G12 and Heroic Raid Reward Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Jenjhys wrote: »
    why every participant don't have the same reward in raid like other guild activities?

This is my opinion:

Raids can be competitive because it's a more "fair" competition. My guild has 20-30 players who all solo the rancor at this point, and we get top rewards based on random assignments. Players ranging from 1.4M-3.3M all can "compete". In the Heroic Sith raid, our last raid had a 3.2M player in #1, and a 1.6M player in #2. Player skill, development, and time all factor in the competitiveness.

Territory Battle comes down to raw GP. A player with 2,000,001 GP will always beat a player with 2,000,000 GP even if they both win the same number of combat waves. This would create more inter-guild hostility.

There was talk of making the gear drops be the same across all players in a raid, and only compensating higher ranked players with more guild currency (because the #1 player in the Heroic sith Raid is obviously putting in more time and effort than the #50 player). However, that has not been implemented yet because they haven't figured out a good balance.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    why every participant don't have the same reward in raid like other guild activities?

This is my opinion:

Raids can be competitive because it's a more "fair" competition. My guild has 20-30 players who all solo the rancor at this point, and we get top rewards based on random assignments. Players ranging from 1.4M-3.3M all can "compete". In the Heroic Sith raid, our last raid had a 3.2M player in #1, and a 1.6M player in #2. Player skill, development, and time all factor in the competitiveness.

Territory Battle comes down to raw GP. A player with 2,000,001 GP will always beat a player with 2,000,000 GP even if they both win the same number of combat waves. This would create more inter-guild hostility.

There was talk of making the gear drops be the same across all players in a raid, and only compensating higher ranked players with more guild currency (because the #1 player in the Heroic sith Raid is obviously putting in more time and effort than the #50 player). However, that has not been implemented yet because they haven't figured out a good balance.

But the guild leaders shouldn't have to coordinate a "rotation" (or in your case, "assignments") to make up for a bad reward structure. That's kinda the whole point of this thread. Players should not have to spend time *working* to figure out ways to work around poor game design.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jed_Eye
    176 posts Member
    Options
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    Wow, really? The rewards for the lower tiers are what needed addressed first. Not heroic. Seems incredibly tone deaf to just make hstr even better and keep ignoring those trying to build up to heroic.

This should be done asap

It's completely insulting to all to have to work so hard to get joke rewards especially when a while guild Solos rancor....

Raids are supposed to promote cooperation, not cut throat behaviors.
  • Dehnwerkzeug
    6 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    deleted
    Post edited by Dehnwerkzeug on
  • Options
    7 raids done since the release of G12+ pieces, still unable to craft a full G12+ piece. Ranks

8 raids done now
  • Superfan1995
    10 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    When I try to believe the game will be easier and better for player, you guys just make it worse. Just I thought the star war franchise cannot become even lower.

Very disappointing
  • Options
    Here is something I think I must say:

No more luck, no more raid exclusive, more thing that can be bought from store (not the one cost crystal because the overpriced) please. And more important, reward no more centered on the god **** PVP.

Just how long do you think we have to play the game to get something valuable? It is even possible before we die of old age? How many time do you think we have on this game.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Speed doesn’t seem to
    Arcaver wrote: »
    2zl1kdxvbapm.png

This is the kind of **** that needs to be fixed in all the raids. Remove all the junk that everyone can get thousands of pieces of and give better gear as a reward for our hard work. Your Sith Raid is trash, if you're not going to improve it, improve the other raids.

I use to have that same amount until I got lots of my toons to G12. Now it’s all gone. So don’t worry about that gear. It will find a home soon enough. And then you will see your next hurtle. Enjoy g11 while you can. Lol
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This is my opinion:

But the guild leaders shouldn't have to coordinate a "rotation" (or in your case, "assignments") to make up for a bad reward structure. That's kinda the whole point of this thread. Players should not have to spend time *working* to figure out ways to work around poor game design.

The "random assignments" are done by the game. The Tie breakers that decide which player gets 1st etc. We don't do any work, and since it's random, we don't structure it or keep track of who gets top.
  • Options

It was implemented in some way for a short peroid for sith raid and it was really really bad. I dont think they will go back to it.
  • Options
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Just checking back... still no response from the Devs. Meanwhile I’m on five first place finishes and one second since the change and still haven’t received a full G12-plus piece and only have one total because the game seems to suspiciously give you half of whatever one you don’t already have.

And then u realise some toons need two of the same g12+ gear. LOL.

You aren’t following. I’m fully aware some toons need more than one of the same gear piece. What I am saying is I seem to get half of every piece BEFORE I get the second half of any piece. So I got half of every single piece before getting the second half of the MK12 Holo Lens. Crafted that after last raid. So what do I get this raid? Half of another MK12 Holo Lens. Not ANY of the other pieces which I already had half the salvage for.

I just double checked. There are six G12+ pieces. I have half of every single one. I left out a raid in my original comment. We have run eight raids since the change, not six. Because I got half of all six pieces before getting the second half of a Holo Lens, then got another half Holo Lens today, literally the only salvage I could get that would keep me from completing another piece.

No u aren't following. I was highlighting your hopeless situation where u have half of the entire spread and some toons need 2 of the same.

I was on ur side bruh
  • Options
    Seanasy wrote: »
    I've gotten 3 or 4 complete g12+ peices since the change and plenty of regular g12 peices. I take first every time 2.8m roster 16-20mil dmg I've spent a few hundred dollars on the game. Hsith is all about mods you guys are just a bunch of whiners and the minority that have poor luck on reward drops. I will however agree challenge gear needs to go in all raids. If you want to get ahead in this game move up the guild ladder don't sit in your casual non cluster guild with a +100 arena rank in both arena's and complain that you can't keep up. Get gud.

#1 in both arenas
    Consistently #2 in hsith
    3.2mil roster
    ZERO fully crafted g12+ pieces

Granted that rng was still kind enough to give me the right salvage to make 3 g12+ pieces, but telling people to "git gud" when all u've done is won the game of rng is laughable.
  • Scorchy
    69 posts Member
    Options
    so I regularly place 11-15 in my guild for Hsith raid and a friend of mine regularly gets 6-10. It's only a 5 placement difference on most days, but over the course of 10 Hsith raids he has gotten 3 pieces of fully crafted g12+ gear while I have only gotten roughly 14/50 for 1 piece and 24/60 for the other piece for a single slot. Just because he gets like 800k more damage than I do he gets over 10x the reward! Such nonsense we both put in the same time and effort but he can do more because he has a resistance trooper over my Barris or his night sisters can pull out hefty damage in phase 4 while I lack that team. How is anyone above top 10 even going to ever get g12+ gear in a reasonable amount of time compared to top 10?
  • Options
    At least you're getting g12+ gear
  • bisto_760
    236 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The reward structure is terrible now. It's one thing after another with this raid. It's put a downer on the whole game for sure. What gets me was the latest update was supposed to be a "fix", but doesn't seem very well thought out.
  • Options

I think the top 20 deserve a chance at G12+ gear IMO. Most past that aren’t either working hard enough towards it or really need to work on their squads a lot better. The problem with the way rewards go is that this puts people in a situation to leave a guild in order to go to less competitive guilds for the G12+ gear.
  • Options
    Nevermind, it'll be 2020 before we know it and EA will lose the licence anyway (I think that's the expiry date, might be 21). Then none of this will matter as the game will be kaput.

I suspect Disney likely won't renew it for EA.

Everything I enjoy is being brutally murdered, C&C, SW and various other things EA has killed and eaten. Origin was a perfectly serviceable studio, that got turned into a client because EA don't like Steam eating into their margins.

Then again, could be MSF. That game has been out, what? 3 months? Foxnext are already maiming it.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options
    Just checking back... still no response from the Devs. Meanwhile I’m on five first place finishes and one second since the change and still haven’t received a full G12-plus piece and only have one total because the game seems to suspiciously give you half of whatever one you don’t already have.

And then u realise some toons need two of the same g12+ gear. LOL.

You aren’t following. I’m fully aware some toons need more than one of the same gear piece. What I am saying is I seem to get half of every piece BEFORE I get the second half of any piece. So I got half of every single piece before getting the second half of the MK12 Holo Lens. Crafted that after last raid. So what do I get this raid? Half of another MK12 Holo Lens. Not ANY of the other pieces which I already had half the salvage for.

I just double checked. There are six G12+ pieces. I have half of every single one. I left out a raid in my original comment. We have run eight raids since the change, not six. Because I got half of all six pieces before getting the second half of a Holo Lens, then got another half Holo Lens today, literally the only salvage I could get that would keep me from completing another piece.

No u aren't following. I was highlighting your hopeless situation where u have half of the entire spread and some toons need 2 of the same.

I was on ur side bruh

My mistake.
    Seanasy wrote: »
    I've gotten 3 or 4 complete g12+ peices since the change and plenty of regular g12 peices. I take first every time 2.8m roster 16-20mil dmg I've spent a few hundred dollars on the game. Hsith is all about mods you guys are just a bunch of whiners and the minority that have poor luck on reward drops. I will however agree challenge gear needs to go in all raids. If you want to get ahead in this game move up the guild ladder don't sit in your casual non cluster guild with a +100 arena rank in both arena's and complain that you can't keep up. Get gud.

