Does anyone run a maxed Geonosian Fleet?

Prev1
wikking
14 posts Member
edited June 2018
Does anyone run a Geonosian fleet (with a couple of omegas) and can share his impressions?
Before I go All-in, I want to be sure that I won't regret ;)

On Def, is it best under Ackbar? Does it get targeted more often than the usual Meta (Thrawn, TFP, Vader, Biggs)?

Replies

• wikking wrote: »
    Before I go All-in, I want to be sure that I won't regret ;)

Me too - thanks for starting this thread. I literally just unlocked Geo Spy ship so now have all three.

And I'm thinking - do I or don't I? (I must confess I'm pointing slightly to the "don't" idea right now lol...)

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    I run a complete Geo/Ackbar setup. I don’t usually fall out of top 10 and my offensive battles are insanely easy. Is Ackbar setup the best? Idk. I hear they are extremely tanky. For better or worse, since that means they have time to get to their Ult. They’re extremely burst dmg on offense, so I imagine they are at least fairly burst dmg on defense, add in tanky.. sounds great.

Haven’t had a chance to test other capitals. Tarkin or Thrawn would be my other choices. Thrawn over Tarkin personally, but experience outstrips theory and feelings. One day I’ll try them out, when I get the prestige
  • wikking
    14 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »
    I run a complete Geo/Ackbar setup. I don’t usually fall out of top 10 and my offensive battles are insanely easy. Is Ackbar setup the best? Idk. I hear they are extremely tanky. For better or worse, since that means they have time to get to their Ult. They’re extremely burst dmg on offense, so I imagine they are at least fairly burst dmg on defense, add in tanky.. sounds great.

Haven’t had a chance to test other capitals. Tarkin or Thrawn would be my other choices. Thrawn over Tarkin personally, but experience outstrips theory and feelings. One day I’ll try them out, when I get the prestige

Thanks for your input! Few questions remaining ;)

1. Are you lvl 85 on an older shard or still developing?
    2. Do you have Omegas on the ships (I guess Spy unique and Sun Fac unique are really essential)
    3. What do you use as reinforcements (and which 1-2 on offense usually)?

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    wikking wrote: »

Thanks for your input! Few questions remaining ;)

1. Are you lvl 85 on an older shard or still developing?
    2. Do you have Omegas on the ships (I guess Spy unique and Sun Fac unique are really essential)
    3. What do you use as reinforcements (and which 1-2 on offense usually)?
    1. I’m on a Dec 2016 shard
    2. I have omegas on all of their uniques, working on their basics, then their specials (I find all of their uniques to be essential, Soldier means Tie never dodges)
    3. On offense, the very turn where I can reinforce is the very turn I win. Either I do it by bring in Cassian for a defense down and assist, or I use ackbars basic for a hit and assist, either way I win. If this doesn’t happen (Rare), I might be bringing in Plo for heals and TM gain, save Cassian for his buff removal later. I have Boba in there, but I’ll be taking him out. Apparently AI prioritizes him, and it’s causing issues with my defense.
  • Thanks @Ender22 - appreciated.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I don't run any of them as starters but typically I bring Soldier in as my first reinforcement to overwhelm Biggs (if not already dead) and then SF for the stuns. The assists from Soldier at that point are fun.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I don't run any of them as starters but typically I bring Soldier in as my first reinforcement to overwhelm Biggs (if not already dead) and then SF for the stuns. The assists from Soldier at that point are fun.

I guess my issue is - aren't they all best when used together? Doesn't that get the most out of them?

If coming in as reinforcements then they might not be in action together. And I'm too timid to ditch Biggs from my starting line-up...

Hmm.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I guess my issue is - aren't they all best when used together? Doesn't that get the most out of them?

If coming in as reinforcements then they might not be in action together. And I'm too timid to ditch Biggs from my starting line-up...

Hmm.

I'm sure they're best together, although I don't know if they're good enough together to justify them all as starters (or any for that matter). I already had Soldier at G11 under Ships 1.0, and I farmed SF to G11 after the rework when I saw how useful a double stun could be as a reinforcement. But only as a reinforcement, and so I run the (probable, for the moment) meta of Biggs TF Vader with those as my usual first two reinforcements.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I dont run these ships, but I do have an opponent on my shard that runs them. Thing is, I intentionally attack him on every occasion, since even tho he has higher fleet power, I beat him every. Single.time.

Im not overpowered in any way, I get like 3 wins out of 5 matches against the biggs tf vader meta, and obviously im looking for weaker targets..

So that really puts me off of ever using them. And the geo pilots arent particularly easy zo gear either. So big investment, seemingly for nothing.
  • wikking
    14 posts Member
    @roopehun: but are they really maxed with their omegas? They only shine whith these omegas. It makes a huge difference.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'm sure they're best together, although I don't know if they're good enough together to justify them all as starters...

Which is exactly where I am.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Well Sun Fac is a great reinforcement. I have his ship at 7* but his toon is only g8 with level 3 abilities. For some reason the AI calls him first (I took out Boba and dont have Scimitar). I barely fall overnight and can get top 10 in ships now even though Im at 309k fleet power and everyone else around me is 350+. As far as I can tell Im the only one that has SF.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    I made quite a lot of research and they seem Great! The last stages of their omega are like zetas. The only problem is that you risk to waste a lot of materials on Ackbar because they're probably going to release some separatist capital ship sooner or later (They could go with resistance/FO capitals first, but the malevolence/invisible hand with grievous or sidious or some other separatist vessel like gunray's ship will probably come someday). Besides all this, yes, they're worth it. They're extremely strong regardless of the capital, even if ackbar seems made just for them.
    @roopehun: but are they really maxed with their omegas? They only shine whith these omegas. It makes a huge difference.

