Ship Battle 5-E

Prev134
Mr_Eel
124 posts Member
edited June 2018
Ship Battle 5-E is next to impossible. Tarkin is so fast that he goes twice before my G11 Biggs goes once, and Tarkin gets his AoE off and wipes my team before I can call a second reinforcement. This isn’t going to work.

Replies

• Normal or hard?
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Wow how can you already be at 5E?

I did not even finish the 2
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Wow how can you already be at 5E?

I did not even finish the 2

Refreshes. Refreshes everywhere
  • LtChocolate
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I am also at 5-E. Used all 3 100 crystal refreshes then spent 200 crystals to give it another 12 tries. Failed 12 times. Used chimera (6*) at first, switched to tarkin(g10) and have come close several times, but no dice, I get wiped by tarkin's ultimate as well. I'm running Vader(G11), biggs (g11), tfp(g11), boba(g9, 2x upgraded reinforcement bonus) or fives(g9) first off the bench depending on the number of target locks I have up. One thing I have noticed is that every time, regardless of which slot he's in, the enemy targets vader. If i don't get a target lock with tfp first hit I don't even make it past their first reinforcement most times. All my ships are at 7*, and I get that not all my pilots are fully geared, but I shouldn't need full g12 pilots to beat the ship table, that's just insane.

EDIT: I also just realized that they get a bonus turn to start the battle, which on top of their speed is just Crazy. They delayed the launch of this to "get it right", that was clearly a lie. No way they tested any of this stuff.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    I think CG has some QA vacancies. If not they should have. This battle was obviously untouched by testers.
    Also g12, 7*, maxed ships.
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    i did it with AA genosians biggs reenforce got through no losses first go
  • We will see some ideas of how to beat it in a day from whales. I quit trying after my first loss, and spent the rest of my refesh on Sion in 4 hard
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    I got 3 stars with 5s, Biggs and TFP. Used Vader and Reaper as reinforcements. The key is having TFP dodge enemy Bobas first attack to give u the TM gain. Seems with that lineup, boba always targets TFP with a special as first attack.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Also u think hard node 5E is hard, wait till u try 5F. I haven't gotten close yet. Enemy Thrawn gets ultimate first no matter what you use.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    To clarify I thought you were talking about Hard Node 5E.
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Yeah, I got stuck on this as well. The enemy ships seem literally twice as fast as mine - they're genuinely getting two turns for everyone one of mine - and often kill someone before I get a turn. Never survive the ultimate aside from one stunned ship that quickly gets picked off.

Running Biggs, Vader, FOTP up front, reinforcement I usually call is Fett (with maxed reinforcement ability), since it seems like Retribution is one of the only ways to actually get some damage in when you're being so badly outrun. Lead I've tried my Thrawn and Ackbar. All G12 except for the G11 Ackbar, and most have at least one of their G12 pieces equipped (Thrawn has all three and a zeta). So there's not much room to strengthen the ships.

A couple of my guild-mates managed to get lucky and pass it, and supposedly the rest of the normal floor 5 battles are way easier. Perhaps this is genuinely an error, and not CG just throwing an irritating as hell roadblock up for the fun of it?
  • Bebebirdbirdbird
    3 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Managed to make it with chimera, scimitar, Vader, biggs, then boba as reinforcement. A bit of luck and retribution on biggs worked. Only lost boba
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    This is about normal node. I think no one would complain about final tier hard battles - these are expected to be hard.
    Also I managed to do it, but tactics involved is far beyond what I would expect from normal node.
    Thrawn, Biggs, FOTFP, Vader, reinforce with Scimitar and give retribution to Vader.
    Obviously, there's RNG involved - Vader get focused more often than not.
  • jeiaden
    34 posts Member
    I stand 1-20 in my arena but couldnt kill one ITF. Until this shard not lost a single ship. Difficulty level increase is just insane.
  • I was ready to leave a comment, title: I was excited. Context: for the new ship battles, until I auto 3* all of them. Until I hit this node. I only tried twice, once with Thrawn, once with Tarkin, and I’m not refreshing crystals again. It seems like a challenge. I was dis appointment in the ease of the others. The rewards seem weak as well
  • Normal 5-E is definitely a challenge. Only got one star for it and three starred the ones after. Level 5 hard I couldn't get past the first level but I am hoping to get past it during the weekend. The rewards are definitely disappointing. Inhad actually expected quite a bit more but expectations are made for disappointment I suppose.
  • Zmobie
    54 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I actually think it was tuned really rough on purpose, but since many of us don't have ship abilities maxed out seems way worse. Best way I dealt with the node, scimtar and biggs. None of the ITFs dispel, and they don't dodge/give turn meter like a normal one. I tried using Vader, ITF and biggs for two rounds and got crushed. Switched Vader to scimtar, put ret on biggs, and they barely broke biggs prot before I won.
  • I could understand this battle making sense for a hard mode battle, but a normal node? A big fat nope.

