The ongoing destruction of small guilds

Replies

• Follow the money. My bet is that small guilds don’t generate the kind of cashflow that “elite” guilds do, and that increasing compilation in “elite” guilds brings in more money.

The pricing in this game is really screwed up. I’d be willing to pay about $10 to immediately 7* fully gear a new marquee realeased toon, but there are enough people out there that will drop hundreds of dollars on a new toon.
  • Had a long post typed up. Decided my time was better spent encouraging and guiding my guild to focus on toons, gear and teams to progress, despite what CG has been trying to funnel us into.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I find it ludicrous that a pack that won't even max out two useless characters outside of the JTR event costs as much as a fully developed console/PC game that took years/millions to develop. And yet we buy those packs relentlessly and prove that we're sheep.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    I’m not sure how to respond to any of this.
    There is early game content, mid game content and end game content. Each has rewards meant to help you progress to the next stage of the game.
    Since the game started, end game players have progressed to the point where they need new content and new rewards, so new content is developed for them.
    Those in lower level guilds have plenty of mid game content to get through before worrying about this stuff.
    And you will get the rewards when you get to this point in the game.
    Being at level 85 doesn’t make you an end game player, some of us have been there since a month after level 85 was available. And our rosters have progressed over that time.
    Last point...if you choose to be in a guild that is not capable of doing end game content, you have no one else to blame. Most competitive players want to be in a guild with similar players so there are lots of high end guilds around. Those players also need new content.
    Your 40m guild can focus on haat like the rest of us did st that point, and when you are ready you can move on to hSith and the rewards that come with it.
    If you are in a guild where the top 10 of you make up 90% of the guilds gp, that is not anyone else’s fault.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    @kello_511

This should just be copied and pasted whenever someone complains about new/updated content.
  • Ben15
    42 posts Member
    "I know the game is designed a certain way, but I want to play it differently, and not have any negative consequences of this choice. I want it but am not getting it, therefore things are unfair."
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    So you guys think the hSTR rewards weren't good enough but the T1-T6 rewards were fine then?

I'm the first person to say "stop complaining" but I think about what people are saying first.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • For the people who are able to join HSR guilds but stay with you old guild because of loyalty, congrats. You don't have to cave in and follow the crowd of you don't want to. That being said, don't complain when you willing opt out of end game rewards ( traya, g12+, ect ) CG is not " breaking up small guilds " they are giving elite guilds rewards to strive for and those who cannot compete on a end game level should not revive end game rewards
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2018

TVF wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Everyone has to start somewhere. You have content you can complete already. Do that until you're ready for HSR. I remember years ago banging my head against a t5 Rancor raid for months before we graduated to heroic. Someone crybabying that they can't do the hardest content as a newish player is silly, and obnoxious.

But they're not being punished for being a new player, they're being punished for being in a small guild.

[...]

That's unfair.

Nobody is being punished. Nobody has anything taken away from them.

We were doing T4. For one or two raids we got GEC. Then they took it away from us.

1. This thread is about changes to rewards in heroic STR raids — not tier 4.
    2. Small guilds can easily clear tier 4 STR.

What's your point?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Last point...if you choose to be in a guild that is not capable of doing end game content, you have no one else to blame.

And there we go. This sentence perfectly demonstrates the problem.

"Blame".

The assumption is that there is "blame" in being in a smaller guild. It doesn't matter who is being blamed for it, there is still blame for being loyal to a lower level guild.

How absurd.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Last point...if you choose to be in a guild that is not capable of doing end game content, you have no one else to blame.

And there we go. This sentence perfectly demonstrates the problem.

"Blame".

The assumption is that there is "blame" in being in a smaller guild. It doesn't matter who is being blamed for it, there is still blame for being loyal to a lower level guild.

How absurd.

There is no blame for being in a smaller guild. You should be in whatever guild you choose to be in.
    But if your choice is to stay in a guild that is far underpowered for you, you can’t also expect the developers to cater to yours specific situation and “find a way” to give your guild end game rewards OR to hold end game players back to accommodate you.

What is it that you really expect to change? Nerf hSith so that a half full 40m guild can complete it? Give end game rewards to every player so it’s “fair”? I honestly can’t understand what your argument is.

“I’m a qualified brain surgeon but I like the janitorial staff so I took a job sweeping floors instead. Why don’t they pay me the same as a surgeon? Not fair!!”
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    What is it that you really expect to change

Don't make some gear only available to players in a Top Level guild.