#1 in both arenas
    Consistently #2 in hsith
    3.2mil roster
    ZERO fully crafted g12+ pieces

Granted that rng was still kind enough to give me the right salvage to make 3 g12+ pieces, but telling people to "git gud" when all u've done is won the game of rng is laughable.

We just finished our 9th Raid since the reward changes. I now have two G12+ pieces, which is the minimum I could have possibly received having finished first seven times, second one time and third one time. Still no full G12+ piece. On the bright side... I only need 165 more Traya shards until I can start virtually ignoring this terrible raid and letting guild mates have a better shot at top three.
  • Options
    So older guild member just tell the stuff can be found in the shop after 80 level, though it still over price and hard to come by, that is still good. I guess I should take back some of my angry word?

Any way, it will always be better if there is more instruction and advice.
  • Options
    Ive stopped the cash train investment into this game until they fix these rewards. Over to you CG
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    There was talk of making the gear drops be the same across all players in a raid, and only compensating higher ranked players with more guild currency (because the #1 player in the Heroic sith Raid is obviously putting in more time and effort than the #50 player)

But if all team don't win ticket, #1 player will play less raid.
    If all team don't play the raid, #1 player won't finish the last raid.
    Raid is a team work
    518 posts Member
    Options
    The staff could actually change something in the reward. Make a mecanic that would prevent player to get the same gear reward that they had on the previous raid.
    Exemple : Heroic Rancor. I got 40 pieces of Nubian 7 and 16 of chiewab 6 (rewards from being 2nd by the way...). Next time, I'll get anything that is not Nubian 7 or Chiewab 6.

Do that on all raids and make every raid granting guild event tokens so that you can make them at least interesting in the rewards.
  • Options
    The rewards are trash, we have done 9 raids since the rewards have changed and I've placed top 3 everytime and have received 1 fully crafted g12+ piece. A lousy 5.5% drop on those currently and I expect it to get worked not better. There appears to be no benefit of finishing top 3 other than the 2 chances you get at a full piece which apparently has the same odds as winning the power ball. This raid sucks.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I think the top 20 deserve a chance at G12+ gear IMO. Most past that aren’t either working hard enough towards it or really need to work on their squads a lot better. The problem with the way rewards go is that this puts people in a situation to leave a guild in order to go to less competitive guilds for the G12+ gear.

Even a damage threshold for possible full drops would be better than this horrific mess. The rewards are terrible and, as you point out, actually encourage strong players in strong guilds to leave and bully up HSith foe weaker guilds.

It's ironic, CG/EA implements all kinds of stop-gaps to try to stop people from guild hopping - then designs a raid reward structure that not only encourages that behavior, but rewards it. :D

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Options
    Just an update, the changes have been out for a month and my guild does 2 raids a week, and I place top 30 avg. I still can not craft a g12 gear, nor have I received a fully crafted one. And I am not alone.

Is that wai?
  • Options
    JJWZP5 wrote: »
    Just an update, the changes have been out for a month and my guild does 2 raids a week, and I place top 30 avg. I still can not craft a g12 gear, nor have I received a fully crafted one. And I am not alone.

Is that wai?

Pretty sure it is wai. The devs indicated in their first, brief reward tweak that the high amount of full g12 pieces wasn't the intent and was only happening b/c g12+ did not exist at release.

All indications from that first try are they intended heroic to have just as trashy rewards as the lower tiers, they just lacked the new gear to make it sound like the rewards weren't trashy.
  • Options
    im going to laugh if it isnt revan but malak . still will be cool though
  • Options
    Similar to others on here...7 HSTR and still unable to create a full gear piece. Most are still 0/50 and 0/20. I usually rank 11-20 which should give me a 40% chance....apparently.
    I’m not great at maths but something doesn’t add up:(
  • Snap
    5 posts Member
    Options
    EA and the Devs don't care about you, period...they care about your money. I like how they nerf the NS teams AFTER all the top spenders reap the rewards and get DT to 7*. Then try to cover up their **** by saying the gear drop rate is creating an UNINTENDED gap that can't be closed. They did it on purpose. Their entire fiduciary responsibility is to make sure the only way to close that gap is with your hard earned money, while trying to convince you otherwise. #classactionlawsuit.
  • Options
    But, but, the whole thing is bad game design. 100+ restarts to get decent runs. It's a joke.