This node is stupidly overpowered and definitely a mark against CG QA. Honestly, what were you thinking?
  • Emmant
    93 posts Member
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    Ship Battle 5-E is next to impossible. Tarkin is so fast that he goes twice before my G11 Biggs goes once, and Tarkin gets his AoE off and wipes my team before I can call a second reinforcement. This isn’t going to work.

3* with thrawn Capital, vader, tfp, biggs - 1 reinforce (ghost) used

Took 5 attempts to get the right rng
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    Now I’m assuming this 5-E is the hard nodes? But if so it’s tough but mostly RNG based they tend to target high value ships like Vader. Reaper does well to keep them from rolling over you with rein. I’ve got maxed FO and their ships so they worked well for me.
  • Glad to see some proper challenges awaiting. Would've been a mite disappointed if I could thrash the new table in a few days.
  • Yes Tarkin is fast. Yes its difficult. But, no. No, it's not impossible. Far from it.

Like many other parts in the game (eg LS 9B hard), you cant expect to waltz through and clear every node with any old under geared, under starred lineup.

There are zeta's beyond this in the hard nodes. It's entirely appropriate that there is a challenge of some degree in the way.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    I could understand this battle making sense for a hard mode battle, but a normal node? A big fat nope.

This node is **** overpowered and definitely a mark against CG QA. Honestly, what were you thinking?

The stage 5 hard battles are a lot rougher. Honestly the only normal one I didn't 3* through all 5 stages was 5-C and Idk why that is. However I did lose the first time I tried 5-E, I think it's just all RNG as I got through it fine with 3* second time around switching up the tactics a little bit. Brought in Plo (Have his reinforcement bonus upgraded all the way) and plopped the taunt on ITF who already had foresight. Just gotta let your ITF dodge and you'll end up ripping right through their team. Silencer is a great ship to have in the battles for his stun, especially if you're using Chimaera as you can call him in to get two of their ships stunned at once to just slow down their DPS.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I beat 5F on hard. Could only 1*. It’s a difficult one for sure. And I only 1* 5A and 5C. And 2*5E. So gotta go back and clean those up but definitely happy about the zeta’s!
  • i was having a helluva time trying to even beat this node. but i just 3* it with:

Tarkin 6*
    Vader
    TFP
    Scimitar
    no reinforcements needed
  • I used Vader as reinforcement. DoT and his retribution helps kill off the ITFs quickly.
    I am stuck at 5F, I guess this will need a developed Home One.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    fell_swarm wrote: »
    Glad to see some proper challenges awaiting. Would've been a mite disappointed if I could thrash the new table in a few days.

Exactly. Why do people assume they have to be able to beat everything the first day? Don't they want to actually play the game sometimes?

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    There are zeta's beyond this in the hard nodes. It's entirely appropriate that there is a challenge of some degree in the way.

@FerLandrossa Is there a screenshot to confirm this?
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    nevermind, I found one x5cf7q3tbs51.png
  • SamoBudo wrote: »
    i did it with AA genosians biggs reenforce got through no losses first go

This is going to be a reoccurring theme for months. Until the next ship that comes out punishes assists, of course.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice