Does anyone run a maxed Geonosian Fleet?

2Next

Replies

• Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    I swapped to geos last night finally. They are alot less rng dependent on offense. We'll see how well i hold on d. One thing i noticed is ackbars prot up only lasts for 1 turn instead of two described in the ability. Of course it won't let me submit a bug report on my phone. Sigh.

If you would report back on how it holds on defense, I think we'd all appreciate.
    I wish you good luck.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Roopehun wrote: »
    wikking wrote: »
    @roopehun: but are they really maxed with their omegas? They only shine whith these omegas. It makes a huge difference.

Ive just checked for you.
    He has maxed pilots and ship stars, but he only has omega on GSoldier.
    Personally, I dont see Spy's omega a game changer, as while you can access Soldier, you would never attack Spy anyway. Sun Facs omega is a handy extra defense, but honestly, even 30-50% plus health still wouldnt make him as strong of a tank as Biggs, so again, thats not whats hindering this team, in my oppinion.

I had thought of Spy’s (and still think of) omega as The most important Omega. Without talking down the others (they are great), it’s Spy that gets you the kills.

I can’t speak a whole lot for defense (I can’t see the battles), but I hold top 10 until payout, and my shardmates have said they are both very tanky (Ackbar) and high dmg.

Spy’s omega gets you this:
    NoG3fD4.jpg

Not to make you feel bad, but top10 isnt particularly impressive. It actually means that there are 9 better squads, i suppose all running the meta. I personally finished 4th today with thr meta, with zero omegas.
    And thats with your spy omegaed...

I think you misunderstand me, I place 1st everyday. But I don’t get knocked past 10 throughout the night/day. There is not a person in this game who stays 1st 24/7

Edit: For further clarification (if it’s necessary), I don’t battle throughout the day to hold top 10, I’m just there. 6 hour until my payout and I’ve held 2nd.

Youre right, I did misunderstand you. Thank you for sharing your success, Im happy for you and it actually sheds light to the geos.

Thanks, just want to see more people try it out, maxed, see if they share the same success. But I really am interested to see if a Republic fleet can work. I took what I saw as the safe route (bugs), but I’d much better like to get Mace up and running

FYI, Recent post here of guy getting #1 with Mace. Within last few days.

I think with this re-work so fresh and material so rare, there will be many more viable builds that what's seen today. Today's meta more reflects what people have built at this time. Many use Thrawn still, but I think he's the 3rd best cap ship, but they're all pretty good and viable in the right team.
  • Roopehun wrote: »
    I swapped to geos last night finally. They are alot less rng dependent on offense. We'll see how well i hold on d. One thing i noticed is ackbars prot up only lasts for 1 turn instead of two described in the ability. Of course it won't let me submit a bug report on my phone. Sigh.

If you would report back on how it holds on defense, I think we'd all appreciate.
    I wish you good luck.

Looks like it held no better, no worse then normal. 7th with 2 hours till payout. I usually drop in the 6-13th range on d. I don't know, my geos are g11 and not 12 like my old team and my ackbar only has the bugged prot up maxed, so maybe if they fix the bug and i geared up more it would hold better...i also still need to figure out what to have on reinforcements with the new team.
  • wikking
    14 posts Member

I wish you good luck.

Looks like it held no better, no worse then normal. 7th with 2 hours till payout. I usually drop in the 6-13th range on d. I don't know, my geos are g11 and not 12 like my old team and my ackbar only has the bugged prot up maxed, so maybe if they fix the bug and i geared up more it would hold better...i also still need to figure out what to have on reinforcements with the new team.

What I really like about the geos: they really benefit from the omegas which make them so much better compared to the meta teams where the omegas are mostly just nice to have.

Reinforcement king: Biggs. Have him maxed, he comes in with bonus protection, a guaranteed TL, Taunt and uses his assist attack which is nice with geos under akbar ;)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I'm about 1/3 there. I turned all the omega materials you get from PvE board progress into the Soldier's unique final evolution, now I'm starting on Spy's. I'll start playing with them once I have all three.

I know I could probably get by using them without Sun Fac's (although I definitely need to upgrade it, I'm just saying I could use them while earning the materials for his) but my bugs' gear is a little low and I could sure benefit from the time it'll take to get another 40 omegas (total).
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • wikking wrote: »

I wish you good luck.

