TB Zombie/Scout Endless Loop

dl8xk8sphnce.png
Zombie dies, Scouts gain 100% TM.
0elwxif6ijol.png
Plague is placed only on Commander who doesn't gain TM.
iee1v4uy0dc1.png
Rinse, repeat.

Endless loop placed on auto for the last hour! :D

Can't quit, I will lose encounters 1-3. Can't win, but can't lose.

My only hope is Zombie 1) survives being 1-shot and 2) dodges 2 consecutive attacks from the other two scouts.

Pray for me.

Replies

• Just happened to me too. She dies over 650 times before I had to quit game.
  • Threx
    35 posts Member
    If you leave you still get 1-3
  • And that is why protection recovery in TB is a bad idea and has to be mitigated
  • Just happened to me too. She dies over 650 times before I had to quit game.

Did you count each time? :p
  • My kid did, laughing whole time. I did not get battle points.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Threx wrote: »

Yep, happened to me a few TB back and you do get credit for completed waves. I believe that was an early fix.

Loop won't get fixed however, since it's basically WAI.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This.

And yes zombie is a bad idea on the higher phase missions.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

How so? If you are down to just zombie and acolyte you probably were in trouble anyway.

• BalecGonJinn
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    It did not give me mission points, only deployment points. Our guild is always so close on points, that really hurts us all. These are my mission, platoon and mass deploy. (and yes, I got stomped on the Empire only mission.) All it has for me.kovcyuymocml.png
  • Cheese tactic getting fitting response. Well deserved. :P
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Like I posted in the other thread, gearing and levelling Zombie and your other NS so they can take more hits means that this is not a problem in higher phases, despite what the misguided moderator would have you believe. It’s a lock for 4/4 even in P6. Weak Zombie puts you at risk.

Otherwise, try using Talia in favour of NA.

image.png
  • Kiritoismyname
    845 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »
    Like I posted in the other thread, gearing and levelling Zombie and your other NS so they can take more hits means that this is not a problem in higher phases, despite what the misguided moderator would have you believe. It’s a lock for 4/4 even in P6. Weak Zombie puts you at risk.

image.png

Why tf are you calling him a misguided mod? Most people don't have a high geared zombie so he was talking in general that zombie isn't good in higher phases.

Or maybe you are just salty that you are one of the very few who have her geared high and can't score high enough in sith raid. :P JK, don't take it seriously.

Ps.:- Solid toons right there.
  • Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »

image.png

Why tf are you calling him a misguided mod? Most people don't have a high geared zombie so he was talking in general that zombie isn't good in higher phases.

Or maybe you are just salty that you are one of the very few who have her geared high and can't score high enough in sith raid. :P JK, don't take it seriously.

Ps.:- Solid toons right there.

He's misguided because he made a blanket statement and laboured the point in two threads now - incorrectly - that Zombie isn't suitable for DS TB. It's plainly untrue from my experience and I look forward to getting 4/4 using Zombie in a NS squad in P6 tomorrow.

And as you raise it, I do quite well in P4 of the Sith Raid, thank you very much. ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

How so? If you are down to just zombie and acolyte you probably were in trouble anyway.

Because you can try a handful of different toons that will not land you in a) an infinite loop, and b) down to 2 toons left.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jedi_of_Oz wrote: »

image.png

I have a low ish gear zombie, I dont land in this scenario and I 4/4 even in p6. If that's misguided, I guess I'm doing it wrong.
  • You cant leave . It's a endless loop of them attacking.

Sadly I didn't see this thread and this happened to me today on wave 4. I got 0 points except the deploy.

Zombie is still okay to use, just dont use acolyte.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You cant leave . It's a endless loop of them attacking.

Sadly I didn't see this thread and this happened to me today on wave 4. I got 0 points except the deploy.

Even if you close the app you get credit for any waves completed
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    While the combat mechanic is arguably WAI, what sucks and has always done so is the lack of ability to pause and retreat/forfeit on enemy turns.
    This was bad enough early on in GW but has reached peak annoyance in cases like these. It's bad enough that he can't work his way out of this trap, but it's a tad cruel to deprive him of the chance to at least cash in on the progress done in the 3 stages before...
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Because you can try a handful of different toons that will not land you in a) an infinite loop, and b) down to 2 toons left.

You can try other things in TB but you only get one try. For some people, zombie is their best chance to finish the waves despite the possibility of hitting the loop.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member

That's not true. Happened to someone in my guild on wave 4, had to close the app as the two elite scouts would just tag team back and forth on zombie. (This needs at least 2 enemy scouts to happen as they each get 50% TM when an enemy dies (100% TM for empire enemies)). Opened back up and he didn't get any credit for the first 3 waves he'd completed.

As for the weak zombie complaint, that's not the problem here. Acolyte is the problem, use a different NS in her place and continue to use your weak zombie.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

That's not true. Happened to someone in my guild on wave 4, had to close the app as the two elite scouts would just tag team back and forth on zombie. (This needs at least 2 enemy scouts to happen as they each get 50% TM when an enemy dies (100% TM for empire enemies)). Opened back up and he didn't get any credit for the first 3 waves he'd completed.

This was a problem at TB launch. They fixed it. I had this happen to me a few TB back and I got credit for three completed waves when I opened the game back up. Either it broke again, or your guildmate is wrong.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

This was a problem at TB launch. They fixed it. I had this happen to me a few TB back and I got credit for three completed waves when I opened the game back up. Either it broke again, or your guildmate is wrong.

Probably broke again, either that or he had a poor connection when going through the first few waves and it didn't go through. Didn't make a huge difference for us we can't quite 3* the middle territory in DS P5 yet anyway. Still on track for 46*. I can double check, but I'm pretty sure it didn't go through. Maybe he did something weird when closing the game.
  • Kyno wrote: »

This.

Not if you have to force quit the game.

Only if you retreat.

If you have to force quit in a true infinite loop, then you lose everything.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

This.

Not if you have to force quit the game.

Only if you retreat.

If you have to force quit in a true infinite loop, then you lose everything.

Untrue prior to update. It may be true now, not confirmed.
  • You cant quit. You have to force close. And no I didnt get credit for first 3 waves..
  • ok the same thing happened to me today too, the only thing i could do was force quit and restart, i got no points for the battle other than what i deployed.

I contacted EA and they said this was expected game play and i need to chose a different team.

So they fix an infinite loop for ST Han and Acolyte in Heroic Sith raid that benefits players but won't fix an infinite loop that hinders players, that makes no sense. All i want is the points i should have earned for that battle.
  • Yup, i ran into it for the first time today. Really annoying watching my lone plague chilling on a soldier while the scouts took infinite turns. Be nice if they fixed this infinite loop too, i shouldn't have to force close my game and lose ALL my points for that mission. At least do a cop out and enable the retreat option after 60seconds of only enemy actions so we can salvage some points.
  • You fix it by gearing up your zombie
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited August 2018

This.

If you leave you get 0 as you cannot leave you have to force quit the app. This is an infinite loop that the devs need to fix!!!!! If they can break toons for a loop no one used they can fix this. They need to fix this as it kills TB. This can happen to geared zombies as well.
  • Obi1_son wrote: »

This.

If you leave you get 0 as you cannot leave you have to force quit the app. This is an infinite loop that the devs need to fix!!!!! If the can break toons for a loop no one used. The need to fix this as it kills TB

By this same thinking, acolyte should not have needed a nerf as there are other teams the players can use in Sith raid. Cant use a double standard to avoid fixing loop mechanics.