Characters, fair enough. But my making Player A have access to gear that Player B doesn't, Player A's characters will be more powerful than Player B's. Player A's Stormtrooper will have gear that Player B cannot get.
    So suddenly Player A is going to win their fights even if all they do is zero-tag the Heroic Sith Raid while Player B runs his guild and solos the Heroic Tank for everyone, etc.

Gear being EXCLUSIVE to the Heroic Sith means your characters will be better purely because of your Guild, not because of you.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Characters, fair enough. But my making Player A have access to gear that Player B doesn't, Player A's characters will be more powerful than Player B's. Player A's Stormtrooper will have gear that Player B cannot get.
    So suddenly Player A is going to win their fights even if all they do is zero-tag the Heroic Sith Raid while Player B runs his guild and solos the Heroic Tank for everyone, etc.

Gear being EXCLUSIVE to the Heroic Sith means your characters will be better purely because of your Guild, not because of you.

There are not too many places where people at different levels of guilds are in direct competition. If you choose to be in a less competitive guild, or just a less developed one, or a guild either not full, or not full of people at your level. That is the choice you have made, where they put rewards doesnt need to be catered to your choice in how you play the game.

If you offer something to a guild that they value enough to keep you there and you post 0 or do little damage in the raid, that's their choice.

The game is all about choices, but the road is laid out ahead of you for you to navigate as you feel.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    So you guys think the hSTR rewards weren't good enough but the T1-T6 rewards were fine then?

I'm the first person to say "stop complaining" but I think about what people are saying first.

The devs have already stated that all the raid rewards need to be reworked. The reason they're starting with HSR isn't that they want to cater to whales, and leave everyone else in the dust. They want to nerf the guts out of them. They aren't just adding on new exclusive pieces. They are slashing current rewards too. Remember this whole debacle when they showed what they wanted last time, and had to put it back because of the rage storm that ensued?

A whale in my arena got 5 fully crafted pieces from first place today. Not the most he's ever had. They are putting a stop to that on top of adding a slight trickle of new stuff that won't be enough to reach a new gear level. Sooooo... this thread should say, 'thanks devs from all the small guilds for finally giving us a chance to catch up.'
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    CG has never made it so that someone had to complete a heroic to obtain a type of gear before.

With the Rancor, one could get the raid gear starting at tier V.

With the AAT, one can get that gear from tier VI.

With the STR, it can only be gotten from the heroic, the tier VII.

This is very problematic whether or not people choose to acknowledge it. With the no refreshes and rarity requirements, guilds have to work up to being able to take down the heroic, not everyone can.

Always in the past, people could get that gear anyway. Sure maybe it took a month to get down tVI AAT, but you got the gear at the end of it. You could still keep up in arena, you just had to be more selective about who you geared up.

This is the ONLY place to get this gear. Now people who aren't in the top guilds CAN'T get that gear, period. This has never happened before, it is a very unhealthy shift AWAY from balance.

Just like guild event currency should come from every single tier of STR. Not getting shards for a sweet toon? Oh well, make do with lesser guys so you can work towards that guy. Not getting the gear because you're not strong enough? But you need gear to get stronger...

Let's be clear here. Someone in a tiny guild can still clear a t6AAT and get that gear even if they are doing t5Rancor. They can still get it if they want to put in the effort. Tying gear to heroic only is an abominable decision. Should at the very least be in T6 too. Really should be able to get it starting tV like raid gear in the Rancor.
  • I'm going to chime in on my own experience. The guild that I have been in for some time now started out as a really small guild. I think our total GP was only about 30m when I joined it. We had only one person capable of solo clearing Hpit. And I remember how long it took us to clear Haat the first time. But we have stuck together and now our GP is nearing 100m. And even at this GP, we are still struggling to clear tier 5 of sith raid. So now we are pushing stronger guild communication and participation to make our eventual way to heroic sith.

Just be patient and if you want to clear it faster, push for more participation from everybody.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    CG has never made it so that someone had to complete a heroic to obtain a type of gear before.

This is very problematic whether or not people choose to acknowledge it. With the no refreshes and rarity requirements, guilds have to work up to being able to take down the heroic, not everyone can.

Always in the past, people could get that gear anyway. Sure maybe it took a month to get down tVI AAT, but you got the gear at the end of it. You could still keep up in arena, you just had to be more selective about who you geared up.

