On the Recent Territory Battle Issues (6/20/18) [MEGA]

Replies

• Rhod101
    50 posts Member
    Hi Devs,

I appreciate it must have been a pretty crap week for you all with the TB IPD glitch, so sorry to continue with that. Just thought it worth noting that a number of my guild mates and I had the bug, so couldn't do the IPD mission. This left me and many others in the guild, 6 (and 1 guy 7) shards short of a 7* IPD. Which now means we can't do the special mission today.

It would be great if you could consider that when you make the recompense you've written of.

Thanks.
  • Hello again @CG_Carrie,

I just wanted to add that I had no intention of being rude, combative or sling unwarranted accusations around in my previous post. If I misquoted or misunderstood something then I do apologize. I also want to add that I am not trying to single @CG_SBCrumb out and certainly understand that it may take time to get into the swing of things. This community can be delightful and terrifying at the same time. I think we all want Crumb to succeed in being a formidable community manager because that would be best for all parties involved.

That being said, I am curious to know your opinion on the points I raised, even if it's an across the board rebuttal of what I said. It sounds like a few members here would also be interested in seeing what you think of that post and its content.

This post is not a redaction of anything I said in my last post, it is merely a declaration of my intent and hopes to have a cordial discussion regarding the discrepancies I have noticed in the last few months.

Regards,
    Weirdornothology
  • ...and I still haven't gotten my cancelled dstb rewards lol
  • The amount of bugs recently clearly indicates a lack of focus on QA and the software delivery process as a whole.

Taking responsibility for the issue is the first step, however the steps to rectify it is way more important.

Having been in software development and release management for well over 20 years this is obvious.

Automation is the key to success, takes out the human element and allows you to deliver with confidence that no old code unexpectedly got broken.

This lackluster quality can't be sustained if you intend to keep and bring in new players
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    I was also locked out of the veers mission in p5.
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    Not read whole thread so apologies if posted earlier (i did search) but i have switched guilds since last tb. i assume ill still get any 'makegood' ?

thanks
  • thee_pdx wrote: »
    Not read whole thread so apologies if posted earlier (i did search) but i have switched guilds since last tb. i assume ill still get any 'makegood' ?

thanks

The question shouldn't be if, but when will they make good.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Folks, I just want to hop-in real quickly and remind folks of some of our forums rules, as we've had to remove some posts from the discussion recently.

Unwanted topics
    Posts and user feeds that contain the following elements, per the judgment of forum staff, are not permitted:
    • Posts bashing EA, CG, the dev team or the moderators.

Frustration isn't an excuse to go bashing anyone - be they another player or a developer.
  • Decay
    108 posts Member
    What is the timeline for the expected resolution from the Devs and team -

I missed upgrading IPD due to the bug, I could not do the special mission due to the bug, and now I will be entering TW with a 6* as opposed to 7* IPD.

Would appreciate a follow-up from the early post.
  • Decay
    108 posts Member
    iPD fiasco almost 96 hours since being done.

Special mission misses almost 24 hours

Over 72 hours since an update.

Where is teams sokution ?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Decay wrote: »

They said significant make good is coming this week.

It's early.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Cridiron
    158 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Decay wrote: »

They said significant make good is coming this week.

It's early.

I thought they said end of last week? Guess my memory could be wrong though. I was wondering this today myself though. Would love an update or something though.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Do we have a time frame of when to expect word on this?
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Aluxtu wrote: »

this week, it's been already said
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Lol, in the post directly above no less.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    Folks, I just want to hop-in real quickly and remind folks of some of our forums rules, as we've had to remove some posts from the discussion recently.

Unwanted topics
    Posts and user feeds that contain the following elements, per the judgment of forum staff, are not permitted:
    • Posts bashing EA, CG, the dev team or the moderators.

Frustration isn't an excuse to go bashing anyone - be they another player or a developer.

Well maybe if you delivered on your promise to communicate to your players like you said you would we wouldn't have people getting angry. Prime example you say everyone's getting compensation for the bugs but don't give a definitive date instead you roll out the standard term of next week. Be open and transparent and you will find you won't receive as much negative criticism

• Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Rojas wrote: »
    Aluxtu wrote: »

this week, it's been already said

I meant like a day of the week. Because typically when they say things like soon, end of week, or... This week... It doesn't happen.
  • Bump for visibility.
  • Kriesha
    113 posts Member
    While we are at the subject of TBs, could you also possibly review the deploy requirements? It feels very frustrating to have to choose between deploying a (p2p) character that is also a key component for completing a battle in the same wave (in the same or adjacent area), especially if I happen to be one of the few people in guild who has that character at required stars.
    Character deploys are frustrating as it is, the least you could do is not include required factions in deploys (hurts especially bad in DS TB, as there are less characters to start with, even less viable for the difficulty the rebel opponents present).
  • Kriesha wrote: »
    While we are at the subject of TBs, could you also possibly review the deploy requirements? It feels very frustrating to have to choose between deploying a (p2p) character that is also a key component for completing a battle in the same wave (in the same or adjacent area), especially if I happen to be one of the few people in guild who has that character at required stars.
    Character deploys are frustrating as it is, the least you could do is not include required factions in deploys (hurts especially bad in DS TB, as there are less characters to start with, even less viable for the difficulty the rebel opponents present).

And not have the new marquee characters in there either. Not every guild is going to contain a couple whales to sacrifice that character. I get 3 or few stars, but a 7*? that hurts...
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie , @CG_SBCrumb (I know you get more direct tags than you can possibly respond to, but I thought I would try anyway.)

Hi Carrie and Crumb,

I get that you've got an awful lot on your plate and more than a few fires to put out right now. But I have a feeling that it would go a really long way toward soothing some of the frustration that players are feeling if you could just make a brief post like the following:

"Hi all, I know many of are feeling frustrated about the bugs you experienced in recent territory battles. I mentioned at the end of last week that we plan on sending out a significant make-good this week. Since we're a couple days into the week now, and I understand that silence can cause its own frustrations, I'm just popping in here to let you know that we're still working on that and still plan on getting it to you this week. Thanks for your continued patience."

(I can provide additional community management advice in exchange for crystals. This one's on me ;). )
  • Decay
    108 posts Member
    is there anybody out there?
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    yr4im58eq700.jpg
  • Dwest
    171 posts Member
    Has the “substantial compensation” been moved to after TW?
  • Back to the first page with this.
  • So... where is the significant make good? :smile:
  • Startomsto wrote: »
    So... where is the significant make good? :smile:

They said this week and have not updated since.
    They said the same thing on the Sith raid feedback post over a month ago.... we are still waiting for feedback to player concerns there.

Maybe they have a different definition of what a week is?
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member
    To be fair to CG, they make so many bad decisions its probably easier to wait until the end of the work week to cover them all at once.
  • Jed_Eye
    171 posts Member
    Looks like they have announced the makegood.... Significantly disappointing.....