What's the point of physical special split

Zombie961
1819 posts Member
Yoda reworked brought it back to my mind. What's the point of the split? Seems like a needless complication instead of just damage rating and defense rating/armor

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    It should have been a distinct path for gear, that would have been used on the character to increase their unique abilities and give them strengths against certain other toons.....

Should have been.
    518 posts Member
    Directeur Krennic and his stuns cuffs, MK V Furnace agrees that it should have been a different path for him as well.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Well, generally speaking, Physical critical chance and armor tend to be higher than Special critical chance and Resistance. So I find that special damage tends to give a more predictable damage output, are Tactics based heroes can do a lot of damage against attackers with high armor but low resistence (my 5s has 40% armor and 22% resistance). So you get fewer crits but higher regular damage. Emp and Talzin are good examples of this.

Granted, it's probably a mechanic that's a bit outdated.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Interesting mechanics that never realized their potential, is what they are. Mod sets that focus physical/special damage aspects instead of just "offense" would have been very interesting indeed.