Ben Kenobi advice needed!

Khai
81 posts Member
Hey guys!
I just pulled Ben Kenobi out of a chrom pack :D. I was wondering if he's worth upgrading at 4 stars. Im afraid his health wont be good enough for him to be viable in arena.. But that also means my team could get that buff easier :P
I also need tips of what to upgrade on his abilities. Definitely i plan on maxing out his Unique Abilty and his Special, but i wonder about his leader and his basic. His leader seems good. It's like Dooku's but more passive than aggressive. His basic attack tho, upgrading it would just boost some damage, and his basic attack is weak to begin with. I was thinking about leaving it at lvl1 since you still get that Evasion up for 2 turns.
Thanks! Any comment is appreciated!

Replies

• VIII
    495 posts Member
    http://swgoh.gg/characters/obi-wan-kenobi-old-ben/stats/

Hope this helps
    And his health at 4* max gear is
  • It is good when Ben dies. In some ways, a low-star Old Ben could be better, as his death buff is OMGgood.

At 7* he can hit pretty hard too though, so both are viable.
  • After level 50, his jedi mind tricks get deflected easy and A.I. kills him last. People playing against your team in arena will also go after him last. Some people swear by him though.
  • Khai
    81 posts Member
    TY for tips!
  • After level 50, his jedi mind tricks get deflected easy and A.I. kills him last. People playing against your team in arena will also go after him last. Some people swear by him though.

Are we playing the same game? His mind tricks stick very well @ Lvl 70. :)
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    BentWookie wrote: »
    After level 50, his jedi mind tricks get deflected easy and A.I. kills him last. People playing against your team in arena will also go after him last. Some people swear by him though.

I'm not imagining it. He waves his hand in the air and.... 3 of 5 opponents get the boxes and then 2 opposing characters counter attack from it. Vader gets 5 of 5 most of the time.
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Like I said, some people swear by him. I think he blows.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    After level 50, his jedi mind tricks get deflected easy and A.I. kills him last. People playing against your team in arena will also go after him last. Some people swear by him though.

Agreed. I usually hit 4/5 (or 3/4 if I've already knocked out an opponent) with Old Ben's Mind Tricks at level 70. He goes from 10% potency at GL6 to 30% at GL7 and then 50% at GL9.
  • Khai
    81 posts Member

Agreed. I usually hit 4/5 (or 3/4 if I've already knocked out an opponent) with Old Ben's Mind Tricks at level 70. He goes from 10% potency at GL6 to 30% at GL7 and then 50% at GL9.

Huh so should i bother spending resources on him?
    My team rn is
    7* Luminara (leader)
    7*Eeth
    6*Poggle
    6*Poe
    6*Rey
    I also have 7*Admiral
  • SHut down by yoda.
  • Khai wrote: »

Huh so should i bother spending resources on him?
    My team rn is
    7* Luminara (leader)
    7*Eeth
    6*Poggle
    6*Poe
    6*Rey
    I also have 7*Admiral

Short answer is yes.

Long answer is its obi motha f'in wan kenobi...yes!

I find him useful and although there are better options he is fun in the right set up. I use him with Sid and Vader Phasma and Lumi. Aoe debuffs galore and Vader gets an easy kill with all the debuffs. Try him a bit and see what you think.
  • BentWookie wrote: »

I'm not imagining it. He waves his hand in the air and.... 3 of 5 opponents get the boxes and then 2 opposing characters counter attack from it. Vader gets 5 of 5 most of the time.

Nobody counter attacks from it, pfft.
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    He's a life-saver for me in GW. AOE Ability Block -damage reduce, yes please
  • FatherToast
    243 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I pulled a 4* Ben as well. I keep him at level 70, max gear, and use him as leader in arena. Despite the low stars, he still has more health than any other character on my team and gives himself evasion up. For scale, his damage is a little better than a 6* max gear Chewie's damage. Don't overlook his basic, especially not the first few (cheap) levels, pretty easy +25% or so damage. He will be using his basic attack very often due to the long recharge of his special.

His leader ability is very powerful and RNG can be a pain to attackers sometimes - makes the character they want to kill get its turn faster to do whatever they wanted to stop it from doing, plus an evade basically means the enemy has lost its turn and possibly its attack skill.

Ben combos extremely well with Han.

You must be imagining it. Characters only counterattack damage-dealing abilities. Either way, how is destroying the offense and utility of 3 out of 5 enemies not good? Running against Sid or Poe, 3/5 is about what I expect, since both of those characters have a fairly high chance to resist/evade. Usually goes down to 3/4 or 3/3 enemies pretty quickly.
  • hes only good in GW but not in top arena