This is the ONLY place to get this gear. Now people who aren't in the top guilds CAN'T get that gear, period. This has never happened before, it is a very unhealthy shift AWAY from balance.

Just like guild event currency should come from every single tier of STR. Not getting shards for a sweet toon? Oh well, make do with lesser guys so you can work towards that guy. Not getting the gear because you're not strong enough? But you need gear to get stronger...

Let's be clear here. Someone in a tiny guild can still clear a t6AAT and get that gear even if they are doing t5Rancor. They can still get it if they want to put in the effort. Tying gear to heroic only is an abominable decision. Should at the very least be in T6 too. Really should be able to get it starting tV like raid gear in the Rancor.

Why is it problematic? There is nothing you need to reach the max gear level that is exclusive. Every guild that is completing HSR did it without whatever is getting added. If the rewards in HSR were going to exclusively allow elite guilds to reach gear 13 then I'd say that's not fair. But that isn't what's happening. Top level rewards are going to be slashed to the bone in exchange for small quantities of something that isn't needed.

Reaching g12 is a big deal. That isn't exclusive. Reaching g12 with 3 extra slots filled instead of 2 is not a big deal. Some of the g12 pieces are filler with no benefit to the character. Even the really good ones aren't life changing. My g12 Palpatine still dies first in arena even with that 6000 health piece. This whole thing is such a non-issue.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Everyone has to start somewhere. You have content you can complete already. Do that until you're ready for HSR. I remember years ago banging my head against a t5 Rancor raid for months before we graduated to heroic. Someone crybabying that they can't do the hardest content as a newish player is silly, and obnoxious.

But they're not being punished for being a new player, they're being punished for being in a small guild.

[...]

That's unfair.

We were doing T4. For one or two raids we got GEC. Then they took it away from us.

What's your point?

I don't think you know what thread you're in right now.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

The devs have already stated that all the raid rewards need to be reworked.

That was the statement back in April. The most recent statements indicate they have no plans to do anything with T1-T6 at the present time.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    It's pathetic based on the amount of resources and work required. Can clear a T6 AAT faster than T4 STR and get 10x better rewards.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Why is it problematic? There is nothing you need to reach the max gear level that is exclusive. Every guild that is completing HSR did it without whatever is getting added. If the rewards in HSR were going to exclusively allow elite guilds to reach gear 13 then I'd say that's not fair. But that isn't what's happening. Top level rewards are going to be slashed to the bone in exchange for small quantities of something that isn't needed.

Reaching g12 is a big deal. That isn't exclusive. Reaching g12 with 3 extra slots filled instead of 2 is not a big deal. Some of the g12 pieces are filler with no benefit to the character. Even the really good ones aren't life changing. My g12 Palpatine still dies first in arena even with that 6000 health piece. This whole thing is such a non-issue.

It is absolutely NOT a non-issue. When you are talking about Squad arena EVERY piece of gear matters. Now because I can't farm this gear, it will push my squad rank down, which means that not only can I NOT get gear, I can now get even LESS gear because my crystal income goes down.

Exclusive gear is a HUGE problem. It creates a chain reaction effect across the competitive game modes that will push everyone who isn't farming hSTR down in every other game mode.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

It is absolutely NOT a non-issue. When you are talking about Squad arena EVERY piece of gear matters. Now because I can't farm this gear, it will push my squad rank down, which means that not only can I NOT get gear, I can now get even LESS gear because my crystal income goes down.

Exclusive gear is a HUGE problem. It creates a chain reaction effect across the competitive game modes that will push everyone who isn't farming hSTR down in every other game mode.

Why would someone like the OP in a 40 million GP guild be competing in arena against a player capable of completing the HSR?

The minimum seems to be 120 million GP for guilds that can complete it. If you choose to be in a guild where you are 3 times stronger than your guildies then you are choosing to not be competitive.

If you are where you belong in a 40 mill GP guild and fighting in an arena with someone who whaled out and has triple your GP then you had no shot at competing against them anyhow for at least a year.

And let's look at something besides what the OP was talking about. If you are just shy of being able to complete HSR, and competing in arena against someone who is... SO WHAT? Farm the teams needed, and stop crying. My 5*/g11 Sion does just fine every day against a slew of 7*/g12 Sions. That is a WAY WAY WAY bigger gap that I have to farm for the better part of a year to close than a fraction of a gear level. G12.5 is not going to be such a giant hairy deal that G12.3 will be complete devastated in arena.

