One Glaring Issue with Jedi (of many)

With the GM Yoda reworks incoming, I think a lot of people are getting excited about the possibility of future Jedi reworks. Despite being heavily dark side oriented in the game, I too admit it would be nice to see Jedi take a step forward.

One thing I’ve noticed about all the Galactic Republic tagged Jedi, is that every one of them (except the generic guardian and consular) have leader abilities, yet all of them are massively underwhelming. For a faction that has SO many leaders, the number of viable leads are pretty slim.

To suggest a solution to this, I say make one or two Jedi leaders actually Jedi lead oriented (GM Yoda, QGJ, Mace Windu, etc.) while the rest should be clone trooper lead oriented. Take Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, JKA, and all these other Jedi and give them some cool interactive leads that focus on leading clone troopers. This would allow for way more customization and follow true to their role as leaders in the Clone Army. Just a thought.

Replies

• With the GM Yoda reworks incoming, I think a lot of people are getting excited about the possibility of future Jedi reworks. Despite being heavily dark side oriented in the game, I too admit it would be nice to see Jedi take a step forward.

One thing I’ve noticed about all the Galactic Republic tagged Jedi, is that every one of them (except the generic guardian and consular) have leader abilities, yet all of them are massively underwhelming. For a faction that has SO many leaders, the number of viable leads are pretty slim.

To suggest a solution to this, I say make one or two Jedi leaders actually Jedi lead oriented (GM Yoda, QGJ, Mace Windu, etc.) while the rest should be clone trooper lead oriented. Take Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, JKA, and all these other Jedi and give them some cool interactive leads that focus on leading clone troopers. This would allow for way more customization and follow true to their role as leaders in the Clone Army. Just a thought.

Let’s be honest... heavily dark side oriented right now as a swing away from back to back LS metas of CLS and JTR. Rex and JTR and Nest can still hold the top and kill EzPz. I just want to make that point clear, it’s not like DS has a pure gridlock.

Now as far as jedi go, I agree I hope to see even more reworks like Mace and JKA for instance. I am all for buffing Jedi to the point of usefulness, I just object to the idea that only DS has a team that can win it all. LS still has options.
  • With the GM Yoda reworks incoming, I think a lot of people are getting excited about the possibility of future Jedi reworks. Despite being heavily dark side oriented in the game, I too admit it would be nice to see Jedi take a step forward.

Let’s be honest... heavily dark side oriented right now as a swing away from back to back LS metas of CLS and JTR. Rex and JTR and Nest can still hold the top and kill EzPz. I just want to make that point clear, it’s not like DS has a pure gridlock.

Now as far as jedi go, I agree I hope to see even more reworks like Mace and JKA for instance. I am all for buffing Jedi to the point of usefulness, I just object to the idea that only DS has a team that can win it all. LS still has options.

I hear you. My point in saying that I’m heavily dark side oriented is that I likely won’t even use or invest in these Jedi either way. There’s plenty of LS viability out there, especially considering 3/5 legendary characters are LS, and both heroes journey characters are LS. They definitely have options, I’m just saying that Jedi as a faction, despite my lack of interest in using them, desperately need some work.

I hear you. My point in saying that I’m heavily dark side oriented is that I likely won’t even use or invest in these Jedi either way. There’s plenty of LS viability out there, especially considering 3/5 legendary characters are LS, and both heroes journey characters are LS. They definitely have options, I’m just saying that Jedi as a faction, despite my lack of interest in using them, desperately need some work.

Gotcha, we both agree on that. We sure could use a villains journey.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Plo Koon's leadership ability: "Give a little more power to Plo Koon's ship."
    Still not a he.