Ive just checked for you.
    He has maxed pilots and ship stars, but he only has omega on GSoldier.
    Personally, I dont see Spy's omega a game changer, as while you can access Soldier, you would never attack Spy anyway. Sun Facs omega is a handy extra defense, but honestly, even 30-50% plus health still wouldnt make him as strong of a tank as Biggs, so again, thats not whats hindering this team, in my oppinion.
  • Spy's omega ensures +30% offense to all, how is that not gamechanging?
  • i don't run it but i might start training them after i get geo spy so i can unlock his ship
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »

Personally, I dont see Spy's omega a game changer, as while you can access Soldier, you would never attack Spy anyway. Sun Facs omega is a handy extra defense, but honestly, even 30-50% plus health still wouldnt make him as strong of a tank as Biggs, so again, thats not whats hindering this team, in my oppinion.

I had thought of Spy’s (and still think of) omega as The most important Omega. Without talking down the others (they are great), it’s Spy that gets you the kills.

I can’t speak a whole lot for defense (I can’t see the battles), but I hold top 10 until payout, and my shardmates have said they are both very tanky (Ackbar) and high dmg.

Spy’s omega gets you this:
    NoG3fD4.jpg
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member

I had thought of Spy’s (and still think of) omega as The most important Omega. Without talking down the others (they are great), it’s Spy that gets you the kills.

I can’t speak a whole lot for defense (I can’t see the battles), but I hold top 10 until payout, and my shardmates have said they are both very tanky (Ackbar) and high dmg.

NoG3fD4.jpg

Not to make you feel bad, but top10 isnt particularly impressive. It actually means that there are 9 better squads, i suppose all running the meta. I personally finished 4th today with thr meta, with zero omegas.
    And thats with your spy omegaed...
  • Rebels using geonosian ships feels wrong to me
  • wikking
    14 posts Member
    Honestly, you can't compare rankings with each other. In my shard it would be great to stay top 10 over night. I drop to 15-30 from P1-4. In other shards you drop even further.

It's more value to know how far one drops with team a comparef to Team b on the same shard.
    Honestly, you can't compare rankings with each other. In my shard it would be great to stay top 10 over night. I drop to 15-30 from P1-4. In other shards you drop even further.

This. Saying what's doing well in your shard is meaningless. Geo fleets wouldn't, and don't, last 5 minutes in my shard.

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited June 2018

NoG3fD4.jpg

Not to make you feel bad, but top10 isnt particularly impressive. It actually means that there are 9 better squads, i suppose all running the meta. I personally finished 4th today with thr meta, with zero omegas.

I think you misunderstand me, I place 1st everyday. But I don’t get knocked past 10 throughout the night/day. There is not a person in this game who stays 1st 24/7

Edit: For further clarification (if it’s necessary), I don’t battle throughout the day to hold top 10, I’m just there. 6 hour until my payout and I’ve held 2nd.
    Post edited by Ender22 on
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member

It's more value to know how far one drops with team a comparef to Team b on the same shard.

This is entirely true. I wish I could compare somehow, but it can’t be done.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member

This is entirely true. I wish I could compare somehow, but it can’t be done.

If you have an idea if anyone else in your shard that's also top 10 shares the same payout as you, you can make note of where they fall each day (checking before noon for example).
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member

NoG3fD4.jpg

I think you misunderstand me, I place 1st everyday. But I don’t get knocked past 10 throughout the night/day. There is not a person in this game who stays 1st 24/7

Edit: For further clarification (if it’s necessary), I don’t battle throughout the day to hold top 10, I’m just there. 6 hour until my payout and I’ve held 2nd.

Youre right, I did misunderstand you. Thank you for sharing your success, Im happy for you and it actually sheds light to the geos.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member

NoG3fD4.jpg

Youre right, I did misunderstand you. Thank you for sharing your success, Im happy for you and it actually sheds light to the geos.

Thanks, just want to see more people try it out, maxed, see if they share the same success. But I really am interested to see if a Republic fleet can work. I took what I saw as the safe route (bugs), but I’d much better like to get Mace up and running
  • Ender22 wrote: »

Well when my shard was younger and our local whale quit i held first for 3weeks straight without ever losing a fight on defense. My fleet was that far ahead of everyone elses. Doesn't happen anymore, but it is quite obtainable on less mature shards
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

NoG3fD4.jpg

Thanks, just want to see more people try it out, maxed, see if they share the same success. But I really am interested to see if a Republic fleet can work. I took what I saw as the safe route (bugs), but I’d much better like to get Mace up and running

FYI, Recent post here of guy getting #1 with Mace. Within last few days.
  • I swapped to geos last night finally. They are alot less rng dependent on offense. We'll see how well i hold on d. One thing i noticed is ackbars prot up only lasts for 1 turn instead of two described in the ability. Of course it won't let me submit a bug report on my phone. Sigh.