G12 and Heroic Raid Reward Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    But, but, the whole thing is bad game design. 100+ restarts to get decent runs. It's a joke.

If you're in a strong guild, you don't have time for multiple restarts in the high scoring sweet spots of the raid. So rng decides who finishes at the top. The 80% of the guild that had less luck are left out. So, yeah, extremely poor design.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    But, but, the whole thing is bad game design. 100+ restarts to get decent runs. It's a joke.

... I think you are doing something wrong? Chex Mix usually takes 6-10 attempts, but each restart takes like 15 seconds, so it's no big deal.

If you're doing over 100 restarts each time, you are either setting your score standards too high, or your mods/team needs rework.
  • Hello,

While you are thinking about fixing the BoW loop holes, can you put an intern or someone able to fix and arrange rewards from T1-6 and T7 >11
    This won't take much time of your design and engineering team.

Thank you
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Either way, I can't believe that THIS is the intent of Phase 3. Not fun, not interesting.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Wow I never thought this thread would die before something was changed....
  • The rewards are great currently!
    There is an incentive to reach top 10 and anyone in a HSR capable guild gets much better rewards than T6, as they should its HEROIC.

This game wouldn't even be fun if everything was equal.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    The rewards are great currently!
    There is an incentive to reach top 10 and anyone in a HSR capable guild gets much better rewards than T6, as they should its HEROIC.

This game wouldn't even be fun if everything was equal.

Did you forget there are 50 people in a guild? Not everyone will be able to reach top 10. Only the 10 "best". The 10 with the largest highly-geared rosters. HRS isn't like pit and tank where people can clear it all with 1-3 teams. It's whoever has the most good teams to throw at it.

In many guilds that'll mean to reach your goal you'll have to open your wallet since you don't get over 4 million GP being F2P. Some people will never see top 10 unless they leave their guild for one that's less competitive and can still complete HSR. People who whale will keep on whaling so you'll never catch up with them.
  • Devs should just drop Phase 3. We beat the first 2 Sith then fight all 3 as the last stage.
  • Devs should just drop Phase 3. We beat the first 2 Sith then fight all 3 as the last stage.

How does that fix rewards
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »

... I think you are doing something wrong? Chex Mix usually takes 6-10 attempts, but each restart takes like 15 seconds, so it's no big deal.

If you're doing over 100 restarts each time, you are either setting your score standards too high, or your mods/team needs rework.

In a strong guild, you need to have more than 1 good run with 1 team. You need a strong run in every phase. And that assumes you can hover on your phone and be ready for each phase. Which is why top heavy rewards are horrible.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • We continue to bleed experienced players from the guild due to lack of anything to play for and lack of any real opportunity to advance via the Sith raid. People are really just hanging around and auto-ing it at this point because it's not fun.
  • caldera wrote: »
    We continue to bleed experienced players from the guild due to lack of anything to play for and lack of any real opportunity to advance via the Sith raid. People are really just hanging around and auto-ing it at this point because it's not fun.

For real, and the only sithy response we get from devs is more nerfs on toons.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • AbrekV
    54 posts Member
    With the structure of the rewards system in this raid players bellow top 10 can't progress. So guild will have some problem; like players quitting guild for better place. You need to change the reward system.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »

In a strong guild, you need to have more than 1 good run with 1 team. You need a strong run in every phase. And that assumes you can hover on your phone and be ready for each phase. Which is why top heavy rewards are horrible.

I agree that the top heavy rewards are horrible. But it's also a slap in the face for the top players to get the same rewards as the guy who posted at 0 and didn't show up. It's a hard dilemma - I think the top players should get better rewards, but maybe no as drastically different as we see now.

And in a strong guild you don't have time to do 100s of restarts. I have time for maybe 1-2 restarts in phase 1 before it's over. Phase 3 you can get a bunch of restarts in because each attempt takes 15 seconds, but "100s" means you are relying way too much on RNG and not enough of a consistent setup.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Sooooo ... did the anyone reply to all that was being said so far ??
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    6hau7qyt1vwj.jpeg
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I agree that the top heavy rewards are horrible. But it's also a slap in the face for the top players to get the same rewards as the guy who posted at 0 and didn't show up. It's a hard dilemma

—— you get more coin more currency better chances at full stuff it does not mean everyones rewards must stink compared to yours....

Everyone else should not have to get TRASH just so ppl dont feel “cheated”. You can get great stuff and others really good stuff so everyone wins and whaleegos are satisfied their dominance was respected

As a guild member shouldnt you be rooting and promoting better rewards for all members to get better.....

Just more proof guilds are dead and being part of one is just how ppl can use 49 other people to their advantage....

