ladder don't sit in your casual non cluster guild with a +100 arena rank in both arena's and complain that you can't keep up. Get gud.

So you're saying that it's working as intended by people bailing on longtime guilds so that they can "get gud".

Nice design
  • Seanasy wrote: »
    I've gotten 3 or 4 complete g12+ peices since the change and plenty of regular g12 peices. I take first every time 2.8m roster 16-20mil dmg I've spent a few hundred dollars on the game. Hsith is all about mods you guys are just a bunch of whiners and the minority that have poor luck on reward drops. I will however agree challenge gear needs to go in all raids. If you want to get ahead in this game move up the guild ladder don't sit in your casual non cluster guild with a +100 arena rank in both arena's and complain that you can't keep up. Get gud.

Spending a few hundred dollars does not mean you are good. Look, I’ve spent more than that. I finish first in both arenas every day. But it is a different game when you are free to play. It comes across poorly when you lecture people for not spending. Also keep in mind that many of those who are complaining do finish at the top. Lecturing people who have worse RNG than you is almost as bad as lecturing people who can’t afford to spend as much as you.
  • @Nitrogen that is what im saying, that's how all these dumb mobile games work the goal is to be in the best group of 50 players possible. I would much rather just play solo with no guild or be in a smaller guild that needs help but I'm doing so you hinder yourself so you decide if you want to play the game for yourself? Or for a bunch of strangers. I have 3 rl friends that play this game and we may not all be in the same guild but we are in the same cluster.

And as for @SoonerJBD you completely missed the point, and I really couldn't care less about the people with worse RNG than me as I'm sure the devs will tell you they are the minority. There are probably just as many people going on about getting 6+ full g12+ peices as those crying about getting none.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Seanasy wrote: »
    @Nitrogen that is what im saying, that's how all these dumb mobile games work the goal is to be in the best group of 50 players possible. I would much rather just play solo with no guild or be in a smaller guild that needs help but I'm doing so you hinder yourself so you decide if you want to play the game for yourself? Or for a bunch of strangers. I have 3 rl friends that play this game and we may not all be in the same guild but we are in the same cluster.

And as for @SoonerJBD you completely missed the point, and I really couldn't care less about the people with worse RNG than me as I'm sure the devs will tell you they are the minority. There are probably just as many people going on about getting 6+ full g12+ peices as those crying about getting none.

You deserve all the bad rng you can get. No luck for the next raids.
    Couldn't care less bud, you act like I've never had bad rng. Difference is I don't get on here and whine about it like these guys, suck it up and go again.
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    2zl1kdxvbapm.png

This is the kind of **** that needs to be fixed in all the raids. Remove all the junk that everyone can get thousands of pieces of and give better gear as a reward for our hard work. Your Sith Raid is trash, if you're not going to improve it, improve the other raids.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Gold eyeball salvage is useful tho
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »

You aren’t following. I’m fully aware some toons need more than one of the same gear piece. What I am saying is I seem to get half of every piece BEFORE I get the second half of any piece. So I got half of every single piece before getting the second half of the MK12 Holo Lens. Crafted that after last raid. So what do I get this raid? Half of another MK12 Holo Lens. Not ANY of the other pieces which I already had half the salvage for.

I just double checked. There are six G12+ pieces. I have half of every single one. I left out a raid in my original comment. We have run eight raids since the change, not six. Because I got half of all six pieces before getting the second half of a Holo Lens, then got another half Holo Lens today, literally the only salvage I could get that would keep me from completing another piece.

Don't worry they'll put the half you aren't getting from raids in shipments before long at insane crystal prices. All 3 raids are notorious for giving us way too much of a certain gear piece so we're forced to buy the other stuff.

Honestly the G12+ does less for your characters than good mods. I have 1 on Sion and his stats are still way worse than a couple people with God mods. It's just more over-hyped nonsense to get people excited about spending when they throw G12+ in the store. I'd rather them do away with it as raid rewards and revert back to getting full G12s regularly.
  • 7 raids done since the release of G12+ pieces, still unable to craft a full G12+ piece. Ranks

I was able to craft 1 because all I get are pieces for that 1. I've yet to get a single G12+ salvage for a few pieces, so I guess it'll be buy it when available or just not worry about it.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Arcaver wrote: »
    2zl1kdxvbapm.png

This is the kind of **** that needs to be fixed in all the raids. Remove all the junk that everyone can get thousands of pieces of and give better gear as a reward for our hard work. Your Sith Raid is trash, if you're not going to improve it, improve the other raids.

Those first three rewards are legitimate "only found in HAAT and now Sith" raid rewards. Just because you've accumulated a lot doesn't mean they aren't useful to some people.

The crap challenge gear has got to go though.
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Also I don’t know if this belongs in bugs, but the MK12 Armatek Data Pad (new G12+ item) has the wrong art. It uses the art of the MK12 Armatek Tactical data. It’s components correctly have the data pad art but the full piece has incorrect art. This can get confusing (I have received full pieces of both recently and it made for some high-low moments) and should be easy to fix. If my memory is correct this has happened before with the MK4 Hyposyringe which used the keypad art.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    why every participant don't have the same reward in raid like other guild activities?