What I really like about the geos: they really benefit from the omegas which make them so much better compared to the meta teams where the omegas are mostly just nice to have.

Reinforcement king: Biggs. Have him maxed, he comes in with bonus protection, a guaranteed TL, Taunt and uses his assist attack which is nice with geos under akbar ;)

I was using slave 1, but sun fac is still up so his retribution isn't as effective. I'm thinking maybe scimitar or a phantom with maxed reinforce. So put all attackers in my reinforce, with phantom first. With home one I'd have 5 ships out really fast.
  • wikking
    14 posts Member
    I thought abut Phantom, too. But pilots are only G10 right now. The other option would be Vader. 3 dots and offense down on all enemys is a killer!

However, I went all-in now and don't regret it at all! Most fleet battles over within 45 seconds ;)
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    I too was thinking about Phantom, but I believe the cooldown reduction is only for 1 turn? And there is no guarantee the AI will use it correctly. I believe Biggs is the better choice.

Slave I is ok, he will get dispelled though so he won’t get any use, and he doesn’t come in with a big attack. I took him off my team because the AI was pretty much guaranteed to start with him, and it didn’t do me any good.

Biggs, however, he’ll come in and wipe the floor with somebody. And, dispel him, sure, but there is a chance he’ll get the taunt right back.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    I too was thinking about Phantom, but I believe the cooldown reduction is only for 1 turn?

It reduces your cap ship reinforcement by one, which means you can reinforce again on your next cap ship turn.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I too was thinking about Phantom, but I believe the cooldown reduction is only for 1 turn?

It reduces your cap ship reinforcement by one, which means you can reinforce again on your next cap ship turn.

But then not the turn after right?
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

But then not the turn after right?

Correct, but it would be a really fast way to get to 5 ships. Toss in how much faster then thrawn ackbar is and you have a pretty big advantage. I haven't decieded if i want it yet. I lean towards yes though.

By not relying on biggs i can split my fleet into 2 meta offenses. Geos AND biggs tfp, vader. Maybe not an arena need, but handy in TW.
  • I am pretty close to a maxed geo fleet and they also make fleet battles easy. I have 3* every battle on the first try so far and only have 4 more battles left
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    What gear would you say they become viable? I’m stuck at the raid gear bottleneck currently, g9 until a few more Rancors break my way.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    What gear would you say they become viable? I’m stuck at the raid gear bottleneck currently, g9 until a few more Rancors break my way.

Idk, I had mine geared before the omegas. I feel like the omegas are Most important, but I don’t think undergeared works, since they need to do high dmg to do anything effective
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    I too was thinking about Phantom, but I believe the cooldown reduction is only for 1 turn? And there is no guarantee the AI will use it correctly. I believe Biggs is the better choice.

I got the last mats and pulled the trigger on phantom 2 just now. Placed phantom 2 in first slot, slave 1 in 2nd. Ai called phantom 2 for me. Next turn slave 1 came in.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member

I got the last mats and pulled the trigger on phantom 2 just now. Placed phantom 2 in first slot, slave 1 in 2nd. Ai called phantom 2 for me. Next turn slave 1 came in.

That is great news! Glad that worked out. Thanks for sharing!
  • Sorry for not being quite on topic but I fail finding the info somewhere else: how many reinforcement ability mats are needed to upgrade reinforcement ability to lvl 3?
  • CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    @Cyclonick
    25 mats for level 2, 75 for level 3, for 100 total.

I've been running Geo fleets since the the PvE table came out, and they're amazing. I can easily reach top 5 for payout, and hold top 20 overnight.

I run Home One, 3 Geo's, with Biggs and Slave 1 as my reinforcements (for defense*). I use Kylo Command Shuttle as a reinforcement for offense. Spy's special is a 2-turn cooldown, so battles usually play out like this:

Enemies attack. My Ackbar heals. Spy does special on Biggs for kill, soldier does special on ITF for kill, enemy attacks, Ackbar reinforces with KCS, reduce Spy's cooldown, spy does special on Vader for kill.

Most matches done in under 30 seconds.

*I say for defense, because AI prioritizes Biggs, then Slave 1 above KCS and Silencer, regardless of what order you slot them in. Works pretty well for defense, but I'd rather have the ability to choose order back.

Edit: Biggs without the 's' is censored? Interesting