I always joke guilds here are now the most anti family thing under the disney brand :)
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    I agree that the top heavy rewards are horrible. But it's also a slap in the face for the top players to get the same rewards as the guy who posted at 0 and didn't show up. It's a hard dilemma

—— you get more coin more currency better chances at full stuff it does not mean everyones rewards must stink compared to yours....

Everyone else should not have to get TRASH just so ppl dont feel “cheated”. You can get great stuff and others really good stuff so everyone wins and whaleegos are satisfied their dominance was respected

As a guild member shouldnt you be rooting and promoting better rewards for all members to get better.....

Just more proof guilds are dead and being part of one is just how ppl can use 49 other people to their advantage....

I always joke guilds here are now the most anti family thing under the disney brand :)

Exactly. In most mmo it’s even the opposite. Tryhard guilds in world of warcraft for exemple will give as much equipment as possible to the weaker members, so that they catch up and the whole guild can move on to harder content faster.
    It’s just pure logic.

But this game is all about punishment and defiance instead of rewards and collaboration. At least when it comes to « guilds ».
  • JohnAran wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Exactly. In most mmo it’s even the opposite. Tryhard guilds in world of warcraft for exemple will give as much equipment as possible to the weaker members, so that they catch up and the whole guild can move on to harder content faster.
    It’s just pure logic.

But this game is all about punishment and defiance instead of rewards and collaboration. At least when it comes to « guilds ».

It's sad. But that's how cg seems to want it with the rewards.
  • Well in my guild, it’s who has the best NS squad that determines the top ten. So if you didn’t build that squad, it doesn’t matter how good your roster is. Most of the top finishers are from the middle of my guild for that reason.
  • And then not to mention the unwillingness of the top damage dealers to stay out of the top three after they aquire 7* Traya because of the gear rewards restructuring, but I actually think that is the real reason the developers structured the rewards the way the have.
  • Garbage rewards again for heroic. Getting old fast.
  • The rewards should be based on damage brackets. So 10m-20m is tier 1, 5m-10m is tier 2 and so on. Those numbers are just examples but you get the idea. That way everyone pushes for higher damage but don't screw their guild mates in the process. I think cg don't utilize this idea cus it could mean more than one person occupying top spot. Too cheap I suppose.
  • Typical snowflakes. Crying for the same trophy as the MVP cause they showed up instead of constantly improving like the MVP guy.

EA is a business and wants to make money. That’s not a bad thing. They employ 1000s of people who are able to provide for their families.

You want better rewards? Earn them. Put in the time and effort. Doesn’t even require you to spend money. Just requires proper planning and effort.

When I realized NS was going to be the dominate team that determined top ranking in the sith raid I focused all my efforts on them. Meanwhile you were foucused on another faction simply because you liked them. Now that I’m getting better rewards than you suddenly it isn’t fair. Well guess what? That’s exactly how life’s is also. Focus on what you need to do now so you can do what you want to do later.
  • Typical snowflakes. Crying for the same trophy as the MVP cause they showed up instead of constantly improving like the MVP guy.

EA is a business and wants to make money. That’s not a bad thing. They employ 1000s of people who are able to provide for their families.

You want better rewards? Earn them. Put in the time and effort. Doesn’t even require you to spend money. Just requires proper planning and effort.

When I realized NS was going to be the dominate team that determined top ranking in the sith raid I focused all my efforts on them. Meanwhile you were foucused on another faction simply because you liked them. Now that I’m getting better rewards than you suddenly it isn’t fair. Well guess what? That’s exactly how life’s is also. Focus on what you need to do now so you can do what you want to do later.

I'd really like to see your guild get slaughtered in TW by a guild that works cooperatively like mine...
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    evoluza wrote: »

You realize that this is a GUILD Raid?
    50 people come together, beating all challenges the game has to over and stuff.
    Now this reward structure destroys the purpose of guild's. I think someone has to tell you that not everyone in your guild can reach top 10,because only 10 can....
    That's the problem.

I am agree with you but the problem is the same for every Raid.

Every Raid is a guild Raid!
    Tt's all the guild who allow people to do raid.

Try alone to get all your raid ticket:
    Without the other player on your guild, you will wait 100 day to play heroic rancor!

So yes, the reward should be same for every one!

• JohnAran
    312 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Typical snowflakes. Crying for the same trophy as the MVP cause they showed up instead of constantly improving like the MVP guy.

2j0ggf4.jpg

Yeah that’s exactly what it is. I want to share, so i must be the needy one, right. Only the losers want to share right. Real winners want to get it all and keep it all for themselves cause they « earned » it.
    Such a sad way of thinking.

Edit : btw, that’s what having the only jtr in your guild does.