In conclusion... boo hoo, boo hoo, boo hoo.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Traya is not available to all players, hence some players will have a character in their sith team which others won't have. Suddenly some players will have a much harder time against those teams with Traya. You find that completely fair, but not if the increased difficulty is due to a gear advantage instead? I find that a bit...flawed.

Don't worry too much about it. In half a year or maybe one year, the current smaller guilds will be able to farm heroic STR as well. It took less than a year from the AAT raid was introduced until almost any guild would be able to beat it regarding they farmed the suitable characters for the 'super teams'. The same thing will happen with heroic STR.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member

[...]

That's unfair.

What's your point?

I don't think you know what thread you're in right now.

@TVF, Your comment about tier 4 is pointless. No small guilds have anything taken away from them with the changes to the rewards in heroic STR. I included the original post as a help for you. It serms like you encountered a bad pointer somewhere. You should be in this thread:
    As a leader of a 40k mill GP guild, I find it obvious that Capital Games don't want small guild like ours. With the new g12+ update, which is only obtainable via Heroic Sith Raid, this is very clear. A small guild can never run Heroic Sith raid, so this is another slap in our face.

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I give up.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Why would someone like the OP in a 40 million GP guild be competing in arena against a player capable of completing the HSR?

The minimum seems to be 120 million GP for guilds that can complete it. If you choose to be in a guild where you are 3 times stronger than your guildies then you are choosing to not be competitive.

If you are where you belong in a 40 mill GP guild and fighting in an arena with someone who whaled out and has triple your GP then you had no shot at competing against them anyhow for at least a year.

And let's look at something besides what the OP was talking about. If you are just shy of being able to complete HSR, and competing in arena against someone who is... SO WHAT? Farm the teams needed, and stop crying. My 5*/g11 Sion does just fine every day against a slew of 7*/g12 Sions. That is a WAY WAY WAY bigger gap that I have to farm for the better part of a year to close than a fraction of a gear level. G12.5 is not going to be such a giant hairy deal that G12.3 will be complete devastated in arena.

In conclusion... I like to pick on people.

FIFY

I am in a 78 million GP guild and I get top ranks in arena. I am currently facing 3 Trayas at the top, but I know there's more on the way. I am concerned about those 2 pieces of gear because I know there's a big difference already between g12 and g12.5. Going from g12.5 to g12.8 will be just as big a gap, the stats on those pieces are HUGE.

In conclusion, not one of your rebuttals seems well though out to me. No they seem like knee-**** reaction downplaying those you see as beneath you.

Traya is not available to all players, hence some players will have a character in their sith team which others won't have. Suddenly some players will have a much harder time against those teams with Traya. You find that completely fair, but not if the increased difficulty is due to a gear advantage instead? I find that a bit...flawed.

Don't worry too much about it. In half a year or maybe one year, the current smaller guilds will be able to farm heroic STR as well. It took less than a year from the AAT raid was introduced until almost any guild would be able to beat it regarding they farmed the suitable characters for the 'super teams'. The same thing will happen with heroic STR.

I don't see how you find it flawed. There are always easy to farm counters to OP rare characters. But it requires you gear them. G12 and g12.5 have a huge difference in stats, it's not a negligible difference. Why would you think that the difference between 12.5 and 12.8 would be negligible? I'm certain it won't be. Look at the stats on the g12 pieces so far. They're ridiculous. That's too big a gap. It's one thing to have to rely on substandard characters, but if you can't even gear them up equally... that's a big gap that they shouldn't create.

It's a big deal. They need to put that gear in at least t6 as well, really should go into t5 too.
  • I think the trouble is that people have very different definitions of what being an “experienced” player is entitled to from the Devs.

Personally I couldn’t give 2 hoots that I won’t have access to the new G12+ stuff. The Guild I belong to is pootling along at T4 at the moment.

When the Sith Raid started it was stated you really needed 40 JTRs 40 NS 40 Chex Mix 40 Machine Gun Leias and a St Han Expolit to clear it and probably 150mil GP (actual numbers may vary
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Personally I couldn’t give 2 hoots that I won’t have access to the new G12+ stuff. The Guild I belong to is pootling along at T4 at the moment.

That's fair. Gonna make arena tougher though.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Have you guys seen the stats on the new g12 gear? Every single piece gives 6 speed along with a wealth of other stats.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Well it was fun hitting first or second in arena for a few weeks. Back to the 100-200 range I guess.
This discussion has been closed.